You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BullpupWOT

Unless I'm missing it, why can't we...?

21 comments in this topic

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles

In console tanks, I can send messages to players, friends, etc (Xbox messaging system) during or post game.  There is no in-game type chat. 

I'm not seeing/finding a way to message players. I know this function could lead to a lot of problems/bad blood, but I really wanted to message a friendly I torped last night to apologize and explain my miscalculation of clearance and his intended route. 

I didn't have time to put it in chat as the battle took all my focus...the best I could do was send him a Karma point for his troubles. I didn't kill him, but he was the only ship that died on our team because I torped 40k off of him. 

[HINON]
Supertester
19,247 posts
12,793 battles

Add them to your friends list, send them a message. Or right-click their name in the post-battle result window, add to contacts, then send them a message.

• Cool 2

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles
Just now, Lert said:

Add them to your friends list, send them a message. Or right-click their name in the post-battle result window, add to contacts, then send them a message.

Thank you...too late now, but now I'll know for future.  Appreciate it. 

[-S-R-]
Members
326 posts
7,326 battles

Nothing in game outside of the normal chat.  In port, you can message him directly through the chat as long as you remember his name.  You can search for him/her and send a PM.

Edit: @Lert's way is better.

Edited by TheCompGuy25
  • Cool 1

Members
9,984 posts
4 minutes ago, BullpupWOT said:

In console tanks, I can send messages to players, friends, etc (Xbox messaging system) during or post game.  There is no in-game type chat. 

I'm not seeing/finding a way to message players. I know this function could lead to a lot of problems/bad blood, but I really wanted to message a friendly I torped last night to apologize and explain my miscalculation of clearance and his intended route. 

I didn't have time to put it in chat as the battle took all my focus...the best I could do was send him a Karma point for his troubles. I didn't kill him, but he was the only ship that died on our team because I torped 40k off of him. 

This isn't WOT....most players don't want you private messaging them simply because you screwed up. The only place you can do this is port chat. Private messages in port chat have been messed up for months, and cause any chat windows you have open to rearrange themselves.

Stuff happens, most players aren't going to care unless you make a habit of it....

Edited by awiggin

Members
1,640 posts
7,482 battles
55 minutes ago, awiggin said:

most players don't want you private messaging them simply because you screwed up

Actually, I think you'll find a sincere apology will go far further then you think.

• Cool 2

Members
519 posts
3,390 battles
1 hour ago, awiggin said:

Stuff happens, most players aren't going to care unless you make a habit of it....

Then again you have those players who will blame the friendly for not paying attention to their torps ..

16 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

Actually, I think you'll find a sincere apology will go far further then you think.

Yes'm..

[RKLES]
Members
7,229 posts
9,013 battles
54 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

And if it does not work out too well then a Sincere Apology as well as a gift of Doubloons, some premium time, or a premium ship would likely be a warmly accepted apology...

:Smile_teethhappy: 

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles
44 minutes ago, khorender_1 said:

Then again you have those players who will blame the friendly for not paying attention to their torps ..

Yes'm..

Actually completely my fault, that's why I wanted to message. He was in front of me to my left in a North Carolina. He was moving slightly away from me on an angle left as we approached an island that had two cruisers behind and moving to come out. I thought he was going to continue left and I could launch to pass the torps to his right. I wasn't expected him to turn broadside to my torp path and also the cruisers as the island was cleared. I thought at most there was a chance he would angle right but not perpendicular. I never should have launched and took a poorly calculated risk. I wanted to send a sincere apology even if I got berated in return. 

• Cool 2

Members
519 posts
3,390 battles
2 minutes ago, BullpupWOT said:

Actually completely my fault, that's why I wanted to message. He was in front of me to my left in a North Carolina. He was moving slightly away from me on an angle left as we approached an island that had two cruisers behind and moving to come out. I thought he was going to continue left and I could launch to pass the torps to his right. I wasn't expected him to turn broadside to my torp path and also the cruisers as the island was cleared. I thought at most there was a chance he would angle right but not perpendicular. I never should have launched and took a poorly calculated risk. I wanted to send a sincere apology even if I got berated in return. 

Which is commendable and I try to do the same when I make mistakes, I was referring to those players who actually blame others for their mistakes..

