You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Perriwen

Missouri Ship peculiarities change...is WG removing it entirely?

93 comments in this topic

[TOG]
Members
3,241 posts
17,054 battles

Consider all the factors:

1. Premium account

2. Clan benefit where you  have a 10% discount

3. flags where you have a 10% discount

4. T5-T7 where you make money even w/o factors 1-3

Add all those up and you can make money consistently . At T8-T10, you break even, or a small profit if you're on the losing side.  

[HINON]
Supertester
20,301 posts
13,793 battles
10 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

You know what? Take this statement and shove it, since it has nothing to do with what I posted.

But since we both know WG only cares about money, their bottom line would be stupid not to bring the ship back for limited time sales because of the aforementioned fame and popularity. Saying they'll never sell an extremely popular and historically significant $110 ship ever again is what's fantasy, here.

1) WG cares nothing about how historically significant a ship is. If they did, it wouldn't have taken years of pressure from the community and Pigeon of War himself to get us Enterprise. If they did we would have Haida instead of Cossack. If they did we wouldn't have Kronshtadt, Nikolai, etc. So that's the fantasy.

2) It's a $110 ship that doesn't cost $110. I'm willing to bet that the vast majority of people got it for less than that. I myself got Musashi for like $30.

3) It's a ship that solves all your credit problems forever, to the point where anyone who has Missouri wouldn't even need to run premium time anymore, nor need to buy any other premium ships to farm credits with.

Missouri damages the economy. It's very simple. You have to be blind not to see that. If Missouri's credit income was not a problem, Musashi would have the same. Missouri's credit income was a mistake, and damages their bottom line.

So, yeah, keep on living in your pink unicorn fantasty that WG gives a flying crap about 'muh history' and 'muh significance'. They don't. They really, really don't. Doesn't matter how rude you are or how much you tell me where to shove what, doesn't change the simple fact that any short-term money they can make having such a blatant mistake for sale comes at the expense of the long term profit.

• Cool 5

[SYN]
Members
4,921 posts
11,844 battles

The Missouri is a tier IX ship, which with just a standard account and no additional credit or XP boosting aids (other than it's own camo), can be used in Co-ops, played very poorly, lose the match, yet still still come out of it with a net credit gain.  That should give some idea of the Missouri's incredible earning prowess.

It is a big reason for its popularity and the fact that it has already become the third most-often played Tier IX ship in the game.  It's a nice situation for an individual player to be in, but ultimately it's bad for the game in the long run.  It is easy to see how the Missouri disincentivizes the use, let alone purchasing, of other premiums.  Maintaining the Missouri's availability was not sustainable, not from a business standpoint.  Not if you want to continue creating demand while maintaining variety and diversity in your product, and staying in business.

Edited by Kuckoo

[SWOB]
Beta Testers
486 posts
3,793 battles
On 3/4/2018 at 10:48 AM, Ducky_shot said:

I'm still waiting for the option to hide the ship in port. We are unable to sell it, so it should have an option to hide it just like the ARP and Dragon Ships.

Reveal hidden contents

:cap_haloween::Smile_hiding:

I thought you sold it for 0.5 credits. :cap_book:

[OO7]
Members
4,000 posts
10,659 battles
18 minutes ago, TheHolySpork said:

I thought you sold it for 0.5 credits. :cap_book:

There is no sell option!!

Members
1,866 posts

Can we roll all the 'no more Missouri" threads into one? I'm glad it's gone for now, there are so [edited] many of them as it is. Please WG, do other premiums for at least 2 years. Yeah, it's great for credits, but you can run a lot of other ships for credits. I have 200 +20% credit flags, and I'm not even sure where they came from, so no worries.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
22,177 posts
3,895 battles
1 minute ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

Can we roll all the 'no more Missouri" threads into one? I'm glad it's gone for now, there are so [edited] many of them as it is. Please WG, do other premiums for at least 2 years. Yeah, it's great for credits, but you can run a lot of other ships for credits. I have 200 +20% credit flags, and I'm not even sure where they came from, so no worries.

Nah. Since it's about a battleship, everyone's complaint needs to be heard individually. That's how things work around here.

• Funny 2

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,611 posts
3 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Nah. Since it's about a battleship, everyone's complaint needs to be heard individually. That's how things work around here.

Nah,  No complaints here I love having her and while it was a pain in the Ying Yang getting her it was the best decision I could have made.................Oh and in the getting I wound up getting the Edinburgh,Benson,No.Carolina and a few other's as well so................:Smile_great::Smile_medal::Smile_coin::Smile_teethhappy:Charge!:Smile_izmena:

Alpha Tester
937 posts
6,822 battles

I don't care if they remove it if they offer compensation .  Hopefully they bring the Alaska as a Tier IX cruiser after the Kronshdadt.  It has all the characteristics of a Tier IX in the game, for speed, armor, gun caliber, and displacement.  The armor is like a cruiser.  It should be a cruiser.  It's really the only new cruiser they need to add.  I cannot wait to get this cruiser at Tier IX as the big money maker - the Tier IX cruiser premium Alaska.

Beta Testers
125 posts
8,045 battles
3 hours ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Difference is those aren't absurdly famous, historically significant ships that have fought in 4 wars and starred in multiple popular films.

Slight Correction, USS Missouri served in 3 wars (WWII, Korean, Gulf War I).  The only BB that served in 4 was the New Jersey, which was the only one active for Vietnam.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
22,177 posts
3,895 battles
Just now, muswp1 said:

Slight Correction, USS Missouri served in 3 wars (WWII, Korean, Gulf War I).  The only BB that served in 4 was the New Jersey, which was the only one active for Vietnam.

