You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SeaKnight_1990

Teamkill System

24 comments in this topic

[BZERK]
Members
711 posts
3,123 battles

So a few months ago someone showed a team lineup screenshot from the middle of one game, and there was someone who had TK'd...not one...nor two...but THREE people on his team. Someone in the comment thread proposed this solution: When someone TK's, they become an independent player, not on either team, thereby allowing their (former) team to punish them with no penalty. 

Thoughts?

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[TCNNA]
Members
107 posts
4,016 battles

This is a bad idea. Sometimes people accidentally torp their allies. I've done that myself. That doesn't preclude them from contributing to their team's victory.

[ARGSY]
Members
1,283 posts
8,944 battles

The VAST majority of TKs are accidents. How does your silly idea fix anything?

• Bad 1

[BZERK]
Members
711 posts
3,123 battles
Just now, legozer said:

The VAST majority of TKs are accidents. How does your silly idea fix anything?

If it was just one teammate that got TK'd, then let it be. Two or more is where more harsh measures should be taken. 

• Cool 1

[TCNNA]
Members
107 posts
4,016 battles
Just now, SeaKnight_1990 said:

If it was just one teammate that got TK'd, then let it be. Two or more is where more harsh measures should be taken. 

I still think this a bad idea, but this is decidedly more reasonable. Regardless of when the penalty was instated, it would just throw the game into chaos.

• Boring 1

[ARGSY]
Members
1,283 posts
8,944 battles

It's dumb. Sorry, but it is. An indy player could reap rewards for continuing to kill former teammates.

[BZERK]
Members
711 posts
3,123 battles
1 minute ago, SithSteel said:

I still think this a bad idea, but this is decidedly more reasonable. Regardless of when the penalty was instated, it would just throw the game into chaos.

There were one or two games where someone on my team TK'd and then I tried to point out to the enemy team in chat where they were so they could take the offender "off our hands." That said, there still needs to be a better way of doing this. I also thought of that if someone TK's more than once, it's considered deliberate and they automatically detonate. That will irk some people, but it might work. 

[TCNNA]
Members
107 posts
4,016 battles
1 minute ago, SeaKnight_1990 said:

There were one or two games where someone on my team TK'd and then I tried to point out to the enemy team in chat where they were so they could take the offender "off our hands." That said, there still needs to be a better way of doing this. I also thought of that if someone TK's more than once, it's considered deliberate and they automatically detonate. 

What the [edited] is wrong with you?

Say you're a destroyer and you toss out some torpedo spreads at some red ships. For whatever reason you end up sinking two of your allies. Maybe you didn't aim with enough care or they made last-minute trajectory changes and sailed in front of you torpedoes. Should you detonate in that situation? I don't think so.

That will irk some people, but it might work. 

I think the current system works just fine.

• Bad 1

Members
519 posts
3,350 battles
23 minutes ago, SeaKnight_1990 said:

So a few months ago someone showed a team lineup screenshot from the middle of one game, and there was someone who had TK'd...not one...nor two...but THREE people on his team. Someone in the comment thread proposed this solution: When someone TK's, they become an independent player, not on either team, thereby allowing their (former) team to punish them with no penalty. 

Thoughts?

Really man ? that's a terrible idea that wouldn't solve anything..

[5D5]
Members
2,282 posts
14,311 battles
23 minutes ago, SeaKnight_1990 said:

There were one or two games where someone on my team TK'd and then I tried to point out to the enemy team in chat where they were so they could take the offender "off our hands." That said, there still needs to be a better way of doing this. I also thought of that if someone TK's more than once, it's considered deliberate and they automatically detonate. That will irk some people, but it might work. 

So you admit to openly violating one of the game rules that can get you sanctioned. Hope a mod sends this to support for action.

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles

I damaged a NC with torps tonight...I though I could send them by his port side based on his path. He turned in front of them and I didn't have time to warn him. I did 40k damage, didn't sink him, but I received my 8 game penalty anyway. I deserved it. However, I contributed very well to the battle, so the idea that I could have suffered retribution is kinda dumb. I was a productive boat otherwise. 

[BZERK]
Members
711 posts
3,123 battles
15 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

So you admit to openly violating one of the game rules that can get you sanctioned. Hope a mod sends this to support for action.

