kiwi1960

What are the odds....

13 comments in this topic

[1RD]
Members
551 posts

Yes, win a container at 2000 then at 12000... I never go beyond that. But what are the odds.

OK, I started playing on the EU server, when it first started, you had about 1 in 4 chance of winning a decent prize, 1 in 100 of winning a fantastic prize.

That then dropped to about one chance in 1000 of winning something, God knows what, I never won a decent prize....

Then when Wargaming.net shafted me on that server, I went to the NA and Asian servers to play. Same thing, never EVER won more than signal flags/embelms....

I want to know what the actual odds are on winning.... ANYTHING other than signal flags/emblems or another minor prize like that.

I'd like to know how many premium ships are "won" every week and by how many playing actually winning a container.

I reckon it must be something like 1 premium ship per week out of 1,000,000 people collecting containers....

It looks like wargaming.net is shafting us again... and its no wonder so many people leave the game never to return...

I play exclusively on the NA server now, but I have given up hoping for a decent prize, so, that means I wont be playing as often because I'm not going to bother with their "you have a better chance of winning a major prize..." or whatever the lying line is.... change it to "Signal flags, but not as many".... truth in advertising.... right?

• Angry 1

[HINON]
Supertester
19,195 posts
12,716 battles

Wow, such entitlement. WG is 'shafting you', because your free stuff isn't as good as you would like?

As for your actual question, the drop rate for SCs seems to be about 1/100. Note though that this doesn't mean you're guaranteed one out of every 100 crates opened.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[FACT]
Members
523 posts
5,850 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

Wow, such entitlement. WG is 'shafting you', because your free stuff isn't as good as you would like?

As for your actual question, the drop rate for SCs seems to be about 1/100. Note though that this doesn't mean you're guaranteed one out of every 100 crates opened.

I pretty much open Flags/signals and camo 99% of time. Had along drought of SC then got two in five collections. Seems pretty random, but would agree around 1/100+.

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,307 posts
6,587 battles

I am Monitoring how often I get SCs, and my Chance is at around 3% when using TYL. Now of course my sample size is small, but I continue collecting data.

As for the Content, I can certainly use flags or camo. gamescom camo means I can farm more Credits, Detonation flags are needed for Clan Battles, the list goes on. Twice I got doubloons, also nice, and a month of Premium. No ship yet, but still hoping.

So I don't get how you are being shafted, just because not every second SC carries a Premium ship for you.

[HINON]
Members
9,013 posts

I've had 2 sc in the past week. One had 50k free xp and the other 1k doubloons. 

[CUTER]
Members
699 posts
18,993 battles

I didn't get the FREE stuff I wanted.  *Throws a temper tantrum*

Seriously...

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
793 posts
2,818 battles

I suggest they remove all containers since people dont like getting free stuff and should just make it pay2win and charge 200 gold per container. 

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,479 posts
4,069 battles

How about conducting your own research? Start logging all your containers, and you’ll have 100 by about 30 days at three containers per day, or by 50 days at your current two containers per day. Make sure to select the Luck option for extra chance.

[1RD]
Members
551 posts
8 hours ago, collisionSpace said:

How did they shaft you? 

That is between me and them for the time being... we are, as they say,... "in discussions"... apparently... according to them... compensation of dubloons is "impossible"... even though they agree I deserve something... but from them, so far, its only been "sympathy" for the situation I'm in. I keep asking why compensation in dubloons is impossible... its not....

HOWEVER... getting back to the topic at hand... I wonder if they read this thread, just now, I won 750 XP ... its not much, but I suppose its something.

Their explanation that "you have a higher chance of winning a super container" is simply wrong.... higher chance????.... compared to what? The lottery?

Members
751 posts
6,896 battles
13 hours ago, kiwi1960 said:

Their explanation that "you have a higher chance of winning a super container" is simply wrong.... higher chance????.... compared to what? The lottery?

Compared to the three other options you can choose. For me the drop rate from the Try Your Luck container is about 3%. I'd guess that for the other options it's close to 1%. No doubt someone on the forums has amassed enough data to give an accurate number.

[1RD]
Members
551 posts

Well, I'm happy to say I won a super container at long last a few nights ago. I was so happy spending the XP that I completely forgot to make a note of how much it was.

Either 15,000 or 50,000 ...

But I'd still like to know the odds, mainly because of what it says on that option; "You have a higher chance of winning a super container".... or words to that effect, but.... higher chance compared to what? Not going for that option? The wording is ambiguous if not misleading. Out of all the times I've tried, I suspect the odds, the real odds, are less than 1 percent that you will win a major prize.

Now, I'm arguing a new thing here... maybe they should lower the odds so people win more often... when I won that XP, I spent a bit of my money to buy a few new port slots. If WoWs is needing money (based on all their sales, etc) then doing this might actually help!

Anyhow, those are my thoughts on it, I cannot say I never win, not now... but the chance of winning anything again is slim... till it actually happens. I suspect a lot of people have given up, they go to 2000, get a container and stop... I always go to 12000 .... admittedly, mostly in Co-Op battles for the training... to test out and figure out new ships... I know I could earn more in random battles but not if I get sunk with no hits because I don't know the ship.... and yes, IMHO, they all have their own little ways... ways to play then and NOT play them.

Edited by kiwi1960

[LF]
Members
114 posts

Being in a clan (didn't it use to be called a team) has its advantages beyond just the rewards or discounts from the "naval base". I learn a lot from my fellow clan members. One of the things I found out from a senior member was that the sc drop rate from the TYL option was about 1 in 35ish. Hmmm ... I think that is darn close to 3%! I quit using it and went back to using the flag/camo option and lately the consumables option.

Another advantage to being in a clan, they tell me when I am doing things that are less than effective (some would say ... stupid). They suggested that I use manual control of the secondaries when in a close quarters battle. I have always just let the secondaries fire on auto. Now I find out that the secondaries have a significant dispersion reduction when you use the manual control.

They also let the clan know about contests and code giveaways. Most of the time I wouldn't know about that until too late or could have used it earlier. I try to read the forum but often am a little behind in doing so. Good to have friends to help you out!

• Cool 1