You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BlitzFalcon109

Missouri Removal Makes No Sense

114 comments in this topic

[FTWRK]
Members
560 posts
3,502 battles

Given reason by WG: they don't want more than 2 free xp ships on the market.

Where is the logic in that? Like saying they have to remove to UK BB line for the French BB line. Since when does new ships mean old ships should be removed? So completely stupid and illogical.

Can we just all admit it is because it makes too much silver and WG want to skin us for more? There is ZERO other rational here. Saying you want to limit free xp ships arbitrarily is not a real reason.

Never buying free xp or silver ever again until that ship comes back and stays were it should. Period. Endlessly disappointing.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 7

[HINON]
Members
9,059 posts

No sense?  Sure there is. It's called marketing and economics. 

• Bad 1

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,268 posts
2,029 battles

Possibly because they want to slow down the Missouri spam at tier IX?

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,192 battles
7 minutes ago, BlitzFalcon109 said:

Where is the logic in that? Like saying they have to remove to UK BB line for the French BB line. Since when does new ships mean old ships should be removed? So completely stupid and illogical.

Can we just all admit it is because it makes too much silver and WG want to skin us for more? There is ZERO other rational here. Saying you want to limit free xp ships arbitrarily is not a real reason.

Never buying free xp or silver ever again until that ship comes back and stays were it should. Period. Endlessly disappointing.

So what we're you expecting?  That they would just go our an say "this ship breaks the in-game economy so we are removing it."? That is the reason it was removed. Also we got a great ship as a successor, Musashi prints xp like Missouri printed credits. Also not buying anything else? Good for you now use the search bar so you can not spam the forums with the same topic.

• Bad 1

Members
411 posts

Yeah, they’re a business. You wouldnt have a problem with it if you owned it. You’re just coming off as a whiny child who hasn’t gotten his way.

It’s just game why you heff to be mad.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,453 battles
24 minutes ago, BlitzFalcon109 said:

you act as though they did not prepare you for this for MONTHS so You could get moving on getting it....
I got mine a while ago, before they even said they were getting rid of it cause it prints all the money you need to buy stuff you need...
Stop acting like WG screwed you when in all reality you just screwed yourself for not getting it...
AND it this is not a ran based on you not getting it in time then I have nothing else to say... that is just plain silly.. and if you have one already.... man you need work on your trolling ...

[FTWRK]
Members
560 posts
3,502 battles
14 minutes ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

So what we're you expecting?  That they would just go our an say "this ship breaks the in-game economy so we are removing it."? That is the reason it was removed. Also we got a great ship as a successor, Musashi prints xp like Missouri printed credits. Also not buying anything else?

Doesn't break crap; just saved wallets from being broken for the retardation of buying silver. Who gives a F about XP? All it does it make you consume silver even faster which either requires you to PAY MORE or just wait till you grind silver.

And it only works that way for everyone who didn't get the ship in time. If you have the ship you sound like a a complete pathetic shill and you should shove off.

Good for you now use the search bar so you can not spam the forums with the same topic.

I can post whatever I wish on the forum. I think you need to just stay off other peoples logical problems with Sh1t WG policey and go be a pathetic shill somewhere else. Maybe you cans search those topics also and go do that.

MOST intelligent people would say LOTS of people making a post on the same topic is saying something.

• Bad 3

[MIA-A]
Members
2,148 posts
6,836 battles
26 minutes ago, Phoenix_jz said:

I think this is likely a more relevant reason than anything to do with the credit printing or any other reasons.

It's not really good for the game if a huge percentage of people are all playing the same ship.

[STW-N]
Alpha Tester
369 posts
2,240 battles

The translation if WG was honest with us is "It was making too much credits and we needed to remove it".

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,192 battles
19 minutes ago, BlitzFalcon109 said:

MOST intelligent people would say LOTS of people making a post on the same topic is saying something.

Your right, MOST people are like you. Self-entitled little babys  who throw a big hissy fit when things don't go their way. On that you are correct. The intelligent ones will just laugh at the sheer amount of self-entitlement you have. 

Edited by Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,837 posts
9,956 battles
45 minutes ago, BlitzFalcon109 said:

Can we just all admit it is because it makes too much silver and WG want to skin us for more?

Nope, never, nah nah, not in your entire life ......... no more rant post on MO remove .. WoWs given more then enough warning time to every player who would like to get the MO before she removed. WoWs also preparing players by giving bit of information way early prior to the .72 update ... so get over it.

As for the above, you earn enough credit by playing any other ships, if you are micro managing the credit flow. If you cant, then it not WoWs fault, it yours

If you had high tier, t9/t10, YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT THEY EAT CREDIT LIKE CRAZY and should had a plan to support this play, IT IS HOW THE DEVELOPER design it. IT THEIR GAME, for you to play, preparing yourself for it, instead cry like a baby. If you don't know that by getting to t9/t10, then something really wrong, yourself.

