You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Taichunger

Yes, the weekends are bad

29 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
8,588 posts
25,732 battles

The duration of my last 20 games yesterday and today. Divved with clan mates for all, we went 16-4. To put these numbers in perspective, game average time is about 13 mins. Just three had a CV. 5 games under 10 mins. Ridiculous. It is why i am playing Hermes and Coop...

6:47
11:17
13:04
9:19
12:24
15:33
11:53
9:18
11:27
11:57
12:19
11:42
10:32
7:41
12:39
9:12
16:22
6:22
11:31
15:12

Beta Testers
604 posts
3,328 battles

aww only 5? you making it like thats a huge deal out of 20 games. guy that is 25%. cry when its over 50%

(1) will never happen

(2) will never happen

(3) needed 100% agree

(4)there is at the bottom. and a div thing pops up in the middle of the screen

[INTEL]
Members
8,588 posts
25,732 battles

Sorry, I didn't realize there was some legal limit for expression of exasperation at the short duration of games....

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
604 posts
3,328 battles
2 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Sorry, I didn't realize there was some legal limit for expression of exasperation at the short duration of games....

you are complianing about 5 games out of 20 bud. thats nothing. I am sorry but not everyone will agree with you. Your sample size is too small for anyone to really think you are correct here.

[INTEL]
Members
8,588 posts
25,732 battles

Haha. Wow did you miss the point. Most of the games are too short. Not just the cluster I singled out. Avg for all games is over 13 mins.

Reading is OP...

Edited by Taichunger

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,745 posts
3,490 battles

I agree with you Taich.

The teams were incredibly brutal this weekend, and there were too many games over at a breakneck pace because your good players started the snow ball at the start, or you got curb stomped with nothing you could do to save you little lemmings.

With stat viewer turned on it was pretty incredible. There were multiple times you'd see a 45% ovr team vs a 48% win rate team. Or you'd see a 53% team vs a 43% team.

I think the biggest reasons I normally don't run it os because it's frankly depressing to see stuff like:

Tirpitz- 111 games - 38% - 28k average damage.

Benson - 276 games - 39% - 3k average damage.

Colorado - 534 games - 27% - 17k average damage.

You think that would be an outlier, but it's really not. It honestly mystifies me that people can be that bad. I just don't see how it could be fun.

[TMS]
Members
1,741 posts
22,088 battles
13 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

I agree with you Taich.

The teams were incredibly brutal this weekend, and there were too many games over at a breakneck pace because your good players started the snow ball at the start, or you got curb stomped with nothing you could do to save you little lemmings.

With stat viewer turned on it was pretty incredible. There were multiple times you'd see a 45% ovr team vs a 48% win rate team. Or you'd see a 53% team vs a 43% team.

I think the biggest reasons I normally don't run it os because it's frankly depressing to see stuff like:

You think that would be an outlier, but it's really not. It honestly mystifies me that people can be that bad. I just don't see how it could be fun.

Try to look at it after the Battle and not before, but if there are CVs in the Battle i look at it right away.

If i see someone who looks like they are going to derp i will take a quick look, if i see someone who died early and is running there mouth off at the rest of the team i will take a quick look.

Yep there are a lot of really bad players and its getting worse, but it is what it is, if they are having fun then so be it but don't start telling me what to do that gets up my nose, a 10000 battle 42% telling me how to play and saying he is always put on the losing team

Edited by Final8ty
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[4HIM]
Members
1,813 posts
4,127 battles
15 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

And I thought I was bad in the Kirov........ Compared to those, not so much.

Though I am terrible with the Dunkin Donut.

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

I don't see why quick battles are a bad thing.

• Cool 1

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,745 posts
3,490 battles
20 minutes ago, Final8ty said:

Try to look at it after the Battle and not before, but if there are CVs in the Battle i look at it right away.

If i see someone who looks like they are going to derp i will take a quick look, if i see someone who died early and is running there mouth off at the rest of the team i will take a quick look.

Yep there are a lot of really bad players and its getting worse, but it is what it is, if they are having fun then so be it but don't start telling me what to do that gets up my nose, a 10000 battle 42% telling me how to play and saying he is always put on the losing team

We had a guy with a 29% winrate in his Tirpitz complaining about how he was on a 7 game losing streak, and Adidas had just lectured me a game before about not being rude, and being positive. Because well, if you start negative you already have defeated yourself before the battle begins.

