You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
cometguy

The Agony

22 comments in this topic

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

If this isn't going to get it done today, then I don't know what will. Guess I'll try again tomorrow.

Spoiler

ljiLRSA.jpg

But when a CV takes a, b, and c, then something has gone horribly wrong.

WFzy9K5.jpg

Gh70EDB.jpg

yGghWne.jpg

• Funny 1

[PSP]
Members
6,262 posts
8,901 battles

Wow! Good job there. 8 ships and 76 planes. Too bad you had a bad team.

Just curious -- how do you down an allied aircraft? 

Members
1,697 posts
7,233 battles
1 minute ago, Snargfargle said:

This happens when you strafe.

Members
1,719 posts
3,130 battles

How's your back? It must suck to a carry a team as hard as you did only to lose.

Members
1,697 posts
7,233 battles
5 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Ah. Thanks.

I don’t regret buying Saipan and Kaga for a second.  I don’t normally play carriers, but I do take them out few times a week.  Playing those two CVs gave me an invaluable insight into how CVs play in general, and now CV players have my respect and understanding.  You will not hear me say sky cancer or complain about CVs or lack of air cover in game.  Having said that, I do not consider getting T10 CV any time in the foreseeable future.

Edited by Ramsalot

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
8 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

The ryujo was as, and had all 3 squadrons in a dogfight with the friendly CV. When there was 1 plane left, I strafed them all. 1 friendly for 10 enemy.

[-BSS-]
Members
484 posts
2,927 battles
2 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

I don’t regret buying Saipan and Kaga for a second.  I don’t normally play carriers, but I do take them out few times a week.  Playing those two CVs gave me an invaluable insight into how CVs play in general, and now CV players have my respect and understanding.  You will not hear me say sky cancer or complain about CVs or lack of air cover in game.  Having said that, I do not consider getting T10 CV any time in the foreseeable future.

*Holy sounding tenor note*

Thanks for understanding how difficult it is (starting my grind up the IJN tree), with 1 fighter squadron, life is hard, especially if our Ranger is dead and it is against OP get out of jail free Saipan (against Ryujo at least).

[RLGN]
Members
8,252 posts
17,271 battles
39 minutes ago, cometguy said:

If this isn't going to get it done today, then I don't know what will. Guess I'll try again tomorrow.

Reveal hidden contents

ljiLRSA.jpg

But when a CV takes a, b, and c, then something has gone horribly wrong.

WFzy9K5.jpg

Gh70EDB.jpg

yGghWne.jpg

Good job.

Why the (redacted) does it seem like such carrier drivers are always on the other team?

[-HON-]
Beta Testers
375 posts
9,535 battles

Sorry I had to laugh as I was listening to NPR on the radio talking about schadenfreude, and I had just got out of a battle where I was King of the Potatoes, again.

Your team makes my team look like unicoms.

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
15 minutes ago, xXxRCADDICT said:

WOW I do not even have words for that. Was the rest of your team AFK?

A lot of very bad shots. Only 6k in spotting damage, and it wasn't for a lack of spotting. Fighters were constantly intercepting bombers, and keeping them at bay, which also kept the reds lit up.

Edited by cometguy

[JUICE]
Members
819 posts
6,369 battles

All I can say is random battles have been horrible since the French BB line came out. It may just be me, bad RNG or something more but every battle is a curb stomp for one side or the other.

The games that I am on the winning side of end with very little damage as they are over so fast and it is even worse damage wise if I am on the loosing side of the battle.

At least you can hold your head high after that loss you posted. It still makes you go wth? That was a damn fine job though!

[WOLF1]
Members
619 posts
12,934 battles

AAAAAAAaand you wonder why players hate CVS especially new players getting dumpsterd on by experienced CV drivers using alt attacks while your AA is garbage and doesn't shoot down a plane.  Bust out the doritos and mountain dew cometguy. :Smile_teethhappy:

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,757 posts
4,573 battles

I wonder if being bad shots is amplified by cowering shooting at max range all the bloddy time...

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
10 minutes ago, knice_destroyer said:

AAAAAAAaand you wonder why players hate CVS especially new players getting dumpsterd on by experienced CV drivers using alt attacks while your AA is garbage and doesn't shoot down a plane.  Bust out the doritos and mountain dew cometguy. :Smile_teethhappy:

Haha, Friday was tough sledding, while everyone was running the shoot down 30 planes mission. It seems a lot could be done to bring down CVs by giving players the proper motivation.

[HINON]
Members
9,019 posts

Wow impressive and you had more base xp by a large margin than anyone on the winning team in a CV.

[SANK]
Members
127 posts
4,795 battles

I have seen a lot of poor play this weekend, from BBs nose in to (humping) islands in Neighbors trying to act like cruisers, to yoloing, to rushing with poor map position.

I honestly think it has to do with the missions and campaigns encouraging poor play just to get them complete instead of just playing the game and letting them come together.

[JUICE]
Members
819 posts
6,369 battles
16 minutes ago, cometguy said:

Haha, Friday was tough sledding, while everyone was running the shoot down 30 planes mission. It seems a lot could be done to bring down CVs by giving players the proper motivation.

30 minutes ago, knice_destroyer said:

I don't hate good CVs I hate bad CVs the skill gap is the problem with them. I have seen CVs using the auto attack at tier 10! Nerfing the tier 4 and 5 CV to auto attack only was the worst thing they ever did to that line. Now you get CV drivers that go all the way up the line and never figure out how to do a manual drop. I do not know what the answer to that is but something needs to be done about it.

[R-F1]
Beta Testers
1,868 posts
6,855 battles

when you're not only the highest scoring person on your own team, but also score higher than the losing team, that's when you know you got stuck in a match where both team's were composed of nothing but a bunch of monkey's flinging poo at a wall and hoping some of it will stick.

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,735 posts
3,490 battles

But comet, the other 11 people on your team were just having fun! Do you really expect them to know how to play the game they downloaded? That seems an awful lot to ask! Why do you believe their fun is less important than yours?

/s