You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BullpupWOT

Is it possible for the server to mistakenly give you a kill?

5 comments in this topic

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles

I was running my Cleveland the other night and contesting a push by multiple BBs on a flank. I had actually been damaged pretty severely early in the battle but got a good position with a subsequently decent bow-on angle behind an island and dealt a ton of hits and started numerous fires. Eventually a very low health Bismark got in a position to finish me. I lit him on fire just before he killed me. I got the flesh wound as I lit that fire when he had very low health. I sat to watch and somewhere around 30 seconds later I got another flesh wound and arsonist, I'm assuming from one of the other BBs. 

Assuming I lit a fire (or multiple) after another BB had just repaired, it sure felt like my fire(s) would have burned out or his repair would have reset before I actually burned 40%+ from him...it felt like a "long" time since I had died. 

Is it possible for the server to misidentifying the ship responsible for an enemy destruction?  What is the max burn time of an unattended fire?

[FML]
Members
1,767 posts
10,153 battles
2 minutes ago, BullpupWOT said:

I was running my Cleveland the other night and contesting a push by multiple BBs on a flank. I had actually been damaged pretty severely early in the battle but got a good position with a subsequently decent bow-on angle behind an island and dealt a ton of hits and started numerous fires. Eventually a very low health Bismark got in a position to finish me. I lit him on fire just before he killed me. I got the flesh wound as I lit that fire when he had very low health. I sat to watch and somewhere around 30 seconds later I got another flesh wound and arsonist, I'm assuming from one of the other BBs. 

Assuming I lit a fire (or multiple) after another BB had just repaired, it sure felt like my fire(s) would have burned out or his repair would have reset before I actually burned 40%+ from him...it felt like a "long" time since I had died. 

Is it possible for the server to misidentifying the ship responsible for an enemy destruction?  What is the max burn time of an unattended fire?

Fires burn for a minute unless relevant captain skills etc bring it down.

Unworthy allocation of kills is unlikely - you prolly lit fires that he couldnt repair (could have taken direct damage in the meantime to bring him down, too), and that's why you got the kill. 

• Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,684 posts
9,083 battles
9 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Fires burn for a minute unless relevant captain skills etc bring it down.

Unworthy allocation of kills is unlikely - you prolly lit fires that he couldnt repair (could have taken direct damage in the meantime to bring him down, too), and that's why you got the kill. 

About the only way for kills to be miss attributed would be for two killing blows happening super close in time, milliseconds. In the OP's situation I would just attribute the kill to a fire that couldn't be put out. Double flesh wounds are super awesome and so rare that they should be a special ultra heroic achievement with a commensurate reward.

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,731 posts
4,763 battles

Take into account you got the kill for the "Tick" of damage that finished him off.  IE if a ship is on fire, takes a massive strike from main guns and leaves him with 1 Hit Point, your fire "Tick" of damage might have done him in.  Same goes if he was flooding or had multiple fires on him.  Whoever ticks that last bit of damage off get's the kill.

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles
1 minute ago, vonKaiser said:

Take into account you got the kill for the "Tick" of damage that finished him off.  IE if a ship is on fire, takes a massive strike from main guns and leaves him with 1 Hit Point, your fire "Tick" of damage might have done him in.  Same goes if he was flooding or had multiple fires on him.  Whoever ticks that last bit of damage off get's the kill.

Yes, the arsonist along with it is what has me questioning the entire thing.