The odds of that happening are greater than 1.5x10^1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000:1.

[BZERK]
Members
711 posts
3,123 battles

Since this isn't going too well, here's another idea:

After the conclusion of the game, you get "court-martialed." There, you have a chance to explain yourself, and then you get punished accordingly. 

Seem fair?

• Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,484 battles
4 minutes ago, SeaKnight_1990 said:

After the conclusion of the game, you get "court-martialed." There, you have a chance to explain yourself, and then you get punished accordingly. 

Seem fair?

This is already sort of what happens.  If you TK enough, it gets escalated to support staff, who review your history.  That's the point where accounts get banned.  And you have the opportunity to appeal, so there is a (sort of) due process.

[TCNNA]
Members
107 posts
4,016 battles
10 minutes ago, SeaKnight_1990 said:

Since this isn't going too well, here's another idea:

Seem fair?

What do you mean by "explain yourself"? To who?

[LOU1]
Members
3,019 posts
8,125 battles

Hmm, the blue tank concept from WOT is being suggested again for WOWS.  That also includes the abuse of the system.  Goad someone into shooting you so that they turn blue (pink) and then you get to shoot them without penalty; all they have to do is shoot a player's tracks a couple of time with HE to irritate most players.  I have no problem with the current TK system.  I have been pink a few times and the system works - I have found ways to make sure it is a rare occurrence (even dying a few times to not risk hitting an ally with a torp.)

And, I very rarely see intentional team damage.  Oddly, it happened yesterday.  Right before Battle Starts a player on our team apologizes and says they have to leave the match.  Battle starts and they say, "But, after just one shot."  Then he unloads a broadside into me - I was next to him.  The 16k into my Lyon somehow vaporizes him instantly (he had not been pink).  Only the second time I have been hit on purpose.  The other time was a few weeks ago as a Corgi Captain.  Before Battle Start a team mate says, "I should kill you myself."  Then, at Battle Start, he breaks my rudder and knock some HP of my cruiser while saying, "Pull your weight, Corgi!"

• Bad 1

[ARRGG]
Members
4,731 posts
7,565 battles
1 hour ago, SeaKnight_1990 said:

Thoughts?

I see much less TKs now not sure why but I suspect if your a serial TK your punted .. good enough for me

[TCNNA]
Members
107 posts
4,016 battles
51 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

Hmm, the blue tank concept from WOT is being suggested again for WOWS.  That also includes the abuse of the system.  Goad someone into shooting you so that they turn blue (pink) and then you get to shoot them without penalty; all they have to do is shoot a player's tracks a couple of time with HE to irritate most players.  I have no problem with the current TK system.  I have been pink a few times and the system works - I have found ways to make sure it is a rare occurrence (even dying a few times to not risk hitting an ally with a torp.)

And, I very rarely see intentional team damage.  Oddly, it happened yesterday.  Right before Battle Starts a player on our team apologizes and says they have to leave the match.  Battle starts and they say, "But, after just one shot."  Then he unloads a broadside into me - I was next to him.  The 16k into my Lyon somehow vaporizes him instantly (he had not been pink).  Only the second time I have been hit on purpose.  The other time was a few weeks ago as a Corgi Captain.  Before Battle Start a team mate says, "I should kill you myself."  Then, at Battle Start, he breaks my rudder and knock some HP of my cruiser while saying, "Pull your weight, Corgi!"

That sucks, mate.

[LOU1]
Members
3,019 posts
8,125 battles
59 minutes ago, SithSteel said:

That sucks, mate.

Thanks.  Both incidents were surprising.  Had to chuckle at them, though, so they didn't mess up our battle.

Edited by ExploratorOne

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,891 posts
10,457 battles

The easiest solution to team killing is to remove it from the game so people can't purposely abuse it to kill friendlies

[BIAS]
Members
3,138 posts
9,224 battles
5 hours ago, SeaKnight_1990 said:

Thoughts?

Likely the 3rd teamkill was killing themselves with reflected damage.

[5D5]
Members
2,282 posts
14,311 battles
5 hours ago, Ducky_shot said:

Likely the 3rd teamkill was killing themselves with reflected damage.

Agreed, that part is obvious to most who know how the game mechanic works.