You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
I_Am_Taras_Bulba

Best Battleship in Each Tier

40 comments in this topic

[12-AF]
Members
25 posts
2,674 battles

Am curious on what battleship (all nations) would be the best in each tier, including Premium as well?

[SALVO]
Members
17,109 posts
17,770 battles
20 minutes ago, LancerUlysses said:

Mikasa is best at Ter 2.

Good one.  A very wide selection to choose from.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
8,285 posts
17,340 battles
40 minutes ago, LancerUlysses said:

Mikasa is best at Ter 2.

21 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Good one.  A very wide selection to choose from.

Don’t laugh. Even if just playing it as a Co-op Queen; the only things a well-driven Mikasa has to worry about are those with torpedoes.

[SALVO]
Members
17,109 posts
17,770 battles
22 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Don’t laugh. Even if just playing it as a Co-op Queen; the only things a well-driven Mikasa has to worry about are those with torpedoes.

I haven't played my Mikasa in quite a while, but I agree.  Heck, even in tier 3 battles facing tier 3 bot BBs, the Mikasa can really dish it out.

Members
626 posts
1,630 battles

Did a thread like this awhile ago, polls and all but new ships kept coming so over time too much became unaccounted for. The best ship at almost every tier if not every tier is a premium so honestly premium and tech tree should be counted differently. Think some tech tree's are better than premium's but usually a premium is the best at a tier. Going to list the best overall ship which is usually a premium, and then the best tree. Going to make a bubble for context why I think a certain thing. I know it makes the list look unappealing but I think the stuff I put in the bubbles is important for context. 

Honestly this page should give you a pretty good idea. 

https://na.wows-numbers.com/ships/tree/type,battleship/

Anyway I think it's something like this based on my experience, what I read people say about ships I haven't played and the stats

T2-Mikasa(Premium)

T3-Konig Albert(Premium), Nassau/Bellerophon(best among tech tree ships, stats are pretty close, and when I did a poll the vote was also pretty close, I will say I used to think Nassau and changed my mind to Bellerophon as I played more in the higher tiers, think the German line is more noob friendly and newer players are more likely to pick Nassau here because if you're a new player some of Nassau's weaknesses like range don't seem as glaring as to an experienced player who's more likely to feel handicapped at 11km)

T4-Imperator Nikolai I(Premium), Orion(best among tech tree ships, IMO the most OP tech tree ship in WOWS)

T5-Gulio Cesare(Premium), Gangut(used to be the best ship at the tier until Cesare came out)

Konig/Kongo(Konig's clearly got the better stats, but based on the poll I did Kongo won in a landslide, it's possible the ship suffers for having less guns even if they are more powerful? I'd pick Konig but I think these are the top two here)

T6-Arizona/Dunkerque/Mutsu(Premium, apologies for the long explanation, this is weird cause history wise both Mutsu and Dunkerque belong at T7 and their stats are really similar, but Arizona won the poll I did by ALOT and also has the best stats so I guess it wins, always found the Arizona's performance to be bizzare, all three ships here are really OP I would not pick Arizona, haven't played one better than Warspite who's clearly fourth here, so I dunno)

Fuso/Bayern(Fuso's got slightly better stats but it's close, have never played it)

T7-Nelson(Premium, every premium at this tier as OP but everyitme I've heard people discuss it consensus clearly says Nelson's best and the stats really clearly support this, Scharnhorst gets a mention because it won the poll I did by ALOT more than any other category but the stats and reading threads on this topic seem to seriously contradict this, honestly think Hood, KGV and DOY are all better than Scharnhorst, but yeah this is the best premium tier IMO)

KGV(best among tech tree ships, think it could just be second best period)

T8-Roma(Premium, has a good reputation and the best stats), Richelieu(best of the tech tree ships, it just came out and it's stats are inflated but I think this will stay on top, might be better than all the premiums, Roma hasn't been around all that much longer and Richelieu's more or less running even with it, have also played the ship and it's much better than Tirpitz IMO)