51 minutes ago, BlitzFalcon109 said:

Saying you want to limit free xp ships arbitrarily is not a real reason.

This what make FreeXP ships special. Again, it your fault for not getting the MO prior to her removal when WoWs gave players notices PLENTY OF TIME

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,335 posts
6,609 battles
22 minutes ago, BlitzFalcon109 said:

Given how fast people are when it comes to complaining, and how slow they are when it is about expressing thankfullness, no, it doesn‘t say anything.

How often do you see people here making a positive thread about anything? How often do you see people making negative threads? If we used this as a sole indicator, this game would be dead by now as the complaints by far outweight the positive feedback in terms of numbers.

55 minutes ago, BlitzFalcon109 said:

Just like WG rotates Premium ships. Do you complain every time when WG rotates Premiums, and feel the need to announce a boycott? 

[THROW]
Members
200 posts
3,951 battles

It’s marketing, people rarely get Missouri without converting a ton of freexp, removing it reduces the supply from now on and therefore people will be inclined to buy it before it’s gone. Also because it’s better than Musashi and more people will get musashi if the Missouri is gone

[SYN]
Members
4,550 posts
11,437 battles

It's not like WG didn't give several months worth of advance notice that the Missouri was going away.  The entire period that she was available was more than enough time to grind for it.

With just a Standard Account and with no converted Free XP I was still able to get mine about a month ago.  It was simply a matter of saving Free XP, and smart use of XP boosting signals and camos.  If you didn't get yours, well, sorry.

At any rate, for the period of time that's she's been on the NA server the Missouri has become the third most oft-played Tier IX ship in the game, second only to the Iowa and Fletcher, and beating out other ships that have been in the game far longer.  The Missouri spam was getting real.  Something had to be done.

Members
3,828 posts
14,189 battles
2 hours ago, BlitzFalcon109 said:

Personally, I don't think that you're missing anything. I picked up not so Mighty Mo the day before she went bye-bye and I'm not impressed with her. I do much better with Alabama.

[HMFIC]
[HMFIC]
Beta Testers
50 posts
6,196 battles
2 hours ago, BlitzFalcon109 said:

Doesn't break crap; just saved wallets from being broken for the retardation of buying silver. Who gives a F about XP? All it does it make you consume silver even faster which either requires you to PAY MORE or just wait till you grind silver.

And now you understand WG business model.

[FTWRK]
Members
560 posts
3,502 battles
2 hours ago, SireneRacker said:

Given how fast people are when it comes to complaining, and how slow they are when it is about expressing thankfullness, no, it doesn‘t say anything.

How often do you see people here making a positive thread about anything? How often do you see people making negative threads? If we used this as a sole indicator, this game would be dead by now as the complaints by far outweight the positive feedback in terms of numbers.

Just like WG rotates Premium ships. Do you complain every time when WG rotates Premiums, and feel the need to announce a boycott? 

What a ridiculous sentiment. We are CUSTOMERS. We show our gratitude by paying for the entirety of the game. If we didn't it wouldn't exist. We don't owe them anything less. If we are upset and don't want to pay for something WG should be thanking us profusely for taking to time to tell them why they are earning less than they could have.  The day they pay us to play their game or it is 100% free we will shower them with praise. Otherwise they don't want our praise. They want $$. 

There are only 2 things that developers that can do that should be admonished and not supported by any customer anywhere with an ounce of intelligence and self respect.

1. Ridiculously over charging and trying to screw the customer over; there is an ethical limit. Removing Missouri is huge for that reason alone. If you don't have it you could pay a stupid amount for the missed silver over the years. Ridiculous unethical pay imbalance in the game  between players with and without Miss. And a just way overcharging more in reality.

2. Removing content or enacting unnecessary changes that ruin content.

Removing Missouri hits both points. The ship could be sh!t on a stick and the fact it earns the most silver alone makes it a necessary commodity for any long term player.

Now I will NEVER convert free xp. Becuase I will never buy the junk Nelson and Musashi that don't earn as much.

And instead of playing into the ploy of paying more for silver than I would have if I had gotten Missouri I will now NEVER EVER get silver no matter what. Nor will I even want to play as much making it even less likely I ever give WG anything ever.

What is pathetic is shills would rather support the fact they are getting ripped off to a ridiculous degree and even willing buy [edited] reasons for changes and defending WG when their wallet is the ultimate loser. What I get even less is people who act like they are somehow making a point when they say they don't care about their wallet. Doesn't make it any less stupid or unethical.