My mistake, I thought Missouri was present for Vietnam.

[SYN]
Members
4,921 posts
11,844 battles
1 hour ago, KiyoSenkan said:

And that's what makes your world a fantasy world.

Significance to the playerbase transforms into sales.

Missouri damages the economy? Switch the credit bonus to the premium camo and re-sell it with a different premium camo.

Lots of people didn't pay $110 for it? When you re-sell it, don't give it a free XP purchasing option. Only sell it to players with a tier 10 battleship (any nation) researched.

Option B: When you re-sell it, make the window so narrow that nobody could farm up the FXP in time to get it without spending money. Obviously option A is preferred.

The fantasy you live in is a fantasy where WG hates money, doesn't recognize that famous ships translate into sales, and is unwilling to make any changes to the ship that would A: Not change how it functions for current players and B: Not give new customers the same thing they're claiming is bad (Credit earnings).

:cap_book:

Baffling, why people at WG don't personally come knocking on your door asking for advice on how to run their business.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
22,177 posts
3,895 battles
5 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

:cap_book:

Baffling, why people at WG don't personally come knocking on your door asking for advice on how to run their business.

Oh I see. So we're in "throw logic out the door because obviously the people who run the game are experts and we should blindly trust them to not be incompetent, just look at the past 2 years of evidence!" territory.

[SEOP]
Members
1,511 posts
8,233 battles
On 3/4/2018 at 6:54 AM, Perriwen said:

Previously, if you looked at the Missouri's peculiarities in the 'modules' section, it was the usual premium stuff about more XP and credits.

It now matches the rental ship peculiarities, stating:

"Upon the ship's removal, her xp is transferred to one of the nation's starting ships"

and

"Upon the ship's removal, commander XP is kept."

Is this just a bug? Or did WG forget to tell us something?

unlikely they will remove it as they would end up having to refund a bunch of free EXp to everyone that currently has a MO.  I'd chalk this up to a lack of proof reading or oversight review by whomevers' supervisor.    

Edited by Dr_Dirt

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,162 posts
10,420 battles
On 3/4/2018 at 9:53 AM, awildseaking said:

Missouri is the MMC flag of premiums.

I am finding that I like Alabama better though. 

Members
309 posts
On 04/03/2018 at 11:19 AM, LittleWhiteMouse said:

The amount of damage that ship has done to the in-game economy necessitates its limited availability.

This game has no economy.

An in game economy implies player trade.

The only thing Missouri was damaging was WG's ability to feed their insatiable greed.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,595 posts
10,909 battles
16 hours ago, AlcatrazNC said:

No WG will never remove a ship from the game. They will just remove it from the store, for a certain time / forever.

There are plenty of ship removed from the store you can still face :

Imperator Nikolai

Konig Albert

Kutuzov

Belfast

However if they plan to re introduce the ship ingame expect them to sell this ship at a higher price. Some rumor were spread about Musashi costing 920k free XP because WG thought 750k was "cheap". They decided to sell Musashi at 750k but expect Missouri to be more expensive in the future

Kitakami

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,799 posts
8,343 battles
31 minutes ago, intixw said:

This game has no economy.

An in game economy implies player trade.

It does.  You (the player) trade time (games played) for currency (credits, commander XP, ship XP, free XP, mission unlocks, etc) which you then spend on access to ship and ship abilities you didn't have access to before.

[SEOP]
Members
1,511 posts
8,233 battles
3 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

It does.  You (the player) trade time (games played) for currency (credits, commander XP, ship XP, free XP, mission unlocks, etc) which you then spend on access to ship and ship abilities you didn't have access to before.

I assumed he meant there is no direct player to player exchange of goods.  There's an exchange of goods -- but it is strictly between player and WG.  However, I may be misinterpreting how he is defining "economy".  

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,352 battles
13 minutes ago, paradat said:

Kitakami

That was in Beta; And was removed for many gameplay teasons; from teamkilling to computer crashing and a tier IV ship at tier VIII, it was removed and should remain removed.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,595 posts
10,909 battles
3 minutes ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

That was in Beta; And was removed for many gameplay teasons; from teamkilling to computer crashing and a tier IV ship at tier VIII, it was removed and should remain removed.

True, but it was removed for obvious reasons. If WG somehow let a similar disaster thru again they might correct it by removing it. Your overall point still stands thought. WG very rarely removes ships from the game.

[WOLF1]
Members
4,237 posts
39 minutes ago, paradat said:

True, but it was removed for obvious reasons. If WG somehow let a similar disaster thru again they might correct it by removing it. Your overall point still stands thought. WG very rarely removes ships from the game.

Yeah, with that one glaring exception (KitKat) which is a one-of-a-kind ship with nothing else existing like it, they do remove ships from sale, but they don't remove them from use.

[SYN]
Members
4,921 posts
11,844 battles
1 hour ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Oh I see. So we're in "throw logic out the door because obviously the people who run the game are experts and we should blindly trust them to not be incompetent, just look at the past 2 years of evidence!" territory.

Nope.  Your suggestions are simple and obvious. Since you're convinced that you know better, perhaps you should take it up with WG and submit some kind of proposal.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
22,177 posts
3,895 battles
6 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

Nope.  Your suggestions are simple and obvious. Since you're convinced that you know better, perhaps you should take it up with WG and submit some kind of proposal.

You can stop acting like I'm too stupid to notice your teenage edgelord sarcasm.