T9-Mushashi(Premium, it's basically a Yamato plopped in T9, and it has better stats than all the T10's except Conqueror because it's given easier MM than Yamato, is the most clearly mistiered ship in the game), Missouri(used to be the best T9 Premium, in the poll I did with both T9/T10, it came in third, but Mushashi is better)Lion/Alsace(Lion's a Conqueror sister ship and had the best numbers by far before the French BB's came out, Alsace's numbers are inflated because it's brand new but they are so high that there's a decent chance it's just the best ship regardless, as it's basically doing as well as the Mushashi which should be impressive for reasons I just stated, time will likely answer this question for us)

T10-Conqueror(best BB in the game no questions asked IMO both based on stats and anecdotal opinions, Yamato used to be the best and Mushashi at T9 has the second best stats in the game because it's A new and B a Yamato with access to T7 tribute, disclaimer for Republique because it does have the best stats right now but it came out several days ago, it's supposed to have the best numbers unlike Alsace or Richelieu not really stunned by it's numbers)

• Cool 3

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,050 posts
1 hour ago, I_Am_Taras_Bulba said:

Am curious on what battleship (all nations) would be the best in each tier, including Premium as well?

My favorite  BB's (and I admit no exp with any other high tier nation so far)  Are Missouri and No.Carolina  from what I've seen read and heard I'm willing to put Yamato right up there close to Old Miss on a provisional basis   IE until I get a chance to check her out,   Mind my preference is still for light cruisers but heavy cruiser VS  BB  I'll take the BB:cap_rambo: 

Edited by shadowsrmine

Members
626 posts
1,630 battles

Okay sorry for going on rants for a few of them but I feel context is important so here's just a list with no explanations. Here's my picks no explanations except who used to be best when there were less lines. First there was US and Japan, then Germany got added, then UK, now France, so the timeline I'm doing reflects how what the best ship is had changed. 

T2-Mikasa(Premium)

T3-Konig Albert(Premium)

Bellerophon(champ), Nassau(ex champ), South Carolina(ex ex champ)

T4-Nikolai I(Premium)

Orion(champ), Kaiser(ex champ), Wyoming(ex ex champ)

T5-Caesare(Premium), Gangut(ex Premium champ)

Konig(champ), Kongo(exish champ)

T6-Arizona(Premium)

Fuso/Bayern( co champs), Fuso(ex champ)

T7-Nelson(premium)

KGV(champ), Gneisenau(ex champ), Nagato(ex ex champ)

T8-Roma(premium), Alabama( ex premium champ)

Richelieu(brand new champ), North Carolina/Bismarck(ex co champs), North Carolina(ex ex champ)

T9-Mushashi(premium), Missouri(ex premium champ)

Alsace(maybe brand new champ), Lion(champish), Iowa(ex champ)

T10-Conqueror(champ), Yamato(ex champ)

So here's how the game has evolved. Think this is interesting, gave each nation points for winning a certain tier based on importance. Gave the ties to the best numbers with one or two exceptions where I really don't believe the numbers for various reasons(T8)

When it was two lines

Japan 4(5,6,7,10)-USA 4(3,4,8,9)-Japan 28, USA 24

When it was three lines

Germany 5 (3,4,5,7,8)-Japan 2(6,10), USA 1(9) Germany 37, Japan 16, USA 9

When it was four lines

UK 5(3,4,7,9,10)-Germany 2(5,8)-Japan 1(6) UK 33, Germany 13, Japan 6

Now(being generous to the French)

UK 4(3,4,7,10)-France 2(8,9)-Japan 1(6)-Germany 1(5) UK 24, France 17, Japan 6, Germany 5

• Cool 2

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,563 posts
3,539 battles

Problem it's all opinion and everyone has a different opinion. Basically what ever ship is best is the ship you play best

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,050 posts
27 minutes ago, Psycodiver said:

Problem it's all opinion and everyone has a different opinion. Basically what ever ship is best is the ship you play best

Yup :Smile_great:I  Agree  and this brings up a point I have made a number of times there are no OP  Ships only  OP  Players   in many maybe even most player's hand's  a  Kutuzov,Belfast,Atlanta,Kidd,Missouri  would only be a Nice maybe even a good ship,   However in a Power Gamer's/Player's hand's they become awesome,   Which is why just like in some sport's Golf come's to mind they give the Really Really  Good Golfer's a handycap not saying one should be emplaced in this or any other game however..................................I am tired of people saying this is too OP or that is:Smile_sceptic::Smile_facepalm:

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,050 posts
1 hour ago, shadowsrmine said:

Yup :Smile_great:I  Agree  and this brings up a point I have made a number of times there are no OP  Ships only  OP  Players   in many maybe even most player's hand's  a  Kutuzov,Belfast,Atlanta,Kidd,Missouri  would only be a Nice maybe even a good ship,   However in a Power Gamer's/Player's hand's they become awesome,   Which is why just like in some sport's Golf come's to mind they give the Really Ren ally  Good Golfer's a handycap not saying one should be emplaced in this or any other game however..................................I am tired of people saying this is too OP or that is:Smile_sceptic::Smile_facepalm:

A case in point I happen to be a ham fisted(clumsy,extremely near sighted,fumble fingered  IE  I quite often go to press one button and press two instead)  The other day went to press the button to enhance speed on my Aigle and pressed it and smoke as well :Smile_sceptic::Smile_ohmy::Smile_facepalm:  that doesn't mean eventually I won't eventually become better or even fairly good it does mean I will never be one of the OP Power Players unlike a Clan mate who is,   And again I am not saying these players should handy capped like they do in Golf. (unless they received enhanced rewards via the system already in place in exchange for accepting said handy cap)  I am saying it's time to stop saying this ship or that one is too good or OP.   Proof that this is the case is how many of these ships are still here and not ruling gameplay even now,   In fact I bad or mediocre player that I am have deleted a Kutuzov and Belfast a time or two:Smile_izmena::cap_rambo:  what do you think of this scenario?   @Crucis 

Edited by shadowsrmine

[BLUMR]
Members
2,049 posts
7,233 battles

Tier two-Mikasa

Tier Three - Premium konig albert

tech tree Bellerophron 

Tier four - prem=Nikolai

Tech tree= orion

Tier Five - prem= Giulio Cesare

Tech Tree= Konig/Kongo

Tier Six -  Premium Mutsu

Tech tree= Fuso

Tier Seven - Premium Scharnhorst/Nelson

Tech Tree=Lyon/KGV

Tier 8 - prem=Tirpitz

Tech tree= amagi/NC

tier 9 - prem= Missouri

Tech tree=Alsace/Iowa

Tier 10 Conq/Montana

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
17,109 posts
17,770 battles
20 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

A case in point I happen to be a ham fisted(clumsy,extremely near sighted,fumble fingered  IE  I quite often go to press one button and press two instead)  The other day went to press the button to enhance speed on my Aigle and pressed it and smoke as well :Smile_sceptic::Smile_ohmy::Smile_facepalm:  that doesn't mean eventually I won't eventually become better or even fairly good it does mean I will never be one of the OP Power Players unlike a Clan mate who is,   And again I am not saying these players should handy capped like they do in Golf. (unless they received enhanced rewards via the system already in place in exchange for accepting said handy cap)  I am saying it's time to stop saying this ship or that one is too good or OP.   Proof that this is the case is how many of these ships are still here and not ruling gameplay even now,   In fact I bad or mediocre player that I am have deleted a Kutuzov and Belfast a time or two:Smile_izmena::cap_rambo:  what do you think of this scenario?   @Crucis 

Not sure why I got dragged into this.