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles
Just now, khorender_1 said:

Which is commendable and I try to do the same when I make mistakes, I was referring to those players who actually blame others for their mistakes..

Understood...relating my story actually makes me feel like I'm taking responsibility for my poor team play...since I can't really apologize to the person at this point. 

• Cool 2

[TDG]
Members
1,196 posts
6,037 battles
17 minutes ago, BullpupWOT said:

Understood...relating my story actually makes me feel like I'm taking responsibility for my poor team play...since I can't really apologize to the person at this point. 

Which is a good thing.

Next battle is 1000 for you as I type this.  Congratulations!

I ran into a torp in my Akizuki.  The sender apologized.  I indicated that it was my fault.  (That was it in Chat.  I had heard the warning and was maneuvering against Reds.  I didn't look when I had the chance, and I did not react aggressively enough when I did.  I survived that match, but low health for the rest of it.)

[SALVO]
Members
17,110 posts
17,776 battles

I don't want players who are in battles sending chat messages to those outside of the battle.  I want them focusing on the battle at hand.

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles
22 minutes ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

Which is a good thing.

Next battle is 1000 for you as I type this.  Congratulations!

I ran into a torp in my Akizuki.  The sender apologized.  I indicated that it was my fault.  (That was it in Chat.  I had heard the warning and was maneuvering against Reds.  I didn't look when I had the chance, and I did not react aggressively enough when I did.  I survived that match, but low health for the rest of it.)

About that...I don't like that the battle count on here (forum) includes PvP and PvE.  My Random count is only somewhere in the 600s.

17 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I don't want players who are in battles sending chat messages to those outside of the battle.  I want them focusing on the battle at hand.

Which is exactly why I wanted to send it afterward. I only find limited chances to use chat at all in battle because I'm concentrating. 

[TDG]
Members
1,196 posts
6,037 battles
43 minutes ago, BullpupWOT said:

About that...I don't like that the battle count on here (forum) includes PvP and PvE.  My Random count is only somewhere in the 600s.

All battles count.  I was a bit surprised when I figured it out myself.

By the way, my first name is Clark :cap_like:

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles
Just now, YeOldeTraveller said:

All battles count.  I was a bit surprised when I figured it out myself.

By the way, my first name is Clark :cap_like:

Do you develop non-nutritive cereal varnishes?

[TDG]
Members
1,196 posts
6,037 battles
10 minutes ago, BullpupWOT said:

Do you develop non-nutritive cereal varnishes?

I can neither confirm nor deny the assertion.

:cap_cool:

• Cool 1

Members
1,640 posts
7,482 battles
11 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

And if it does not work out too well then a Sincere Apology as well as a gift of Doubloons, some premium time, or a premium ship would likely be a warmly accepted apology...

:Smile_teethhappy: 

I would certainly accept an Alabama-Apology or a Sims-Sorry.

Beta Testers
52 posts
586 battles
17 hours ago, BullpupWOT said:

Aside from a bit of raging, he did receive a small compensation for his troubles.  I usually type a quick sorry then move on.  Most ppl are fine especially when they see the apology.  Only bad thing is you may wind up pink if you do it too much.  

[O_O]
Members
4,427 posts
9,599 battles
15 hours ago, BullpupWOT said:

Which is exactly why I wanted to send it afterward. I only find limited chances to use chat at all in battle because I'm concentrating. 

You can do this (and I think the other player would actually have appreciated it).

Note the player's name you want to message.  If you forget, when you get back to port you can click the little "i" box in the very bottom right corner.  Click "battles", then choose the battle he was in.  You can get back to the team screen and see all players' names.

Back to port, go to the little orange box with three dots at the very bottom left of your screen.  Click on that.  On the bottom of the box that opens, one side says "+ Add Player" and the other side has a magnifying glass.  Click the magnifying glass.  Start typing the name of the player until you see the name on the menu.  Left click the name and you can send him a message in port.

[RKLES]
Members
7,229 posts
9,013 battles
10 hours ago, Akeno017 said:

I would certainly accept an Alabama-Apology or a Sims-Sorry.

Lol right now I would just hope for Graf Spee or 2,800 Doubloons which is all I need to get a Graf Spee since I have 1,900 Doubloons currently, but can’t buy any more.