Edited by BlitzFalcon109
  • Boring 1

[HMFIC]
[HMFIC]
Beta Testers
50 posts
6,196 battles

Wow, you really have a grasp of their business model, you just to realize it.  What you stated is exactly how they make money.  If they don't make money you won't have to worry about converting free XP or buying silver. 

[FTWRK]
Members
560 posts
3,502 battles
6 minutes ago, SnukeMouse said:

Wow, you really have a grasp of their business model, you just to realize it.  What you stated is exactly how they make money.  If they don't make money you won't have to worry about converting free XP or buying silver. 

They make plenty of money without doing something this low.

They are completely lying about the reasoning they are removing a ship. And they have to.

Because if they admitted it was being removed because it made silver that means anyone who didn't get it would be overpaying FOR THE SAME game vs someone else for the same stuff long term. Fundamentally unequal and unethical.

So everyone else is suppose to be like, "yea cool we are the dumb arses who will pay more indefinitely now just because WG decided to screw us?"

Yea I doubt that actually would go over well. Thus why I'm ticked and swearing to NEVER pay them anything for silver ever.

Edited by BlitzFalcon109
  • Boring 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,895 posts
1,338 battles

Missouri printed too much silver.  Silver is hard to monetize.  Musashi prints XP like Missouri did silver.  Takes doubloons/cash to convert those piles of XP.  That's why MO Money was replaced.  

Companies like to make money.  They're not removing the ship for people who have her in the port already, but they're going to stop putting her out there.  Company's prerogative to offer for sale, as well as remove from sale.

The rest is just whining that the company didn't do what you wanted.  You don't run or own the company.  Get over it.

If you think that's too much of a cash grab for you to stomach, you may leave at any time. It is your choice.  No one is holding a gun to your head. 

(i.e. put your money where your mouth is and leave...or quit whining and play.  Just wasting time and bandwidth.)

Edited by mavfin87

Beta Testers
53 posts
5,093 battles

I just have to ask, they told people that they were going to remove it, gave ample time for people to get it. Do we really have to hear you complain because you missed out on the bus.

[PVE]
Members
1,609 posts
6,769 battles
3 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

No sense?  Sure there is. It's called marketing and economics. 

There is marketing and then there is economics, there is a way of marketing things in such a way so that it is not a disguised money grab as in the panic they created whereby players were frantically trying to earn enough FXP to buy it otherwise they were trying to justify the amount of money they were going to have to spend to do a conversion. Improving their own economics at the expense of the players in game is not readily a good economic strategy.

3 hours ago, Phoenix_jz said:

This is possible, however, they will never admit it.

2 hours ago, A_FIELD_MARSHAL said:

The translation if WG was honest with us is "It was making too much credits and we needed to remove it".

That seems to be where many have some difficulty with the excuses they gave for the removal, it would have set better with everyone if for once WG came clean about things and just owned up to the real reason for removal.

There seemed to be a constant complaint by players that they were out of silver and looking at ways of improving their own income. Having or not having enough XP or FXP was never the issue. By taking away the ability of earning it in buckets then comes the possibility that some have to revert back to converting to have it re: buying it, oh wait, another money grab.

By limiting the amount of players that are able to earn massive amounts of credits through the removal of the MO, I'm curious as to how much WG thinks they may gain through the conversion or sale of credits by those that did not purchase the MO.

The removal excuse still does not fly....you had one that earned credits and another that earns XP, yet WG claimed they could not have two ships at the same tier for FXP, where was the similarity? Other than both being tier 9 and both being BB's.

By the way, no whining or crying here, I bought one, right now its a port queen, my comments here is just yakking and trying to do it in a nice way without being a shitter or a fan bois, some of you should try it. 

• Cool 2

[CAST]
Members
1,215 posts
7,414 battles

Many companies change items they distribute and the terms of distribution.  Every decision is evaluated to see if it fits the model that generates the best return.  Customer satisfaction is part of the return calculation, because they don't want to lose customers.  WG obviously felt the distribution of the Missouri no longer met their requirements.  Maybe the number of players buying it was down.  Maybe it was generating too many credits.  They do have the right to remove it and they did give plenty of notice so that players could still save up and get it.  They didn't just blindside everyone with instant removal.  There will be a few that won't have the chance to own it, either because they started playing the game too late, or they just aren't a high enough volume player to generate the FreeXP in time.  That's unfortunate, because it is a great ship to own.  But it isn't the be all to end all.  Its just a free premium ship that you had to earn.  You can get a free premium ship by getting the Musashi. It just doesn't earn the same credit value.  Doesn't make it a bad ship for earning.  Its just not as good as the Missouri.  The Musashi won't cost you credits to play unless you have a really bad game.  So, for players that can't get the Missouri, get the Musashi and have fun with your free XP ship.