1.  The word is "handicap".  As a (former) golfer, I'm familiar with handicaps.  :Smile_great:   Mine was my golf game.

2. I think that there are some OP ships.  But just because a ship is OP doesn't mean that a bad player or a decent player playing poorly can't underperform and get himself deleted.  Crap happens.

3.  I've fat-fingered a couple of keys or sometimes the wrong key before.  Again, crap happens.  Sometimes I try to type in a chat message, and don't hit the ENTER key firmly enough to register (and get into chat mode).  And then I end up activating smoke when I didn't mean to do so, etc.  And yet again, crap happens.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,050 posts

My point was and is there needs to be a way to get these ship's back into play for everyone Not just the lucky few,   And if their so OP  let the good player's have a handicap in exchange for special rewards this would benefit everyone the Power Gamer's,The Meh or noob player's and   WG as well

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,050 posts
39 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Not sure why I got dragged into this.

1.  The word is "handicap".  As a (former) golfer, I'm familiar with handicaps.  :Smile_great:   Mine was my golf game.

2. I think that there are some OP ships.  But just because a ship is OP doesn't mean that a bad player or a decent player playing poorly can't underperform and get himself deleted.  Crap happens.

3.  I've fat-fingered a couple of keys or sometimes the wrong key before.  Again, crap happens.  Sometimes I try to type in a chat message, and don't hit the ENTER key firmly enough to register (and get into chat mode).  And then I end up activating smoke when I didn't mean to do so, etc.  And yet again, crap happens.

You were the primary person posting to me you didn't like want special ship's being given out  natch:Smile_great::Smile_medal::Smile_glasses:

25 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

My point was and is there needs to be a way to get these ship's back into play for everyone Not just the lucky few,   And if their so OP  let the good player's have a handicap in exchange for special rewards this would benefit everyone the Power Gamer's,The Meh or noob player's and   WG as well

And as a suggestion for the rewards for the handicapped  Power Gamer's  how about the system we have now flags,signals,camo's,doubloons  just more of them instead of special reward ships

Edited by shadowsrmine

[SALVO]
Members
17,109 posts
17,770 battles
2 hours ago, shadowsrmine said:

You were the primary person posting to me you didn't like want special ship's being given out  natch:Smile_great::Smile_medal::Smile_glasses:

And as a suggestion for the rewards for the handicapped  Power Gamer's  how about the system we have now flags,signals,camo's,doubloons  just more of them instead of special reward ships

1.  Ah, ok.  No prob.

2. Like I said in the posts about special reward ships, I don't mind WG giving out reward ships as long  as they're not permanently exclusive.  Short term temporary exclusivity on a new premium ship is fine by me.  Something like 3 months.  Signals, camos, and doubloons are also fine.  I'd probably suggest the "epic" grade camos and signal flags, i.e. the ones with very high bonuses that aren't easy to come by and usually can't be bought in the premium shop.  Also, I know that some people aren't into flags and camos.  OTOH, I have a hard time thinking that many power gamers don't use things that might give them a tiny edge.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,050 posts

Yeah well I haven't  seen the Kutuzov's and Belfast's  that are still in the game beating all and sundry and yes I see them all the time even now even sank a few and I've only been playing a few month's,  So yes I'd like to get em back in game for everyone

Edited by shadowsrmine

[SIDE]
Members
1,262 posts
8,868 battles
On 3/5/2018 at 1:46 AM, Crucis said:

I haven't played my Mikasa in quite a while, but I agree.  Heck, even in tier 3 battles facing tier 3 bot BBs, the Mikasa can really dish it out.

I hope you are kidding. Any cruiser worth a damn can kite a Mikasa to death. I kited 3 of them, killed 2 until the 3rd one got wise, ran for the cap and help from team-mates, finally sinking me. It's a POS...

