You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

Team killing in Clan Battles? ( Information has been corrected please read through).

64 comments in this topic

[PT8TO]
Members
1,410 posts
13,256 battles

Is that a thing now?  just wondering how often this happens when a team is so petty they kill their own player to deny points loss lol. :Smile_facepalm:

Edited by GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

Members
9,965 posts

Used to be a thing in random, hardly surprising they'd bring it to Clan wars.....:Smile_amazed:

[PT8TO]
Members
1,410 posts
13,256 battles
4 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Used to be a thing in random, hardly surprising they'd bring it to Clan wars.....:Smile_amazed:

Yeah lol we had some of our guys in that have not played a lot against MIA-A and you know they were gonna win but to avoid loosing points on a ship they TKed it lol.

Or maybe they just did it to be funny idk, i got a good laugh out of it but still come on.

[SYN]
Members
14,452 posts
10,446 battles
Just now, awiggin said:

I have not seen this happen once in my entire WoWs random experience

• Cool 1

[R-F]
Members
761 posts
6,378 battles

It's a solid strategy for keeping ahead in the points.  In randoms its a bit sketchy since presumably not everyone is going to be on board with it, but in clan battles when everyone's on the same page... might as well.

[PT8TO]
Members
1,410 posts
13,256 battles
8 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

It's a solid strategy for keeping ahead in the points.  In randoms its a bit sketchy since presumably not everyone is going to be on board with it, but in clan battles when everyone's on the same page... might as well.

Yeah id say it worked preety good lol.  But they were up by a boat load so it seemed a bit more childish and not what you would expect from a quality Clan such as MIA or any MIA sub Clan

[BIAS]
Members
3,151 posts
9,233 battles

Shoot, I was tking in ranked before it was popular in CB....

• Funny 1

[SCCC]
Members
705 posts
5,503 battles
1 hour ago, Ducky_shot said:

Such a Bully!!!

Beta Testers
52 posts
586 battles
2 hours ago, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

Is that a thing now?  just wondering how often this happens when a team is so petty they kill their own player to deny points loss lol. :Smile_facepalm:

Yep, an exploit used by people with Zero honor and very huge egos.  The kill should go to the last enemy who damaged them to curb this infantile behavior.

• Cool 1

[BIAS]
Members
3,151 posts
9,233 battles
3 hours ago, DethWolf said:

Yep, an exploit used by people with Zero honor and very huge egos.  The kill should go to the last enemy who damaged them to curb this infantile behavior.

Well to experience what the OP is talking about, you would have to play CB. To play CB, you would actually have to be in a clan.

so, yeah....

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
2 hours ago, Ducky_shot said:

Well to experience what the OP is talking about, you would have to play CB. To play CB, you would actually have to be in a clan.

so, yeah....

They will fix it at some point, it's pretty exploitey from a competitive angle, honestly.

[HINON]
Members
9,019 posts

Just need to make it so the points are the same as if the enemy killed them.

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles

Enemy doesn't gain points I'm assuming?  Don't you still lose some points though?  Just curious. 

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,310 posts
6,597 battles

WFB9Kvq.png

Can we please have a season of Clan Battles without Rule Breaking/Bending? Is it that much to ask for?

• Cool 2

[CAST]
Members
1,201 posts
7,372 battles

I think the team still loses points for the loss of the ship.  The enemy just doesn't get points for killing the ship.  To some it might seem like a loophole, but its essentially a way of scuttling a ship.  Its a valid tactic for point denial.  If you have a ship that you know is going to die and is on its last bit of health, kill it to deny the enemy the kill points.  If WG wants to change the rules, then all they have to do is make so that the ship kill results in points going to the enemy team as well as points removed from the friendly team.

• Bad 1

[-BRS-]
Members
890 posts
7,554 battles
9 hours ago, Ducky_shot said:

I was beginning to think I was losing my memory. I had recently done a post on this, It appears they have removed the "No point loss" mechanic from randoms, thou I do remember having seen it once when it was possible, and I have seen a Div kill low HP members do it to prolong the game to farm more damage. I wonder why they (WG) have separate mechanics for different game types... Rank, I've seen it quite a few times.

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
1 hour ago, Murcc said:

If WG wants to change the rules, then all they have to do is make so that the ship kill results in points going to the enemy team as well as points removed from the friendly team.

Which is what I will imagine they will do, I don't recall them saying this "scuttling" was intended at any point. It's a loophole to be sure, and one WG will close no doubt. It's gaming the system which is exactly what bleeding edge players do in every game. Just more cat and mouse from a rules perspective. One loophole closes, another opens. Why should we expect this game to be any different?

I hope they change it, it's cheap.

• Cool 1

[CAST]
Members
1,201 posts
7,372 battles
39 minutes ago, Canadatron said:

Which is what I will imagine they will do, I don't recall them saying this "scuttling" was intended at any point. It's a loophole to be sure, and one WG will close no doubt. It's gaming the system which is exactly what bleeding edge players do in every game. Just more cat and mouse from a rules perspective. One loophole closes, another opens. Why should we expect this game to be any different?

I hope they change it, it's cheap.

I hope they close the loop-hole too.  I think that if you caused the enemy to have to scuttle a ship, then you should be awarded the points for its death, regardless of who actually finished it off.  However, until it gets fixed, kudos to the teams that actually use it to their benefit.  In the heat of battle, I probably wouldn't have thought to do it.

Members
1,863 posts
8,840 battles

I don’t have a problem with this in randoms as long as the guy turns pink. The penalty is greater than the reward. However that is not true in a real competition

Edited by CaptainTeddybear

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,101 posts
12,657 battles

Okay, reality check. Somebody please post a screenshot or replay of the points actually not being awarded to the enemy team in CB, because the Ranked TK in @Ducky_shot's video clearly shows both the point gain and point loss happening on the TK:

iUCnIDO.png

Edited by Edgecase

[PT8TO]
Members
1,410 posts
13,256 battles
17 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Okay, reality check. Somebody please post a screenshot or replay of the points actually not being awarded to the enemy team in CB, because the Ranked TK in @Ducky_shot's video clearly shows both the point gain and point loss happening on the TK:

iUCnIDO.png

hold on edge ill go back and take a look and tell you for sure, just hold that thought

• Cool 1

[BIAS]
Members
3,151 posts
9,233 battles
21 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

iUCnIDO.png

I never thought to check.... So that means that @Lord_Zath's analysis where he says that I denied them points was wrong????????? He is not infallible???? And he's a wiki editor???? @SeaRaptor00 please be aware of this. :Smile_izmena: :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Ducky_shot

[PT8TO]
Members
1,410 posts
13,256 battles
43 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

iUCnIDO.png

Yes a second looks shows that they lost points and we gained some even on a TK

• Cool 1

[MIA-A]
Supertester
2,589 posts
8,410 battles
12 hours ago, Brhinosaurus said:

Sounds like the definition of "Unsportsmanlike Conduct" any any clan caught doing it should have all progress for Flag 2 reset and be barred from CW for the rest of the season. 

• Cool 1