Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Dracarys

Republic's terrible armor...

12 comments in this topic

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,583 posts

They're looking into it

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles

WHAT? A Cruiser can citadel a BB? This must be fixed. YESTERDAY. Our BB overlords on Planet Battleship will not take kindly to this insult. 

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles

I just hope they don't give us the Rainbow Warrior, now we have all these new french ships, as that one will get blown up in your port.

[MIA-A]
Supertester
2,589 posts
8,413 battles
16 minutes ago, Canadatron said:

WHAT? A Cruiser can citadel a BB? This must be fixed. YESTERDAY. Our BB overlords on Planet Battleship will not take kindly to this insult. 

It's not that a cruiser can citadel a BB, it's that a cruiser can citadel a BB from max range. Which is bad. 

Citadels in close? Sure, someone screwed up. Time to be punished. Citadels from cruisers at max range? Time to die in 30 seconds. Not fun. 

Best way to explain it is eating full BB pens in a DD... From max range. Every 5-10 seconds. 

Edited by Show_Me_Your_Cits

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
12 minutes ago, Show_Me_Your_Cits said:

It's not that a cruiser can citadel a BB, it's that a cruiser can citadel a BB from max range. Which is bad. 

Citadels in close? Sure, someone screwed up. Time to be punished. Citadels from cruisers at max range? Time to die in 30 seconds. Not fun. 

Best way to explain it is eating full BB pens in a DD... From max range. Every 5-10 seconds. 

Then perhaps my comment was more to the OP and the fact he should better frame his argument. As it is written my comment stands. I know EXACTLY what he is on about, but I find it hilarious that this is seemingly becoming an issue less than a week after launch. Get over it, play a different BB if that one is too broken to do it's job. Simple.

These sky is falling "demands" are tiresome so I'm going to have some fun with them.

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,897 posts
10,479 battles

Even with the broken armor I've seen players performing very well with it. I'm looking forward to finishing the Alsace grind and getting republique

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,241 posts

I citadelled a cruiser in my Argile [sic].  So it make sense that cruisers can citadel a BB.  You just need to be a higher tier.  Of course I wonder where folks are getting these T11 cruisers.

[YOHB]
Members
250 posts
10,217 battles
18 minutes ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

Even with the broken armor I've seen players performing very well with it. I'm looking forward to finishing the Alsace grind and getting republique

I've not had issues with it's armor, but them I play mostly cruisers where proper angling and positioning is life and death at every moment. I'm sure people that play mainly BB's might find it requires a different play-style that what they are used too, and that's what makes if fun for me, at least.

[R-F]
Members
782 posts
6,420 battles

Didn't someone find that a Des Moines can citadel most of the other T10 battleships at long range, with varying degrees of difficulty?  Has Wargaming come out and described this as a bug officially?  Or is it just the way it is?

[BLUMR]
Members
2,049 posts
7,265 battles
4 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

Didn't someone find that a Des Moines can citadel most of the other T10 battleships at long range, with varying degrees of difficulty?  Has Wargaming come out and described this as a bug officially?  Or is it just the way it is?

DM can citadel every battleship at Close/max range.

-Grosser Kurfurst ive gotten citadels from 8-15km

- Conqueror ive gotten cits at 10-15km

- yamato 2-11KM

- Republic all ranges.

hell i citadel BB's with cruiser HE before on Hindenburg

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JDXpHhcR6P0

Sign in to follow this