1,542 posts
26 battles

Lots of good choices in the German line- Konig, Tirpitz, Scharnhorst

But Hood, Dunkerque, DOY, or Lyon are ones I personally enjoy 

[AXANR]
Members
3,370 posts
16,677 battles
On 3/5/2018 at 1:24 AM, I_Am_Taras_Bulba said:

It really depends on your playstyle, as there is a lot of differentiation: It's impossible to say 'this is best' when one player might love it and another might hate it. There are BBs with very good overall win rates that I can't make work for my playstyle; there are BBs with terrible overall win rates that I excel in. This is true for most players. 

I prefer to brawl; I'm in my element mixing it up at mid-close range. But I also, after 12k games, read a minimap and game flow well and so I like the speed and to a lesser extent stealth to flex around the map to add influence where needed for a battle. So, that being said, my favorites:

T3: Bellerophon/Konig Albert (tie) (note: Konig Albert was a premium and is no longer sold as it was too OP. Only available rarely from a special prize or container.

T4: Orion. Hands down the best t4. Very balanced, can fill literally any role. Kaiser is a *slightly* better* brawler but Orion can brawl almost as well and is far more versatile. 

T5: Konig. Wicked brawler, slightly undersized guns but you can succeed well with occasional use of HE when bottom tier facing angled BBs. Bretagne is a close second; she handles like a stuck pig but has amazing guns that hit hard. 

T6: Queen Elizabeth. Tanky, can brawl or hit from distance. Handling isnt great but the faster t6 ships all have glaring weaknesses I cant make work for me. New Mexico is a close second; I hate slow BBs but at t6 the two slowest BBs happen to be the ones I can make work for me. 

T7: Tier 7 is a great tier for BBs, and I have to admit it's damn near a 3-way tie for 'best' for me. Gneisenau is an excellent brawler. Speed,, torps, maneuverability, tankiness, and secondaries good enough to make up for her lack of main battery power. She's the worst BB in the game to fight with at mid to long range, but she's amazing when you can get right up in an opponent's face and are good enough to handle yourself at knife range. King George V is more a mid-range fighter; far worse AA and secondaries than Gneisenau but can use HE and AP with equal aplomb and has almost double the main gun throw weight even with slightly smaller guns. She's also far more accurate than Gneis at any distance outside knife range. Honorable mention goes to Lyon, which is definitely a step behind those two but a 16-gun salvo downrange never gets old, even if it tempts me to show more broadside than is safe. 

T8: North Carolina / Bismarck (tie:) Richelieu might just take the top spot eventually; the more I play her the more I like her. But for now, a tie between Bismarck and North Carolina. Much like Gneisenau, Bismarck can mix it up at knife range, although given the meta, Bissy's longer-ranged secondaries and lower maneuverability, and lack of torps I tend to aim for a 6-9km ideal engagement range as opposed to the knife-range engagements I go for with Gneis. She's at least moderately more adept at mid range but her dispersion is still bad enough that you really want to be inside 10km when you can. North Carolina is a mid-range fighter; her sides are so weak that brawling happens only when you can secure your flanks and bow-tank or angle. I.e. to brawl successfully you really need to isolate your target where no one can get on your flank. Her AA is god-mode, but her secondaries are terrible. She's very accurate in the 11-14km range bracket and thats my ideal engagement for the early and mid game; late-game I will play her as a lancer and close to brawl if I can isolate my foe. North Carolina also has excellent stealth, which allows you to go dark to heal or reposition when needed. 

T9:  Missouri / Alsace (tie): Friedrich is a close runner-up here. Everything I said about Bismarck applies to Friedrich. Missouri...everything I said about North Carolina applies to her, only with even better guns. I do tend to play a tad more aggressive with Missouri than NorCar, only because her radar has a 9.5ish km range and it's useless to the team if I'm not close enough to use it. Nothing's more fun than radaring a Brit CL in smoke and deleting him three seconds later. And Alsace...Alsace is love, life, and happiness. She's my new favorite tier 9 BB. She's wicked fast, has 12 undersized but accurate main guns (dispersion gets wonky near max range but from 11-13 km in they're deadly) and her secondaries will merrily light fires and add damage. She has terrible stealth but great speed to flex around the map, and she has low hp but if angled correctly can be very survivable. I dont straight up brawl with her as much as I do German BBs, but I do play her as a lancer; charge in, then use speed to whip around and kite, staying near max range of secondaries and angled away from the enemy while lighting them up with 12-gun salvoes every 25 seconds or so. 