So I didn't say anything, but man if you're losing that much in a row, take a break, and after a few minutes review each battle in your head or replay and figure out what you can do better. Go on the forums and ask how to play that ship, and say how you have her setup and play her. I do this, and I have a 62% WR. I get made fun of for being a shitter when I ask questions sometimes. That hurts, but I also know that I eventually will make everyone who pulls that crap eat their words.

• Cool 1

[TMS]
Members
1,741 posts
22,088 battles
15 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

We had a guy with a 29% winrate in his Tirpitz complaining about how he was on a 7 game losing streak, and Adidas had just lectured me a game before about not being rude, and being positive. Because well, if you start negative you already have defeated yourself before the battle begins.

So I didn't say anything, but man if you're losing that much in a row, take a break, and after a few minutes review each battle in your head or replay and figure out what you can do better. Go on the forums and ask how to play that ship, and say how you have her setup and play her. I do this, and I have a 62% WR. I get made fun of for being a shitter when I ask questions sometimes. That hurts, but I also know that I eventually will make everyone who pulls that crap eat their words.

I'm getting Better but clearly there is  huge room for improvement, Im always thinking of what i could of done better and try it out, sometimes it works out and sometimes it's worse, but if every loss is always the others fault then there is no need to try to get better because i'm the best already a loss is everyone else fault, ignore my stats, stats means nothing, im the best i tell you, i just keep getting put on the losing team.

Jokes aside i know that some ships i play don't help with carrying like the shima and mainly playing T10 but it's enough to keep me at 52%.

I went T6 over the weekend for the french campagnes.

Edited by Final8ty

[R-F1]
Beta Testers
1,868 posts
6,892 battles
3 hours ago, Battleship_Constitution said:

aww only 5? you making it like thats a huge deal out of 20 games. guy that is 25%. cry when its over 50%

(1) will never happen

(2) will never happen

(3) needed 100% agree

(4)there is at the bottom. and a div thing pops up in the middle of the screen

Really?  What is this a competition?  Ok, you got it worse... Feel better now?

How about we focus on what matters; even one crapgame is too many.  

[NSC]
[NSC]
Members
202 posts
3,998 battles
23 minutes ago, Shadeylark said:

even one crapgame is too many.  

Then you are gaming in the wrong place. They are gonna happen invariably.

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,745 posts
3,490 battles
1 hour ago, Elegant_Winter said:

Because the game feels better when it ends with 90% of a team sunk. Crushing them so fast 50% of the losing team is still alive isn't too fun action wise.

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
11 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

Because the game feels better when it ends with 90% of a team sunk. Crushing them so fast 50% of the losing team is still alive isn't too fun action wise.

It at least means someone's moving forward somewhere. It may be a somewhat foolish movement but still that's better that a static match. That's mainly what I mean.

The satisfying matches you're talking about are going to happen sometimes one way or another. If most matches were like that I would only play 4-5 a day max since they would be relatively exhausting.

[TMS]
Members
1,741 posts
22,088 battles

Never Give Up Never Surrender.

Started today with 2 losses in a row but im on the right track.

unknown.png

Clipboarder.2018.03.05-005.png

Clipboarder.2018.03.05-006.png

Members
18,271 posts
5,224 battles
28 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

So do away with points lost for sunk ships?

[-BRS-]
Members
1,640 posts
13,617 battles

I guess it's still random for a lot of us

I had many games that went 20 minute

Some really great games

Members
1,868 posts
8,968 battles
4 hours ago, Taichunger said:

Haha. Wow did you miss the point. Most of the games are too short. Not just the cluster I singled out. Avg for all games is over 13 mins.

Reading is OP...

You actually understated the problem. A lot of games are decided 60 seconds after first contact.

Members
1,697 posts
7,233 battles

Weekends are always fun.  I don’t log my stats, but looking at site that does I lost 2 games out of 11 randoms games I played yesterday with over 90k average damage.  I remember having fun.

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
3 hours ago, Elegant_Winter said:

Play a DD and try and do some damage.

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,897 posts
10,471 battles

My weekend went wonderfully

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
1 hour ago, Canadatron said:

Play a DD and try and do some damage.

See, your obsession with damage is the problem. Spot, cap, deny the enemy important areas..

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
Just now, Elegant_Winter said:

See, your obsession with damage is the problem. Spot, cap, deny the enemy important areas..

I'm obsessed with damage? You know me so well! If I was "obsessed with damage" I wouldn't be playing Destroyer.

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
1 hour ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

You actually understated the problem. A lot of games are decided 60 seconds after first contact.

What do you think about reducing team size and implementing SBMM?