Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sito

Just a Pic

35 comments in this topic

[SYN]
Members
4,550 posts
11,437 battles

How...

How does that happen?

:Smile_amazed:

[ADR]
Members
4,314 posts
13,374 battles
3 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

How...

How does that happen?

:Smile_amazed:

Weekends Bro,  All the BBtards are out in force and the MM went full Special to keep up with them

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
4,550 posts
11,437 battles
2 minutes ago, Shadowrigger1 said:

Weekends Bro,  All the BBtards are out in force and the MM went full Special to keep up with them

Dude.

I really need to log in and load up the Fletcher and Gearing.

Beta Testers
621 posts

Looks like a lot of entertainment to me. Also consider all the missions currently running requiring high tier BB's.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,266 posts
1,876 battles

New BB line was released.

And one offs don't mean much.  I've been in a 100% cruiser match a few months ago.

Members
835 posts
4,635 battles

Why can't I get those matches? I've been seeing 6-10 destroyers every game so far. Not an issue, just not as good for the missions I'm doing.

Beta Testers
1,839 posts
10,762 battles
31 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

Dude.

I did. And even when the queue had like hundreds of BBs, I still got matches with CAs and DDs making up half of the team. I don't seem to be able to get such wet dream match.

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,897 posts
10,479 battles

Notice the 2 CVS. They sat in queue too long,and when the second joined the queue mm grabbed every excess ship it could find

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,839 posts
10,762 battles

So I should div with a CV in a DD. That's quite a heavy price to pay. :)

Edited by chewonit

[WOLF5]
Members
1,543 posts
2,154 battles

Those Midways must have had so much fun.

Members
3,828 posts
14,189 battles
1 hour ago, Kuckoo said:

Dude.

Hell, I need to saddle up Hindenberg or Saint Louis, and stick with HE. Lookit all those fires just begging for ignition! :Smile_izmena:

Edited by ReddNekk

[INTEL]
Members
8,604 posts
25,782 battles
17 hours ago, Sito said:

Pic is enough...

shot-18.03.04_13.46.37-0541.jpg

Pure big gun heaven

Members
646 posts
4,282 battles

Had a match at tier 5/6 with all BB's and really had a blast, even the losing team seemed to enjoy themselves. 

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
16 hours ago, Helstrem said:

New BB line was released.

If only that were true. Battleship has been leading the /shipsplayed charge for about 2 years now at the end game. It's not a temporary thing at all.

It's higher than it's already high population though, yes.

[CAST]
Members
1,220 posts
7,414 battles
16 hours ago, Kuckoo said:

Dude.

Then you get the one game with 4 DDs and 5 cruisers per side.

[SUCIT]
Members
848 posts
3,662 battles
7 minutes ago, Canadatron said:

If only that were true. Battleship has been leading the /shipsplayed charge for about 2 years now at the end game. It's not a temporary thing at all.

It's higher than it's already high population though, yes.

TBF, I've seen far more DDs than BBs before the new line hit.  

6 DD, 3 CA and 3 BB games have been very common for me over the last month or so.

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
13 minutes ago, XpliCT_PaiiN said:

TBF, I've seen far more DDs than BBs before the new line hit.  

6 DD, 3 CA and 3 BB games have been very common for me over the last month or so.

Are we working from your anecdotal numbers or like, actual numbers? I just got done reading one post where the guy says "every game there are 8 DD per side!" I'm almost certain this would play out in the statistics, but it doesn't.

You want the REAL ACTUAL PLAYS? Here they are as of 3/3/18 for the week:

400k BB

290k CA

229k DD

So how exactly are Destroyers being played more than Battleship? Very curious.

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20180303/na_week/average_class.html

There is a real site with real numbers, not "opinion" or what it "seems" like. It's how it is.