T10: Conqueror. She can brawl better than she gets credit for; 12 HE rounds will wipe DDs off the map, punish cruisers and rip 15-20k off even perfectly angled BBs, but her often overlooked AP will straight up delete things with a quickness when you get a broadside shot. She's stealthy enough to easily go dark until she gets a heal back, and her heal can bounce her back from near-dead to near-full health in 25 seconds. I play her very similarly to NorCar and Missouri, only with more emphasis on angling as opposed to straight bow-tanking. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,894 posts
10,700 battles

Best is really subjective and based on your preferred playstyle. Most BB's at a tier are decent with a few exceptions like  the IJN BB's Kawachi at T3 and Myogi at T4 which are both just horrendously bad.

FWIW I will list my favorite BB's p/ tier. Note I am excluding T2 as it only has 1 so no debate. 

• T3: Standard Tech Tree = Nassau / Premium = Konig Albert
  • T4: Standard Tech Tree =  Wyoming / Premium = Imperator Nikolai I
  • T5: Standard Tech Tree = Konig / Premium = Texas
  • T6: Standard Tech Tree = Normandie (honorable mention Bayern) / Premium = Warspite (honorable mention Arizona)
  • T7: Standard Tech Tree = Lyon (honorable mention Colorado) / Premium = Hood
  • T8: Standard Tech Tree = North Carolina / Premium = Alabama (honorable mention Tirpitz)
  • T9: Standard Tech Tree = Iowa / Premium = Missouri/Musashi (tie - enjoy both equally - Missouri earns more FWIW) 
  • T10: Standard Tech Tree = Yamato ** (honorable mention Montana and Gk) / Premium = N/A

** = I just got the French T10 Republique and I don't have enough games yet to say I like it better than my other T10's but initial impressions are I am going to really like it. Possible it could become my favorite.

I will list the BB's I have/have played below so you can see what I have for experience to base my list on. Not too many I haven't played. Will use a format of Tier: Standard Tech Tree / Premium layout...

US BB's:

• T3: South Carolina 
  • T4: Wyoming
  • T5: New York / Texas
  • T6: New Mexico / Arizona
  • T7: Colorado
  • T8: North Carolina / Alabama
  • T9: Iowa / Missouri
  • T10: Montana

German BB's:

• T3: Nassau 
  • T4: Kaiser
  • T5: Konig
  • T6: Bayern
  • T7: Gneisenau / Scharnhorst
  • T8: Bismarck / Tirpitz
  • T9: FDG
  • T10: GK

Japanese BB's:

• T3: Kawachi
  • T4: Myogi
  • T5: Kongo
  • T6: Fuso / Mutsu
  • T7: Nagato
  • T8: Amagi / Kii
  • T9: N/A / Musashi (note - I skipped Izumo completely with FXP)
  • T10: Yamato

British BB's:

• T3: Bellerophon
  • T4: Orion
  • T5: Iron Duke
  • T6: Queen Elizabeth / Warspite
  • T7: King George V / Hood
  • T8: Monarch

French BB's:

• T5: Bretagne
  • T6: Normandie / Dunkerque
  • T7: Lyon
  • T8: Richelieu / Gascogne
  • T9: Alsace
  • T10 Republique

Russian BB's: (Premiums Only)

• T4: Imperator Nikolai I
  • T5: Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya

Italian BB's: (Premiums Only)

• Roma
  • Giulio Cesare

Edited by AdmiralThunder

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,182 battles

That is hard to say as your playstyle can deeply effect what ships work best for you.

