Sign in to follow this  
iDuckman

What's the name of this blasted book?

6 comments in this topic

[WOLF3]
Members
6,468 posts
2,414 battles

A few years ago I read a book about the relationship between foreign commerce (trade) and naval power.  It spotlights battles over several centuries, including the Anglo-Dutch Wars.  But for the life of me I can't remember or find the name of it.

Help, please?

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,176 battles
2 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

A few years ago I read a book about the relationship between foreign commerce (trade) and naval power.  It spotlights battles over several centuries, including the Anglo-Dutch Wars.  But for the life of me I can't remember or find the name of it.

Help, please?

The Influence of Sea Power Upon History by Alfred Thayer Mahan? That is the only one that comes to mind with that discripton. 

[WOLF3]
Members
6,468 posts
2,414 battles

That's the title that kept coming to my mind, too.  But I was convinced that it was not written by Mahan.  Maybe that's my error.  Book should be in the public domain.  I'll go look at it.

Thanks.

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,443 battles
12 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Help, please?

https://www.google.com/search?q=a+book+about+the+relationship+between+foreign+commerce+(trade)+and+naval+power.&oq=a+book+about+the+relationship+between+foreign+commerce+(trade)+and+naval+power.&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i64l2&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Sign in to follow this