You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JackG79

Wargaming "Game Center" looks zoomed in

15 comments in this topic

Members
91 posts
1,745 battles

Went to play WOWS...    Clicked on the icon automatically the game center opens, and I usally click "Play" but for some reason the "Game Center" looks zoomed in, and I can't even seen half/3/4's of the content.  No visible play button or anything useful, let alone most of the prem. shop ad's. 

Is there a way to zoom OUT of the game center, so that you can see the whole thing. I have no idea how it got like this. I've shut down and restarted, and no fix.   Sorry if this sounds confusing....  i feel like the old "Shift Mouswheel" zoom should work on it, but no dice.   

Anyone else have this issue? 

Now I have no way to click on "Play" and go play the game. 

• Funny 1

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,834 battles

Get rid of the stupid game centre. Im glad I never used the damn useless thing.

Members
91 posts
1,745 battles
3 minutes ago, Crusin_Custard said:

Get rid of the stupid game centre. Im glad I never used the damn useless thing.

Deleted game center, clicked on the "World of Warships" game icon.. Pop up...  "Wargaming Game Center is now required"  so now I have to reinstall that POS. 

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,834 battles
1 minute ago, JackG79 said:

Deleted game center, clicked on the "World of Warships" game icon.. Pop up...  "Wargaming Game Center is now required"  so now I have to reinstall that POS. 

Now that is stupid. I feel for ya bud. 

Members
91 posts
1,745 battles
Just now, Crusin_Custard said:

Now that is stupid. I feel for ya bud. 

I fixed it. I deleted the old WOWS Icon which apparently linked THROUGH the game Center.   Then i went into the "F:games/wargmaing/Worldofwaships" folder, and created a shortcut linked to the "Worldofwarships.exe" folder, and put that on my desktop.   Screw that game center.  I hate that POS. 

• Cool 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,050 posts
1 minute ago, JackG79 said:

I fixed it. I deleted the old WOWS Icon which apparently linked THROUGH the game Center.   Then i went into the "F:games/wargmaing/Worldofwaships" folder, and created a shortcut linked to the "Worldofwarships.exe" folder, and put that on my desktop.   Screw that game center.  I hate that POS. 

Hmmm:cap_book:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[NBGC]
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles
5 minutes ago, JackG79 said:

Good on you, getting rid of that cancerous tumor.

Unfortunately, the game has a bad habit of developing horrible bugs and issues with framerate/ping/etc., sometimes necessitating a reinstall of WoWS and, in some cases, a complete reset to a system restore point from before installing the Game Center. This happened to my clan XO, when it almost completely screwed up his entire gaming PC.

Seriously WG, there is no excuse for unleashing such an unmitigated disaster upon your customer base.

[PSP]
Members
6,309 posts
8,935 battles

I run C:\Games\World_of_Warships\WorldOfWarships.exe directly. The only reason to run the launcher is if you want to access the functions it specifically has, like the file integrity checker or update settings.

Edited by Snargfargle

Members
91 posts
1,745 battles
55 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I run C:\Games\World_of_Warships\WorldOfWarships.exe directly. The only reason to run the launcher is if you want to access the functions it specifically has, like the file integrity checker or update settings.

I was running the game center, because it does the downloads and installs the updates the night before they are released to the public. That way come setver up time, i don't have to go through all the download and installs, they are already there, and ready to go.    But after the trouble ive ran into with it, I don't think i'll bother with it anymore.   Wargaming is slowly but surely doing their DAMNEST to get rid of me as a customer... i have no clue why!?!  Im not a great player, but I am a collector, so I spend a MINT on prem. vehicles bettween World of Tanks where I have like 63 prem vehicles.  World Of Airplanes, 10, and world of warships. 5.  Youd think they would care more about keeping their golden geese from getting bugs and stuff. LoL 

Members
91 posts
1,745 battles

Ill tell ya what.. ive never had ISSUE NUMERO UNO with being able to pay for a prem. vehicle. LoL  They can take my money right up there with the best of um!!!!

Members
91 posts
1,745 battles
3 hours ago, _GreyBeard_ said:

Or you could use the old installer that doesn't use WGC,

WoWS_internet_install_na.zip

Thank you Sir! I didn't even know about this.  Only been playing Since Feb 2nd.  Much appreciated. 

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
534 posts
8,578 battles

You're quite welcome.

I have it saved in several places just in case.

P.S. if you ever decide to install WoWP all bets are off as unless they have changed things, WGC is required/mandatory for it.

Members
91 posts
1,745 battles
On 3/5/2018 at 7:20 PM, _GreyBeard_ said:

P.S. if you ever decide to install WoWP all bets are off as unless they have changed things, WGC is required/mandatory for it.

That is where my issues are coming from then.   I have World of Tanks,  World of Warships,  and World of Warplanes, as well as WOT's Blitz all installed on this PC. 

Members
3,471 posts
6,183 battles
On 3/5/2018 at 7:20 PM, _GreyBeard_ said:

I have the WoWs that 'requires' WGC and just use the exe for WoWs directly with no issues - not even a need to fire up WGC except to patch.