That said here are my top BBs by tier; 

II: Mikasa

III: Nassau (only because I have never played Konig Albert)

IV: Arkansas Beta 

V: Kongo (no contest)

VI: Fuso

VII: Gneisenau or Sharnhorst 

VIII: KII (North Carolina is a close second, tied with Bismarck)

IX: Musashi (Iowa close second)

X: Yamato (best guns in the game and an excuse to play a great song. What's not to love?)

Again these are based on my experience and playstyle, your choices may vary. In the end find the ships that work best for you. 

Members
626 posts
1,630 battles
41 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Best is really subjective and based on your preferred playstyle. Most BB's at a tier are decent with a few exceptions like  the IJN BB's Kawachi at T3 and Myogi at T4 which are both just horrendously bad.

FWIW I will list my favorite BB's p/ tier. Note I am excluding T2 as it only has 1 so no debate. 

• T3: Standard Tech Tree = Nassau / Premium = Konig Albert
  • T4: Standard Tech Tree =  Wyoming / Premium = Imperator Nikolai I
  • T5: Standard Tech Tree = Konig / Premium = Texas
  • T6: Standard Tech Tree = Normandie (honorable mention Bayern) / Premium = Warspite (honorable mention Arizona)
  • T7: Standard Tech Tree = Lyon (honorable mention Colorado) / Premium = Hood
  • T8: Standard Tech Tree = North Carolina / Premium = Alabama (honorable mention Tirpitz)
  • T9: Standard Tech Tree = Iowa / Premium = Missouri/Musashi (tie - enjoy both equally - Missouri earns more FWIW) 
  • T10: Standard Tech Tree = Yamato (honorable mention Montana and Gk) / Premium = N/A

I will list the BB's I have/have played below so you can see what I have for experience to base my list on. Not too many I haven't played. Will use a format of Tier: Standard Tech Tree / Premium layout...

US BB's:

• T3: South Carolina 
  • T4: Wyoming
  • T5: New York / Texas
  • T6: New Mexico / Arizona
  • T7: Colorado
  • T8: North Carolina / Alabama
  • T9: Iowa / Missouri
  • T10: Montana

German BB's:

• T3: Nassau 
  • T4: Kaiser
  • T5: Konig
  • T6: Bayern
  • T7: Gneisenau / Scharnhorst
  • T8: Bismarck / Tirpitz
  • T9: FDG
  • T10: GK

Japanese BB's:

• T3: Kawachi
  • T4: Myogi
  • T5: Kongo
  • T6: Fuso / Mutsu
  • T7: Nagato
  • T8: Amagi / Kii
  • T9: N/A / Musashi (note - I skipped Izumo completely with FXP)
  • T10: Yamato

British BB's:

• T3: Bellerophon
  • T4: Orion
  • T5: Iron Duke
  • T6: Queen Elizabeth / Warspite
  • T7: King George V / Hood
  • T8: Monarch

French BB's:

• T5: Bretagne
  • T6: Normandie / Dunkerque
  • T7: Lyon
  • T8: Richelieu / Gascogne
  • T9: Alsace

Russian BB's: (Premiums Only)

• T4: Imperator Nikolai I
  • T5: Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya

Italian BB's: (Premiums Only)

• Roma

Have I finally found someone who thinks Hood is OP!

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,894 posts
10,700 battles
Just now, Aristotle83 said:

Have I finally found someone who thinks Hood is OP!

OP? No. Very good? Absolutely!

• Cool 1

[ODIN]
Members
55 posts
14,277 battles
On March 5, 2018 at 2:52 AM, Aristotle83 said:

Did a thread like this awhile ago, polls and all but new ships kept coming so over time too much became unaccounted for. The best ship at almost every tier if not every tier is a premium so honestly premium and tech tree should be counted differently. Think some tech tree's are better than premium's but usually a premium is the best at a tier. Going to list the best overall ship which is usually a premium, and then the best tree. Going to make a bubble for context why I think a certain thing. I know it makes the list look unappealing but I think the stuff I put in the bubbles is important for context. 