I'll even take it a step further and speak to the last month or so, where you maintain the DD population was so high a 6DD/3BB game was "very common". We can go back 2 months:

BB: 4.62 million plays

CA: 3.58 Million plays

DD: 2.67 Million plays

Again, stats aren't your friend here, so I can understand why so many would rather ignore these numbers actually exist. BB is played NEARLY FREAKING DOUBLE the time DD is. Want to try going back a year? Got any more goalposts to move?

Edited by Canadatron
Added actual stats
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,839 posts
10,762 battles

I don't remember ever seeing a match with more than 5 DDs on each side. Like @Canadatron said, there are just not enough DDs to make that happen, at least not as often as people make it sounds.

• Cool 1

[SUCIT]
Members
848 posts
3,662 battles
Just now, Canadatron said:

Are we working from your anecdotal numbers or like, actual numbers? I just got done reading one post where the guy says "every game there are 8 DD per side!" I'm almost certain this would play out in the statistics, but it doesn't.

You want the REAL ACTUAL PLAYS? Here they are as of 3/3/18 for the week:

400k BB

290k CA

229k DD

So how exactly are Destroyers being played more than Battleship? Very curious.

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20180303/na_week/average_class.html

There is a real site with real numbers, not "opinion" or what it "seems" like. It's how it is.

I'm talking almost exclusively T10.  In the last week, according to Warships.Today, there have been 

62k DD battles

75k CA battles 

45k BB battles (not including Republique, but we can assume those numbers are fairly low)

High tier BB is not as overpopulated as people make it out to be.

Beta Testers
1,839 posts
10,762 battles

Warship.today has far more limited coverage than maplesyrup. Also. T10 doesn't MM with only T10.

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
13 minutes ago, XpliCT_PaiiN said:

I'm talking almost exclusively T10.  In the last week, according to Warships.Today, there have been 

62k DD battles

75k CA battles 

45k BB battles (not including Republique, but we can assume those numbers are fairly low)

High tier BB is not as overpopulated as people make it out to be.

When tier 10 is the only tier in game I'll admit that we then have a problem with DD overpopulation I guess. High tier is 8-9-10 simply due to the fact they see one another through matchmaker, not JUST tier 10 ( as shown in the OP's photo, I see Tier 10,9,8 BBs), so those BBs don't count somehow? I applaud the effort, however. You can twist this as much as you'd like.

Edited by Canadatron
  • Bad 1

[INTEL]
Members
812 posts
8,369 battles
17 hours ago, Kuckoo said:

Dude.

That never works. More like the last time I felt the urge to DD. One match, 5 DDs per team and I'm sailing the Shino vs a red team with all US and RU DDs. Two Cvs per team and zero Bbs. Next match, 23 CLs and my Bottom tier Shino. Match 3, switch to a CL, two Cruisers in the match.... last match of that day. Lol

[SUCIT]
Members
848 posts
3,662 battles
49 minutes ago, Canadatron said:

When tier 10 is the only tier in game I'll admit that we then have a problem with DD overpopulation I guess. High tier is 8-9-10 simply due to the fact they see one another through matchmaker, not JUST tier 10 ( as shown in the OP's photo, I see Tier 10,9,8 BBs), so those BBs don't count somehow? I applaud the effort, however. You can twist this as much as you'd like.

So if you want to do T8-9-10, the numbers are as follows

DD 182k

CA 220k

BB 270k

This works out to 

3.5 DD per team average

3.85 CA per team average

4.65 BB per team average.  

These numbers are inflated by nearly 80k battles in French ships over the last week.  The Missouri and the Musashi also account for almost 20% of the total T8-10 battles played in a BB.  This is more than likely due to the massive credit and XP gaining of the two ships, and due to them being the only two T9 premium ships in the game.  If a T9 Cruiser or DD premium were added with the same bonuses, I guarantee that they would have similar play numbers.

We all know low tier BBs have much higher play numbers.  If you'd like to keep using them in your stats, to prove a point about high tier gameplay, have at it.

• Bad 1

Sign in to follow this