You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Perriwen

Missouri Ship peculiarities change...is WG removing it entirely?

93 comments in this topic

[NSFW]
Members
75 posts
6,066 battles

Previously, if you looked at the Missouri's peculiarities in the 'modules' section, it was the usual premium stuff about more XP and credits.

It now matches the rental ship peculiarities, stating:

"Upon the ship's removal, her xp is transferred to one of the nation's starting ships"

and

"Upon the ship's removal, commander XP is kept."

Is this just a bug? Or did WG forget to tell us something?

Edited by Perriwen
  • Cool 1

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

Without looking into this deeply, I see your point with the wording.

My first thought of "removal" would be when it was removed from purchase.

The way it's written makes me also think otherwise.

If this theory is true and something is going to change, I'm glad I didn't purchase it even though I have 1.1m FXP.

Good find.:Smile_honoring:

Edited by Wulfgarn
  • Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
19,224 posts
12,756 battles

That's just a standard placeholder text they never bothered to get rid of. No, they're not removing Missouri from the game. Yes, I'm sure.

• Cool 4

[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
500 posts
5,594 battles

If they were to remove it I'd be pissed...but I can't say I'd be disappointed with a massive freeXP refund either lol

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,176 battles
2 minutes ago, Lert said:

Yes, I'm sure.

So is it going on a rotation with Musashi like a normal premium then?

[HINON]
Supertester
19,224 posts
12,756 battles
1 minute ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

So is it going on a rotation with Musashi like a normal premium then?

Don't know. They're not going to remove it from the game. I don't know if they're planning to ever sell it again. Two completely different things.

My gut feeling? It's not gonna get sold again. The credit income is 'problematic'. How do I know that? Well, if they were happy with the credit income, they'd have given Musashi the same multiplier.

• Cool 7

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,176 battles
9 minutes ago, Lert said:

Don't know. They're not going to remove it from the game. I don't know if they're planning to ever sell it again. Two completely different things.

My gut feeling? It's not gonna get sold again. The credit income is 'problematic'. How do I know that? Well, if they were happy with the credit income, they'd have given Musashi the same multiplier.

Honestly I feel that they should sell Missouri again. Missouri prints credits and Musashi prints xp pick your printer. But that is just my own opinion.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,224 posts
12,756 battles
1 minute ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Missouri prints credits and Musashi prints xp

And that's exactly why I can see WG not selling Missouri again. Think about it. If you have a ship that prints XP, your options are: let it collect and go unused or buy doubloons to convert the XP with. But XP is easy. Credits is the bottleneck. XP by itself is useless if you don't have the credits to buy the stuff your XP unlocked for you. If you have a ship that prints credits like Missouri, why would you you ever need to buy another, less efficient credit farming premium ship? Why would you even need to buy premium time? A ship that farms XP promotes the buying of stuff from WG. A ship that prints credits negates the need to buy stuff from WG.

Beta Testers
294 posts
3,783 battles
5 minutes ago, Lert said:

And that's exactly why I can see WG not selling Missouri again. Think about it. If you have a ship that prints XP, your options are: let it collect and go unused or buy doubloons to convert the XP with. But XP is easy. Credits is the bottleneck. XP by itself is useless if you don't have the credits to buy the stuff your XP unlocked for you. If you have a ship that prints credits like Missouri, why would you you ever need to buy another, less efficient credit farming premium ship? Why would you even need to buy premium time? A ship that farms XP promotes the buying of stuff from WG. A ship that prints credits negates the need to buy stuff from WG.

Up front, let me state that I don't have the MO.  I suspect we will see Missouri offered again though the means of purchase may well change, each "model" represents a considerable investment in time, talent and money.  However there is nothing to stop WG from finding ways to modify the ship to change the "prints credits" thing at least somewhat.