Honestly this page should give you a pretty good idea. 

https://na.wows-numbers.com/ships/tree/type,battleship/

Anyway I think it's something like this based on my experience, what I read people say about ships I haven't played and the stats

T2-Mikasa(Premium)

T3-Konig Albert(Premium), Nassau/Bellerophon(best among tech tree ships, stats are pretty close, and when I did a poll the vote was also pretty close, I will say I used to think Nassau and changed my mind to Bellerophon as I played more in the higher tiers, think the German line is more noob friendly and newer players are more likely to pick Nassau here because if you're a new player some of Nassau's weaknesses like range don't seem as glaring as to an experienced player who's more likely to feel handicapped at 11km)

T4-Imperator Nikolai I(Premium), Orion(best among tech tree ships, IMO the most OP tech tree ship in WOWS)

T5-Gulio Cesare(Premium), Gangut(used to be the best ship at the tier until Cesare came out)

Konig/Kongo(Konig's clearly got the better stats, but based on the poll I did Kongo won in a landslide, it's possible the ship suffers for having less guns even if they are more powerful? I'd pick Konig but I think these are the top two here)

T6-Arizona/Dunkerque/Mutsu(Premium, apologies for the long explanation, this is weird cause history wise both Mutsu and Dunkerque belong at T7 and their stats are really similar, but Arizona won the poll I did by ALOT and also has the best stats so I guess it wins, always found the Arizona's performance to be bizzare, all three ships here are really OP I would not pick Arizona, haven't played one better than Warspite who's clearly fourth here, so I dunno)

Fuso/Bayern(Fuso's got slightly better stats but it's close, have never played it)

T7-Nelson(Premium, every premium at this tier as OP but everyitme I've heard people discuss it consensus clearly says Nelson's best and the stats really clearly support this, Scharnhorst gets a mention because it won the poll I did by ALOT more than any other category but the stats and reading threads on this topic seem to seriously contradict this, honestly think Hood, KGV and DOY are all better than Scharnhorst, but yeah this is the best premium tier IMO)

KGV(best among tech tree ships, think it could just be second best period)

T8-Roma(Premium, has a good reputation and the best stats), Richelieu(best of the tech tree ships, it just came out and it's stats are inflated but I think this will stay on top, might be better than all the premiums, Roma hasn't been around all that much longer and Richelieu's more or less running even with it, have also played the ship and it's much better than Tirpitz IMO)

T9-Mushashi(Premium, it's basically a Yamato plopped in T9, and it has better stats than all the T10's except Conqueror because it's given easier MM than Yamato, is the most clearly mistiered ship in the game), Missouri(used to be the best T9 Premium, in the poll I did with both T9/T10, it came in third, but Mushashi is better)Lion/Alsace(Lion's a Conqueror sister ship and had the best numbers by far before the French BB's came out, Alsace's numbers are inflated because it's brand new but they are so high that there's a decent chance it's just the best ship regardless, as it's basically doing as well as the Mushashi which should be impressive for reasons I just stated, time will likely answer this question for us)

T10-Conqueror(best BB in the game no questions asked IMO both based on stats and anecdotal opinions, Yamato used to be the best and Mushashi at T9 has the second best stats in the game because it's A new and B a Yamato with access to T7 tribute, disclaimer for Republique because it does have the best stats right now but it came out several days ago, it's supposed to have the best numbers unlike Alsace or Richelieu not really stunned by it's numbers)

Do you have all these ships? How many games in each? Just curious how you come to these conclusions. Mushashi is weak if u know how to deal w her to say nothing about a CV dealing with her. Conq ok and only cause it's broke. Roma ok but a NC or Bama is better I'm not afraid of a Roma or a rich I either two. Mutsu is weak IMHO. Fuso good but so is the NM just different play styles. The gen has just six unacurate rifles good for a novice because it's very forgiving. Orion is great. Seem the lower tier u go the more I would agree.