You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
xovian

If you could change one thing about playing a DD

60 comments in this topic

[E501]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles

I would like wargaming to rejig rewards so that Destroyer is high reward for the high risk. If you compare ship averages there is zero appreciable difference in the average rewards for average play in each ship type. 

A potato in a BB "earns" more than a potato in  DD. This has a hand in our population imbalance. 

I am of the opinion it's easier to be "average" in a BB than it is a DD, yet DD XP trails BB XP earned or is the same (it's pretty much the same). That's not what "high risk high reward" means. That's high risk, same reward. With that being the case it's no wonder BB is the ship of choice above all else. 

People are like water. Path of least resistance...

Wargaming needs to flesh out the rewards system and give people the DD equivalent to "omg big numbers!" that people gravitate towards.

[DRACS]
Members
4,330 posts

XP, credits, and ribbons for spotting damage. Its one of the key aspects of playing DDs yet offers zero feedback on whether you're doing a good job for your team.

Members
349 posts
4,187 battles

1.  Radar/Hydro are LoS only (not likely to ever see this corrected)

2.  Improve rewards for the team play aspects of DD play i.e. spotting, capping, etc.  Should have put this #1.

3.  Fix BB AP vs DDs

I don't play DDs that much (<20% of my total games) and am very mediocre in them.  I have games often where I do <10k in damage but have multiple caps and lots of spotting damage and those games are barely profitable; a good game for me where I do 3x my own health or more still nets me less in silver and XP than a same tier BB game does where I potato and don't contribute much.  The rewards for DDs should scale or something... TBH I think all classes could maybe get a multiplier on silver and XP based on difficulty.  For example, BBs are 1x, CA/CL are 1.6x, DDs 1.4x, CVs 1.2x (totally spitballing). 

Members
603 posts
7,535 battles
2 hours ago, Uncle_Lou said:

1.  Radar/Hydro are LoS only (not likely to ever see this corrected)

2.  Improve rewards for the team play aspects of DD play i.e. spotting, capping, etc.  Should have put this #1.

3.  Fix BB AP vs DDs

I don't play DDs that much (<20% of my total games) and am very mediocre in them.  I have games often where I do <10k in damage but have multiple caps and lots of spotting damage and those games are barely profitable; a good game for me where I do 3x my own health or more still nets me less in silver and XP than a same tier BB game does where I potato and don't contribute much.  The rewards for DDs should scale or something... TBH I think all classes could maybe get a multiplier on silver and XP based on difficulty.  For example, BBs are 1x, CA/CL are 1.6x, DDs 1.4x, CVs 1.2x (totally spitballing). 

1. agree on Radar, not so much on hydro

2. capping (both capture / defend) does give good reward imo. I often end up in top 3 XP earn in team despite having low damage done. cos I cap and defend

3. BB AP on DD need fix ASAP imo. 1 BB shell that does 5k health on DD is too much (yes I am talking about those ultra-pen, super-pen, double-pen or whatever you guys call it)

I'll share my stat here. I play almost as much DD as CA, BB (all of them more than 2000). I don't see how DD get less reward than the other types. In fact, My DD get more average XP than BB

My top 3 XP earner with 100+ battle are Yugumo, Harekaze, Akizuki. all of them are DD. only Iowa come to 4th and NC at 5th, following by Kagero, Yamato, Eugen, Atago

to me seems that Cruiser is the type don't get enough reward instead of DD.

and just incase you guys question my ability to play CA. as of today my WTR for DD: 1893, CA: 1654, BB: 1496. so I don't think I play CA any worse than my BB

Spoiler

LYKTlsg.jpg

[-GPS-]
Members
2,694 posts
27,680 battles

Repeat: radar LOS only

Torps spotted by planes only while overhead and not permanent-spotted for 10 km or more. 

I really like the idea of reduced gun bloom time too. 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
9,982 posts
15,854 battles
On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 6:42 PM, silverdahc said:

I think we all should get heals just like the battleships:Smile_hiding:

I'd rather they just did away with BB heals, but the amount of camping would make every game look like a KOA Kampground!

[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,735 posts
4,813 battles

Hmm...

I see spotting rewards and ribbons as the most feasible and most likely to be done, so we'll put that at the top of the list.
Maybe as a compromise on the radar/hydro thing, radar and hydro CAN go through hard cover but suffer a range penalty over that arc of say... 33 to 50 percent?
Also, can a lot of these ships get a turret traverse rate buff? I mean Jesus Maria y Jose these IJN turrets on DDs are worse than some BB turrets.

[VW]
Members
2,375 posts
14,107 battles

I agree spotting needs to be rewarded. buff xp for torpedo hits, since it is orders of magnitude harder to hit a ship with torpedoes than with guns this should be reflected in xp. Leave radar alone but greatly nerf gun bloom from firing dd guns. Since you will be lit by radar and hydro anyway, you should not be penalized even more for actually opening up (this should be the case only for torp boats, not gun boats like khab, aigle etc.) I totally agree ijn dds need buffs to their guns given the influence radar has had on their ability to remain concealed. Some actually make bb turret rotations look good.