You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Wye_So_Serious

Blanket nerf BBs

101 comments in this topic

[LUCK]
Members
1,306 posts
19,581 battles

No, don't mess with the guns or armor. Don't mess with citadels. If they one-shot a cruiser, good on them.

Reduce damage control, repairs and effectiveness of repairs. If you still want to play BB and sustain the damage without all the survivability go ahead.

Too many BBs nowadays.

EDIT: added picture - really?!

toomanybbs.jpg

Edited by hofmannsc
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 28
  • Angry 3

[FTWRK]
Members
560 posts
3,502 battles

Too many BBs nowadays.

Rofl... Dude they just released a new BB line everyone is playing. It give it a month or so.

And just play a DD or CV and laugh at the BBs.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

[HINON]
Members
9,030 posts

Overreact much? Seriously there is nothing in your post supporting the need for drastic nerfs to bbs. Make a logical case.

Edited by RipNuN2
  • Cool 1

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,176 battles
4 minutes ago, hofmannsc said:

Reduce damage control, repairs and effectiveness of repairs. If you still want to play BB and sustain the damage without all the survivability go ahead.

So make them useless? Thanks DD main. Would you also like HE removed from cruisers as well? Or submarines? Because that is how stupid your idea is.

• Cool 2

[LUCK]
Members
1,306 posts
19,581 battles
10 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Overreact much? Seriously there is nothing in your post supporting the need for drastic nerfs to bbs. Make a logical case.

At this point in the game, there is no logic, so why should I start?

• Cool 1
  • Bad 5

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
16 minutes ago, hofmannsc said:

No, don't mess with the guns or armor. Don't mess with citadels. If they one-shot a cruiser, good on them.

Too many BBs nowadays.

Rather than releasing gimmicky craplike DWT, AP bombs and the Yet-Another-DWT Asashio, I'd rather see them just straight up remove torpedo damage reduction from BBs and put crapback how it was. Some lines are okay now others have 50% which is just stupid and it makes torpedoes even more inconsistent than they already are by nature.

• Bad 3

Members
974 posts
1,871 battles
4 minutes ago, w4spl3g said:

I'd rather see them just straight up remove torpedo damage reduction from BBs

and make it so one we take one torpedo from a IJN DD we are out of the fight for the rest of the battle. The only time I ever take torpedo hits is when I'm pushing up and fighting you know what I'm supposed to do in a BB. Now refusing TD to be around 30-40% I'm fine with but don't remove it completely 

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,443 battles
32 minutes ago, hofmannsc said:

Too many BBs nowadays.

MOhfB3W.gif

• Funny 2

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

Just shift the rewards of playing a battleship away from damage and toward tanking. Make it so a lot of damage makes you less than a moderate amount of tanking.

• Cool 1

[KNMSU]
Members
3,368 posts
3,975 battles
2 minutes ago, Elegant_Winter said:

Maybe we should buff battleships?

I think this is a logical course of action, and, really, our only option moving forward.

giphy.gif

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[LUCK]
Members
1,306 posts
19,581 battles
37 minutes ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

So make them useless?

basically, I don't have a problem with that. That would be more historically accurate.

• Bad 5

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,176 battles
2 minutes ago, hofmannsc said:

basically, I don't have a problem with that. That would be more historically accurate.

Well you have just proven your stupidity. 

• Cool 2

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
6 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_Kongo said:

I think this is a logical course of action, and, really, our only option moving forward.

giphy.gif

Undeniably.

u0XkurJ.png

• Cool 2

[INTEL]
Members
796 posts
8,293 battles
59 minutes ago, hofmannsc said:

Too many BBs nowadays.

Great idea, because we dont have enough BB's sailing around in the back, we need more of it....

[LUCK]
Members
1,306 posts
19,581 battles
1 minute ago, Ares1967 said:

Great idea, because we dont have enough BB's sailing around in the back, we need more of it....

easier to find them in one spot and burn them down. It just takes too long as it is now.

[TBOW]
Members
261 posts
3,849 battles
1 hour ago, hofmannsc said:

Too many BBs nowadays.

13 minutes ago, hofmannsc said:

easier to find them in one spot and burn them down. It just takes too long as it is now.

Git_gud_for_cruisers.png

• Cool 2

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,250 posts
1,836 battles
21 minutes ago, hofmannsc said:

What ratio of ships do you think would be good in each match.  As you reference the historical lack of use BBs got do you think we should be looking at 1 CV, 1 BB, 3 CA/CLs and 10 DDs or should we be looking at something more CA/CL centric?  Would that be more fun for you?  Are you sure*?  Why do you think it would be more fun?

*I've been in a Tier V match that was 100% cruisers.  It was boring.

[SYN]
Members
4,547 posts
11,437 battles

Too many BBs nowadays.

Because a brand-new battleship line didn't just come out...

:fish_palm:

Beta Testers
621 posts

Too many BBs nowadays.

Not really, there's a DD over population if any, every game I have seems to be at least 8 DD if not more.

[CASUL]
Members
255 posts
3,572 battles

BB dispersion:

giphy.gif

Cruiser lands one shell:

giphy.gif

• Cool 3
  • Funny 6

Members
1,610 posts
3,573 battles

Riiiggghhhhttttt.  The ships spotted at the farthest away,  with the least ability to dodge, are the slowest,  that are the size of city blocks,  that light on fire like dry kindling.  

If anything I think all cruiser lines need to start off with repair party.  Its my favorite part of the RN line of cruisers,  the ability to recoup at least SOME of your lost hit points.