Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ElectroCoop

Hoping for clan suggestions

5 comments in this topic

Members
14 posts
1,830 battles

So I've played this game off and on since 2015, but never really dedicated much time to learning it or advancing any ship lines. I just recently built a gaming PC that's made taken this game from a slideshow to buttery smooth (at least until the last update). 

I'd like to find a clan to division with and play with on a casual basis. I'm 33 and the father of young children so I can't commit to any super competitive clan, and I don't really want to either. I'm looking for mature fellow gamers, who play to have fun, don't take things too seriously but at the same time try to do well and get better too. If anyone has any suggestions for clans that I might fit in well with I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

[-ARP-]
Members
292 posts
13,958 battles

well I would say that playing in JR2 would be a great fit for you as its a causal group.  no commitment needed. only need to have a mic and discord.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
246 posts
4,304 battles

OP, you've described GWG. We currently have a few slots open; feel free to give us a look

[WOLF7]
Beta Testers
109 posts
1,366 battles

@ElectroCoop  - I suggest that whatever clan you join, make sure they regularly play at the same time as you, including the clan leadership. If gaming times are different, you'll never be able to team up with them in the seven-person CW (Clan Wars) battles, nor get to know their style and personality by teaming up in ordinary random battles.

Once you're past that hurdle, you need to find a clan with compatible people. Some clans are full of raging teens and post-teens who curse a blue streak, and/or blame everyone but themselves in any defeat. Other clans are full of highly independent sorts who barely communicate at all, and never, ever communicate their plans to their teammates, and even if they did, it would be useless because they'll change targets, course and plans at the drop of a hat. Playing a few random battles in division with the clan leadership can be VERY revealing.

Once you're past the personality match hurdle, you need to beware of cliques. If the clan is well-established, the leadership and core players may have their own cozy little group. You could be nothing but a substitute" whenever one of the "regulars" isn't available. If other members of the clan are already "substitutes," that's a sure sign that there is a clique already in place. If they truly needed the person, they'd be sailing in random battles and madly training with that person, to make sure they would be a helpful teammate in CW battles.

[W-D]
[W-D]
Members
12 posts
2,829 battles

how about adding clan emblems on ships

Sign in to follow this