You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IfYouSeeKhaos

FYI WG...Algerie blows for scenario battles...too bad it's the only ship you can do any of the challenges with if you didn't get RNG lucky

53 comments in this topic

Members
1,834 posts
17,617 battles

Title says it all...congrats to those that got lucky enough to win a BB in a crate or had $ for 1. Would rather use ANY of the other available CA/CLs for this mission challenge (especially the Fiji or Atlanta) if I can't use a BB...too bad we're stuck w/the Algerie to get any progress on the missions challenge...especially slow grind building up 175k XP (that's the 25k XP challenge 7 times) for those red dragons in a scenario.

Edited: to change mission to challenge (& clarify 175k = 25k challenge x 7) because one person (despite having it explained to him multiple times) can't seem to comprehend & has filled the thread w/multiple replies showing his ignorance...& unfortunately many others have jumped on his bandwagon of "let's just point the finger & say you are wrong...even though we obviously didn't read what we are INSISTING (yes...MANY CAPITAL LETTERS WERE USED) you are wrong about".

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Cool 2
  • Bad 5

[HINON]
Members
9,013 posts

You could just grind up the french BB line. Getting to that tier isnt too crazy.

Beta Testers
1,834 posts
10,762 battles

Almost none of the scenarios is DD friendly. They all require DPM and/or AA. 

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

i actually do better with algerie than lyon in  operation.  just bought it back.  with jack honore,   your gun is on track to hit anything.  algerie is my favorite t7 cruiser  even with only 10 point captain ( using 8 at the moment)   

5star is easier with cruiser like algerie.     

Members
1,834 posts
17,617 battles
16 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

You could just grind up the french BB line. Getting to that tier isnt too crazy.

That's the problem...they're giving away those BBs in crates...to a few (& by a few I mean a lot of people have spent a lot of $ on crates & still only got the T5...there's still more crates to get & it blows that there wasn't an equal chance to get them for everybody instead of this RNG B$ (& no that $ is not a misprint...it's right on target for what I'm suggesting here...spend enough of it & eventually anybody can buy 1 of the 1s you need for the scenario). The missions are going on now (in scenario only) & some of us have to miss out on all the missions while trying to grind for a ship & that others just got lucky enough to get...total B$!!! Not saying everybody had to buy them...a few got luck I'm sure...but most that have them I bet bought at least a few containers to get. Again...wouldn't mind so much if there wasn't missions needing French only ships to get the rewards (just rubbing it in the faces of those that didn't get 1...especially as the Algerie is only ship you can even chip away at them in).

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Cool 3

[HINON]
Supertester
19,189 posts
12,701 battles

"Waah waah I didn't get free stuff"?

<Edit> It sounds a lot like you're unhappy that WG would actually dare to promote people buying stuff.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 5

Members
1,834 posts
17,617 battles
Just now, Lert said:

"Waah waah I didn't get free stuff"?

Didn't GAF about not getting free stuff until they threw in missions that require that free stuff...so STFU Lert

• Cool 6
  • Bad 4

[HINON]
Members
9,013 posts
Just now, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Didn't GAF about not getting free stuff until they threw in missions that require that free stuff...so STFU Lert

And you can go up the line for free. This isnt rocket science.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,189 posts
12,701 battles
2 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

so STFU Lert

So rude.

What are you going to do if I don't?

It's a business. They sell stuff. They want people to buy that stuff. It's very simple.

Or, you know, use the option of any ship that isn't behind a pay wall and you've had literally years to get for free.

• Cool 5
  • Bad 5

Members
1,834 posts
17,617 battles
1 minute ago, RipNuN2 said:

And you can go up the line for free. This isnt rocket science.

Yes but they are daily repeatable missions that you can't work on until you grind out 7 BBs to get if you didn't get any of the BBs from the crates...as is I got the T5...but that's still 2 BBs I have to grind out in between trying to work on the missions w/the Algerie only in the meantime...or do I work on the campaign to finish getting the other crates to hopefully have RNG pay off? A whole lot of wth going on there for some while others just get lucky.

Members
1,834 posts
17,617 battles
1 minute ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Believe you can also do the same mission a few times to get enough stars..?

I'm referring to the Scenario missions that require you to do the Scenario only & only w/French ships.

[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles
18 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

I'm referring to the Scenario missions that require you to do the Scenario only & only w/French ships.

Oh I see! The Challenges. 

Rewards is very little anyway... I don't bother to spend time on that.

Edited by LemonadeWarrior

Members
1,834 posts
17,617 battles
1 minute ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Oh I see! The Challenges. 

