Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
wdarkk

What is worst in life?

21 comments in this topic

[BOATC]
Members
299 posts
7,279 battles

Ugh.

Load into a battle, instant crash. Relaunch the game, second crash. Relaunch the game a third time, I've been killed by a CV.

0 xp because I was unable to hit even one button.

Only bright side is it wasn't my double today. I had that happen to me once in OBT.

Members
1,697 posts
7,233 battles

If this truly is the worst in life for you, you have my envy.

• Funny 1

[SYN]
Members
4,541 posts
11,437 battles

You live a charmed life then, if this is the worst.

[BOATC]
Members
299 posts
7,279 battles

So I suppose you have a better pithy thread title then?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,401 posts
9,560 battles

It would be worse is a low-health DD smashed into your AFK ship and turned you pink for 5 games.

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,175 battles

To lose your objectives. See allied DDs driven before you. And to hear the lamentations of your BBs.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Members
191 posts
8 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

To lose your objectives. See allied DDs driven before you. And to hear the lamentations of your BBs.

Okay that made me laugh, thanks.

As to the OP, there's always worse.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,827 posts
1,327 battles

Yeah, I haven't seen anything particularly bad yet, except perhaps the job thing.  Unfortunately low-level jobs are that way a lot.  You're just a number.

There are good and bad things about being an anonymous cog in the machine.  I'm an important cog in the machine, and I get paid for it, but, that also means I may get called even when I'm not nominally on-call if something big breaks.  There's a price for everything.

Members
567 posts
75 battles

I got stung by a bark scorpion today, on my birthday of all days. If you've never been stung by one that gives you a full load of venom, it's like being simultaneously electrocuted and burned from your head to your toes nonstop for 24-72 hours. I got more severe symptoms including respiratory, vision and motor funtion problems although ttose finally subsided. And feeling won't come back to my leg for a few weeks. Summerlin, NV, scorpion capital of the United States. I could walk outside with a black light (can't really walk right now) and spot easily half a dozen. 

I'd take a couple crashes and a zero xp game if you ask me. 

[PSP]
Members
6,225 posts
8,853 battles
40 minutes ago, A_Crying_Hipster said:

I got stung by a bark scorpion today, on my birthday of all days.

I've only been stung by one once and that was once too many times. Take a large needle, heat it red hot, hook it to an electrical outlet, quickly dip it in battery acid, and then jab yourself in a nerve with it. That's about what it feels like. 

Edited by Snargfargle

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,771 battles
44 minutes ago, A_Crying_Hipster said:

I got stung by a bark scorpion today, on my birthday of all days. If you've never been stung by one that gives you a full load of venom, it's like being simultaneously electrocuted and burned from your head to your toes nonstop for 24-72 hours. I got more severe symptoms including respiratory, vision and motor funtion problems although ttose finally subsided. And feeling won't come back to my leg for a few weeks. Summerlin, NV, scorpion capital of the United States. I could walk outside with a black light (can't really walk right now) and spot easily half a dozen. 

Happy Birthday m8. Bad luck and i sure am glad, i do not live there 

[SALVO]
Members
17,032 posts
17,629 battles
1 hour ago, NeutralState said:

Ah, beat me to it, Admiral Conan.

:Smile_great:

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,891 posts
10,457 battles

You are capping out after crushing a flank in your Alsace. Enemy dd starts capping just before you and your friendly algerie enter, so you have a time crunch. You're on 200k damage and excited for your first win of the day. Algerie then purposely tks you and says he wants to kill the DD. Dd caps out and we lose.

[SEALZ]
Members
526 posts
5,313 battles

I always thought the worst in life was being crushed by your enemies, being seen driven before them, and hearing the lamentations of your women.

Members
1,857 posts
8,754 battles
10 hours ago, NeutralState said:

I was starting to think everybody was clueless

OP, nowhere near as bad as the Wheel of Pain or the Tree of Woe.

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
7,227 battles
11 hours ago, AVR_Project said:

It would be worse is a low-health DD smashed into your AFK ship and turned you pink for 5 games.

But pink is my favourite colour :/ actually kinda wanting to TK someone today just to go pink

Members
18,173 posts
5,190 battles
11 hours ago, landedkiller said:

A job where your treated as if you don't exist 

Lol sometimes that's a good thing.

Leave me alone, let me do my job, and hand me my paycheque on Friday.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,364 battles

I was going to say something involving existential despair and fire ants, not necessarily in that order.  But then...

10 hours ago, A_Crying_Hipster said:

Past arguments aside, my sincere condolences on that one.  I am fortunate never to have had the experience - you have my "poison ivy on the eyelids" beat by some distance.  Best on a speedy recovery.

Members
18,173 posts
5,190 battles
1 hour ago, Usedcarjock said:

I always thought the worst in life was being crushed by your enemies, being seen driven before them, and hearing the lamentations of your women.

I dunno about that last part. Especially when married, hearing the lamentations of your women is a pretty standard thing, no?

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this