You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Texas_Vet

Client Crash and I team killed myself?

5 comments in this topic

[B_O_W]
Members
247 posts
5,481 battles

Well, I am playing for a while from South Korea to the NA servers.  Visiting family there.  Anyway, I was able to find time to get on and play a few matches, when the lag got bad, kicked me out, forced me to log back on, and guess what!  I team killed myself while the lag crashed my client and earned Team Killer!

Really?  Yes, I logged a ticked with Support.  Sorry, but this is rather bogus.  I understand when a DD does something stupid and charges in front, avoiding team chat and gets killed, but I killed myself?  In a Aoba?  Really?

[HINON]
Members
9,029 posts

Did you launch torps at some point or set an ally on fire? Basically you did reflected dmg to yourself after damaging your teammates. Perhaps a ship scraped against you for a long time. Only way to know would be to see the replay.

[PVE]
Members
5,620 posts
18,209 battles

Yeah Rip is right, probably reflected damage. I think only a carrier can actually kill themselves honestly. The way you normally would find out what happened is if you look at the post battle results under "Details" and it will tell you who you damaged. However with a crash, you have to get back into the game before the match ends to see that information, otherwise it tells you it is unavailable. If you set an ally on fire or hit them with torps and they burned down or flooded out, that damage is reflected back to you and you will not only die, you will turn pink and it shows you killed yourself. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,407 posts
9,562 battles

Problem is that when you get disconnected, you don't get a replay.

When your game errors at the end of the battle -- no replay.

I wanted to turn someone in for being an obvious lag spike user..  replay file was corrupted because the server dropped my connection at the end.

(I saved a few screen captures, though)

Edited by AVR_Project

[B_O_W]
Members
247 posts
5,481 battles

All it said that I earned teamkiller status by killing myself.  Had about 50% health.  But how does an Aoba kill itself in open ocean?  Support said tough luck (my interpenetration, but they were respectful)  I will deal with this.....