You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
1SneakyDevil

Suffering Through Bottom Tier

8 comments in this topic

[5D5]
Members
2,296 posts
14,427 battles

When MM throws you lemons make some great tasting lemonade!!!

So for all those posting rant threads about being bottom tier you don't need to be some sort of unicum to impact the match. Know your ship, adapt your play style, continue to assess the situation (right click constantly and look at your mini-map) and go kick some [edited].

Sincerely 

An average player

mwpmqt.jpg

2628bwp.jpg

rtg47t.jpg

[-BRS-]
Members
1,649 posts
13,668 battles

That's good match

Oh I don't disagree that you can have an impact and you can have a good game but for the new players if you don't have experience that's the real problem I think

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
4,438 posts
9,620 battles

I have dozens of screenshots that are my #1 position on my team with a bottom tier ship.  Having the bottom tier in a match does not make you useless.

Edited by desmo_2
  • Cool 1

Members
831 posts
1,260 battles
3 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

I have dozens of screenshots that are my #1 position on my team with a low tier ship.  Having the low tier in a match does not make you useless.

This, low tiers are fun to play (especially when clubbing)

[O_O]
Members
4,438 posts
9,620 battles
2 minutes ago, MeKanism said:

This, low tiers are fun to play (especially when clubbing)

I meant bottom tier, not low tier.  As in, I have the lowest tier ship in that match.  I keep track of games played at Tiers 5-8, how many of those games I was bottom tier, and my results when bottom tier.

Members
98 posts
3,471 battles

I Don't really mind being bottom tiered for T5-7. Heck, I've even fail divisioned in a Kuma and gotten first place before. The lower tiers aren't that bad for tier differences once you learn what you're doing.

When playing through NO & Edin, The biggest issue I found when bottom tiered is facing cruisers with repair party, or simply not having the range to engage enemies on higher tier maps.

In all of this,  I just see this as a part of the game. You get shat on some times, but eventually you'll be a T10 ripping up T8's.

What goes around, comes around.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,727 posts
9,120 battles
18 minutes ago, silverdahc said:

That's good match

Oh I don't disagree that you can have an impact and you can have a good game but for the new players if you don't have experience that's the real problem I think

Personally I believe that tier 5 is the wrong tier to learn to be bottom in three tier matches. It is a very steep learning curve going from tier 4 to tier 5 and you need to bring a different attitude to being bottom tier in three tier matches then you needed to bring up to that point. Bottom tier in three tier matches tends to be more of a problem for the BB's because they are often not only out ranged they are often much slower than the higher tiers.

Members
831 posts
1,260 battles
2 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

I meant bottom tier, not low tier.  As in, I have the lowest tier ship in that match.  I keep track of games played at Tiers 5-8, how many of those games I was bottom tier, and my results when bottom tier.

I see. No wonder why i was confused when you mentioning a tier 6. My mistake