Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

It's not the score, it's the team

9 comments in this topic

[PSP]
Members
6,221 posts
8,848 battles

Sometimes whether you win or lose doesn't depend on how you play but how your team plays. Loss/Win.

shot-18_03.04_18_50.51-0151.jpg.5754a7e216c0f8386ffccc7afb458890.jpg

[KNMSU]
Members
3,365 posts
3,938 battles

I think almost all matches in random depend on that. A total carry is basically impossible - there need to be at least 3-4 other relatively competent people on your side.

• Cool 2

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

its the team 70% of the time,    it is those 30% where you may have chance to change the result.   good player will take  their winrate to 65%    while   bad one will bring it down to 35%

• Cool 1

Members
4,531 posts
6,420 battles
57 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_Kongo said:

I think almost all matches in random depend on that. A total carry is basically impossible - there need to be at least 3-4 other relatively competent people on your side.

I tend to agree.  At least 3 but sometimes a ship will have a great match and carry a very bad team in random but it's pretty hard. Random is, well, random. 

Edited by dmckay

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

Unfortunately I find if I'm having a really good match the team is not... conversely, it seems with me, if the team's doing well, I'm not. How often you find that happening to you? 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
319 posts
4,388 battles
1 minute ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Unfortunately I find if I'm having a really good match the team is not... conversely, it seems with me, if the team's doing well, I'm not. How often you find that happening to you? 

Happens to me all the time.  150k+ 4-6 kill losses and 50k 1 kill wins.  Frustrating!

• Cool 1

Members
974 posts
1,871 battles
1 hour ago, Battlecruiser_Kongo said:

there need to be at least 3-4 other relatively competent people on your side.

which is why I play battleships. If I can take out 2-3 power players on the enemy team with ease then I helped my team alot

Members
2,059 posts
5,097 battles

This just in, team oriented game outcomes depend on the team.

You can tell a lot from the xp screen after a battle. If five people on your team throw in an extra 10k damage above the norm, and the rest hold on well enough, you're effectively up a battleship.

As for better games on losses, most ships do better when getting pushed, especially those with torpedoes. And damage is more readily available. So it is very common for anyone who doesn't die early to have an above average game in a loss.

Sign in to follow this