Either modified or not, I also suspect it will be some time before this ship is offered again ... but "never?"  For the reasons I stated above, I doubt it.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,124 posts
7,655 battles

While I don't think Missouri will "never" be made available again, I think we're all kidding ourselves if we mistakenly believe it will be made readily available to the masses.  I predict that if she is made available, it will be for very limited windows of opportunity that will all but lock her out for those not willing to open up their wallets big time.  The amount of damage that ship has done to the in-game economy necessitates its limited availability.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,850 posts
1,332 battles
22 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

While I don't think Missouri will "never" be made available again, I think we're all kidding ourselves if we mistakenly believe it will be made readily available to the masses.  I predict that if she is made available, it will be for very limited windows of opportunity that will all but lock her out for those not willing to open up their wallets big time.  The amount of damage that ship has done to the in-game economy necessitates its limited availability.

Yeah, I think the picture Lert painted about XP vs silver, Musashi vs Missouri makes perfect sense.  Glad I have MO Money in my port already.  Had 400K fxp at Xmas, and between farming with Santa Box pennants, and outright fxp in $1 Santa Boxes, I bought her in mid January.  Companies like to make money.  Well, that, and I'm *from* Missouri, so I had to have her.   

[BIAS]
Members
3,154 posts
9,256 battles

I'm still waiting for the option to hide the ship in port. We are unable to sell it, so it should have an option to hide it just like the ARP and Dragon Ships.

Spoiler

:cap_haloween::Smile_hiding:

• Bad 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,801 posts
15,249 battles
40 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

The amount of damage that ship has done to the in-game economy necessitates its limited availability.

So they screwed themselves, and to make up for it they'll remove one of the most popular BBs in the game? Ya, sounds like WoW!

• Bad 2

[WOLF5]
Members
458 posts
18,909 battles
4 minutes ago, Umikami said:

So they screwed themselves, and to make up for it they'll remove one of the most popular BBs in the game? Ya, sounds like WoW!

Belfast, Kutuzov, Nikolai, Kamakazi variants. It's not like they haven't done it before. 

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles
49 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

When I think of your post, I'm reminded of the Kami-R event not long ago. The one with the red camo.

It was available to the masses, but you had to put in an insane amount of time to get it.

My thought is, it'll be available in something along those line, or at the very least in Santa crates.

That's if they allow it to be available.

• Cool 1

[PROJX]
Members
970 posts
15,744 battles
1 hour ago, CAPT_Rob said:

Up front, let me state that I don't have the MO.  I suspect we will see Missouri offered again though the means of purchase may well change, each "model" represents a considerable investment in time, talent and money.  However there is nothing to stop WG from finding ways to modify the ship to change the "prints credits" thing at least somewhat.

Either modified or not, I also suspect it will be some time before this ship is offered again ... but "never?"  For the reasons I stated above, I doubt it.

Actually, if WG does do what CAPT_Rob is suggesting - WG will have to instantiate another instance of the Missouri in game to allow existing players to keep the ship and its current capabilities if they already have it. 

Because of the way the client-server ship parameters are structured, they currently can't piggy back 2 different sets of earning capabilities on the same ship in your port for different players.   You will see a Missouri_SE (special edition?) or something of the sort if they decide to nerf the Credit income before releasing Missouri again to do what you're suggesting, alongside an original Missouri w/ its outsized earning potential.

The question is how many players will want to pick up a Missouri_SE if it doesn't have the same earnings power as the original Missouri from a business model perspective - not sure, but this will determine whether WG takes the path CAPT_Rob is suggesting.

[WOLF5]
Members
458 posts
18,909 battles
4 minutes ago, hangglide42 said:

Actually, if WG does do what CAPT_Rob is suggesting - WG will have to instantiate another instance of the Missouri in game to allow existing players to keep the ship and its current capabilities if they already have it. 

Because of the way the client-server ship parameters are structured, they currently can't piggy back 2 different sets of earning capabilities on the same ship in your port for different players.   You will see a Missouri_SE (special edition?) or something of the sort if they decide to nerf the Credit income before releasing Missouri again to do what you're suggesting, alongside an original Missouri w/ its outsized earning potential.

The question is how many players will want to pick up a Missouri_SE if it doesn't have the same earnings power as the original Missouri from a business model perspective - not sure, but this will determine whether WG takes the path CAPT_Rob is suggesting.