Rewards is very little anyway... I don't bother to spend time on that.

I unfortunately don't have $ to spend for any of the dragon flags...trying to get the red dragon 1s...grinding 25k XP over & over in scenario would go a lot quicker w/1 of the BBs...but don't wanna grind them out if there's still chance to win them so going back & forth between Algerie in scenario while using the St L in random to grind the campaign out for the crates hoping RNG eventually smiles on me.

Members
1,834 posts
17,617 battles
41 minutes ago, Lert said:

use the option of any ship

Read much? Scenario missions (what the thread is referring to) are French ships ONLY.

42 minutes ago, Lert said:

So rude.

Maybe you should look up the definition of that word before making stupid off thread posts?

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[SF-A]
Members
2,892 posts
5,682 battles
4 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Read much? Scenario missions (what the thread is referring to) are French ships ONLY.

Maybe you should look up the definition of that word before making stupid off thread posts?

It's fine, Lert doesn't take the time to read and understand what people are saying, so his off-topic comments are to be expected. Reading comprehension OP. :cap_book:

Edited by pewpewpew42
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[RLGN]
Members
8,241 posts
17,242 battles
1 hour ago, chewonit said:

Almost none of the scenarios is DD friendly. They all require DPM and/or AA. 

Old ones are doable by a good CV driver; new ones not so much.

Every time you turn around there’s another ship with DF; or the type restrictions exclude carriers.

I WANT MAH BAERN WG!

[5D5]
Members
2,281 posts
14,311 battles

I have no problem with Algerie in scenarios

2yknric.jpg

OP maybe it's how you are playing it not the ship.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
19,189 posts
12,701 battles
31 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Oh, you mean this scenario?

WeFChRa.jpg

My dear, I'm so sorry! I didn't know that my Atlanta, Pensacola, Indianapolis and Belfast were French ships! When did this happen? And, is it lend lease? Or are they just being rented out? For how long? Is the fuel and ammunition price included in the rental fee? And did they inform the captains and crew of this exchange as well?

Or did you mean the Gold of France campaign? (In which case 'scenario missions' is a bit of a ... weird descriptor, since scenarios are operations like Hermes, etc, but we'll humor you). In that case you have 24 days from today to finish them. Doesn't take that long to grind up a tier 5+ French battleship and you can easily do them - if, for some reason, you believe that a battleship with a 30s reload is better at, say,  farming ribbons than a cruiser with more than twice the ROF and that you already have. But who am I to judge. You can even complete the gold of france campaign with a non-French ship, it'll just take a lot longer, and you won't get the rewards for the non-french sub tasks. Guess i all comes down to a choice you have to make: How much are those worth to you?

31 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Off thread? Again, my sincerest apologies. Why, I believed that with the amount of time and effort you spent on whining informing us that you didn't draw any of the French battleship missions and giving us your oh so well rounded opinions about it that it was in fact part of the topic of this thread. Big mistake on my part, I'm sure.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[INTEL]
Members
793 posts
8,245 battles

While I can agree that Lert isnt always the most diplomatic, (And thats really being polite aboute it) I think maybe the OP isnt being clear. The current Scenario can be done with any allied T7 cruiser. 

Are some of the missions doable in scenarios with only French ships? Not that I care. Im treating the French line same as the IJN and PA lines. If I get ships for free great. If not, I don't care.

[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
498 posts
5,581 battles

I'm not particularly fond of the ship restrictions. Kinda silly being able to play ANY T7 I want to only being able to play 4 ships and only one with a good captain...I'll get Lyon soon, but can't be arsed playing a Axis vs Allies fantasy with the same ship any longer than it takes to get 5 stars. It's not that I think it's horrible either, it just makes me wonder why even bother going through the effort developing it if you're going to make it so restrictive...whatever, not my money lol. 

Edited by HeathenForay

[HINON]
Supertester
19,189 posts
12,701 battles
21 minutes ago, pewpewpew42 said:

It's fine, Lert doesn't take the time to read and understand what people are saying, so his off-topic comments are to be expected. Reading comprehension OP. :cap_book:

I know exactly what OP said, and he's full of crap.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 1

[HINON]
Supertester
19,189 posts
12,701 battles
2 minutes ago, Ares1967 said:

While I can agree that Lert isnt always the most diplomatic, (And thats really being polite aboute it)

I'll be the very first to admit that, too.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[INTEL]
Members
793 posts
8,245 battles
4 minutes ago, Lert said:

I'll be the very first to admit that, too.

You get a +1 for that.