Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SerahKhan

Captain levels: anyway to boost with FreeXP?

10 comments in this topic

[90THD]
Members
143 posts
3,741 battles

Hi all

quivk question

cane back after v long time away, and missed a lot

is there a way to boost like a level 3 captain to like 10?

i saw the accelerated Xpress button, but I mean like use 100,000 free cup to boost to 10 or something ( or better conversion of course) 

i have played quite a bit in past and barely have 1, yes 1 level 5 captain

any Help appreciated 

and Take Care!

jean

Members
1,023 posts
3,549 battles

Yes if you have the free XP to do it, you can use the accelerated Captain feature, but it will take a lot of free XP. Also, if you have them, there are flags and camos that you can use that will multiply Captain XP. Once you have a 19 point Captain, any XP that he earns will be ELITE XP, meaning you can use that XP on any captain to level them up.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,840 posts
1,327 battles

Yes, you can use freexp to boost captains, same as elite captain xp.

Members
9,966 posts
12 minutes ago, SerahKhan said:

Hi all

quivk question

cane back after v long time away, and missed a lot

i saw the accelerated Xpress button, but I mean like use 100,000 free cup to boost to 10 or something ( or better conversion of course) 

i have played quite a bit in past and barely have 1, yes 1 level 5 captain

any Help appreciated 

and Take Care!

jean

You can, but it's absurdly expensive. You're better off with flags, camo and premium time...far cheaper, and you'll be better off for it.

[PVE]
Members
5,617 posts
18,201 battles

I would advise against using free xp to level you captain. Best to grind one captain to 19 points and then use the elite xp you earn to help get other captains leveled. Free xp is way to valuable IMHO, to be used for captain training and retraining. Once you have a 19 point captain and start earning elite xp you will see the difference immediately. Free xp is really tough to build up, elite xp, notsomuch. 

[90THD]
Members
143 posts
3,741 battles

Thx so much Taylor!

Question 1:

------------------

BTW, can you explain elite XP  a bit ? I guess that is new (part of what I missed). I suppose, by what you said, it starts at Lvl 19?

Question 2:

-----------------

Free XP  (I have 250K of it now), what are the best uses for it ? any advice welcome

Observation: 

No way to get to 19 faster I guess, its gonna be a long grind ...

Thx so much!

JM

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
5,617 posts
18,201 battles

No problems. You start accumulating "elite xp" when you get a 19 point captain. That is the highest level a captain can go so when you earn normal captain experience by playing, that accumulates as something called "elite xp". You can then apply that to any other captain in the game to help level them up. For instance I have a 19 point German captain and I play a bunch of games with him and accumulate say 10k in elite xp. I can then use that experience on a USN, IJN, Russian, etc captain of my choosing to get them leveled up. It is a really good deal but getting a captain up to 19 is a long slog. The reason using "free xp" to help level up a captain is a bad idea is because you get so little of it from a match. For example if I take out my 19 point German captain in a match and earn 1000 captain xp that translates into 1000 elite xp. It is 1 for 1. However I may only get 50 free xp from that same match. You accumulate free xp at a much smaller rate than anything else so you should only use it when necessary.  Free xp can be used to skip ahead on ships, upgrade ships, upgrade your captains, and buy premium ships. It is the most versatile thing in the game you can acquire by playing. 

If I were you, hanging on to the free xp is probably best for now. Just let it be and let it accumulate. The longer you play the game and the more things you learn, the more you will appreciate having a nice big bank of free xp. Don't even think about spending it until you get to say 350k. The reason for that is that is how much free xp the Royal Navy battleship Nelson costs. By then you may want it or want to save up for the IJN battleship which is a tier 9 and will cost you 750k in free xp. Honestly saving it until you have a better grasp of what is going on in the game is a good idea. Using free xp to skip ships or upgrade them can be costly. When I started I did this and ended up in the mid tiers (5-7) with mediocre captains. I should have just played the ships to help get my captains closer to 19 points. It is a long grind and it is intended to be that way unfortunately. Always hope this answers your questions, good luck and HANG ON TO THAT FREE XP!

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Cool 1

Members
18,235 posts
5,205 battles
9 hours ago, SerahKhan said:

Yes. If you click on your captain, a "+" will appear next to his XP bar. Clicking that will give you the option to spend free XP to get him to the next skill point. You can do this until you don't have enough free XP. (it won't let you add XP unless it' enough for the next skill point)

With 250k free XP, looks like you could go from 3 up to 8, with about 30k left over.

Not the best use of your free XP however.....

• Cool 1

[90THD]
Members
143 posts
3,741 battles

Thank you all

Yeah no way I burn a precious 250K Free XP to get from 3 to 8

Taylor, Thx so much for explaining what that 750K for Musashi means , omg I had no idea!

SKPSTR, also a big thank you!

===============

Any relatively large   Guild/Clan wants a sorta newbie with 467 matches, but a long time gamer in other games?

I a a middle player sorta right now, with a low W/R as I get caught in every crappy landlside loss group in history (esp on weekends)

take care all!

Jean

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
6,430 posts
2,396 battles

You can also win Elite CXP as a reward.  I recently banked 34,000 from Scenarios.

Sign in to follow this