IF and I emphasize the IF they really wanted another premium USN T-9 Iowa class BB in the game, there are still 2 sisters that aren't in the game The New Jersey and Wisconsin. They don't have the WWII surrender signing that the MO has or the infamous turret explosion of the Iowa, but served from WWII thru the 80's and are preserved as museum ships.  No need to do a SE edition of the Mo. 

• Cool 1

[PROJX]
Members
970 posts
15,744 battles
Just now, h9k_a said:

IF and I emphasize the IF they really wanted another premium USN T-9 Iowa class BB in the game, there are still 2 sisters that aren't in the game The New Jersey and Wisconsin. They don't have the WWII surrender signing that the MO has or the infamous turret explosion of the Iowa, but served from WWII thru the 80's and are preserved as museum ships.  No need to do a SE edition of the Mo. 

Actually, never suggested they should - my response was a comment on CAPT_Rob's assertion that if they did what he's suggesting, they would have to create another instance of the Missouri, for example a Missouri_SE because of how the game is structured from a SW perspective.  

This, and the business case for this makes it unlikely in my opinion that this is going to happen.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,124 posts
7,655 battles
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

It's either that or accept that to play World of Warships, a player must accept that they need to save up for Missouri or they're playing the game wrong.  Given the options between that or removing the ship, I think Wargaming made the correct choice.

• Cool 2

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,250 posts
1,844 battles
49 minutes ago, hangglide42 said:

Well, they could just reissue it with a different camo that has different modifiers baked in, even negative ones, to get the earning capability of the ship to where they need it to be.

[PROJX]
Members
970 posts
15,744 battles
4 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

Well, they could just reissue it with a different camo that has different modifiers baked in, even negative ones, to get the earning capability of the ship to where they need it to be.

Actually no - the silver earning is tied to the hull of the ship that is a WG secret sauce.  It’s unclear whether a cammo solution could compensate for the hull effect w/o unbalancing other parameters such as the XP gains, etc.  At one point in time LWM was going to try to unravel aspects of this secret sauce, but I haven’t seen a follow-up to the original intent.   The cleanest way to decouple the effects within the current hull/cammo model is to instantiate another hull - that way the cammo bonuses have the same expected effect without having to compensate in one specific ship case for a hidden parameter.

Edited by hangglide42

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,250 posts
1,844 battles
12 minutes ago, hangglide42 said:

Actually no - the silver earning is tied to the hull of the ship that is a WG secret sauce.  It’s unclear whether a cammo solution could compensate for the hull effect w/o unbalancing other parameters such as the XP gains, etc.  At one point in time LWM was going to try to unravel aspects of this secret sauce, but I haven’t seen a follow-up to the original intent.   The cleanest way to decouple the effects within the current hull/cammo model is to instantiate another hull - that way the cammo bonuses have the same expected effect without having to compensate in one specific ship case for a hidden parameter.

They have things like +50% credits tied to camos.  I don't see why they couldn't do something like -20% credits on a camo.  Might leave a bad taste in the buyer's mouth though.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,044 posts
3 hours ago, Perriwen said:

Previously, if you looked at the Missouri's peculiarities in the 'modules' section, it was the usual premium stuff about more XP and credits.

It now matches the rental ship peculiarities, stating:

"Upon the ship's removal, her xp is transferred to one of the nation's starting ships"

and

"Upon the ship's removal, commander XP is kept."

Is this just a bug? Or did WG forget to tell us something?

Uh Oh :Smile_ohmy:

3 hours ago, Lert said:

That's just a standard placeholder text they never bothered to get rid of. No, they're not removing Missouri from the game. Yes, I'm sure.

I sure hope not went too much trouble getting her

[HINON]
Supertester
19,224 posts
12,756 battles
4 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

I sure hope not went too much trouble getting her

I'm a supertester, I've tested well over a hundred ships so far. Every single one of them had this text. See the Z-39:

A6Acg1F.jpg

(Modules censored because of NDA, 'no statistics counted for ship' counts for ST ships and isn't represented on Missouri)

The rest is just placeholder text. No idea why Missouri still has it.