Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

31 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
6,932 posts
7,508 battles

Fix. Your. Game.

 

Normally, radar isnt an issue for me. However, over the last few months, this has changed, and it's all your fault, WG. More and more players have access to radar equipped ships, and yet somehow, the MM constantly, and by that I mean almost always, puts almost all the radar on one team. I just came from a round where SIX of the other team had the potential to have radar, at least 4 of them did have it. NONE of my team had radar, or even the potential to have it. When one team can sneak around, while, in effect, denying the other team the ability to do likewise for the length of the round, this is not balanced. It's not even in the same solar system as balanced.

 

Wargaming, you have got to get MM to balance out the radar. I get that some ships may not have taken it, but you can code the MM to at least space out the ships that could have it between the teams, instead of leaving us with the massive disparity we "enjoy" right now. You constantly talk about how you work to balance the game, and yet you leave something like this completely alone. It isn't fun, it's virtually always a loss for my teams, and it certainly isn't engaging, and it honestly causes me to want to play any game other than yours.

 

I'd rather be detonated my next 100 matches than deal with this radar imbalance anymore.

  • Cool 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,826
[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
3 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Fix. Your. Game.

 

Normally, radar isnt an issue for me. However, over the last few months, this has changed, and it's all your fault, WG. More and more players have access to radar equipped ships, and yet somehow, the MM constantly, and by that I mean almost always, puts almost all the radar on one team. I just came from a round where SIX of the other team had the potential to have radar, at least 4 of them did have it. NONE of my team had radar, or even the potential to have it. When one team can sneak around, while, in effect, denying the other team the ability to do likewise for the length of the round, this is not balanced. It's not even in the same solar system as balanced.

 

Wargaming, you have got to get MM to balance out the radar. I get that some ships may not have taken it, but you can code the MM to at least space out the ships that could have it between the teams, instead of leaving us with the massive disparity we "enjoy" right now. You constantly talk about how you work to balance the game, and yet you leave something like this completely alone. It isn't fun, it's virtually always a loss for my teams, and it certainly isn't engaging, and it honestly causes me to want to play any game other than yours.

 

I'd rather be detonated my next 100 matches than deal with this radar imbalance anymore.

Easy "FIX" give radar to all ships.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,147 posts
4,259 battles

While I agree with the sentiment, I believe the execution will hamper your message.

 

WG has mentioned they're trying to fix issues like these and other instances such as 2 khabs vs 2 shimas.

 

As for when? Who knows...

 

#YearOfTheMM?

Edited by Combined_Fleet_HQ
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,147 posts
4,259 battles
1 minute ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Easy "FIX" give radar to all ships.

 

Are you trying to instigate the DD Mafia?

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
519 posts
3,350 battles

A lot of things have been added that MM wasn't made to account for and still doesn't seem to account for..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,826
[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
1 minute ago, Combined_Fleet_HQ said:

 

Are you trying to instigate the DD Mafia?

Roflmao Forgot about them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
152
[HRVAT]
Members
300 posts
6,124 battles

I have a match yesterday where in my Aigle ( t6) i had to sit behind island for over 4 minutes because under constant radar..... 


This is not fun anymore.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,826
[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
25 minutes ago, Combined_Fleet_HQ said:

 

Are you trying to instigate the DD Mafia?

Already got some Bad Press from some of the mafiosos I bet I will get alot more before the thread dies.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
400 posts
6,311 battles

I started with the mid range torps on my Shim. Was constantly getting hammered and was hard to have any effect on the match. I put the 20k torps on. Now, I stay clear of radars and let them worry about dodging walls of torps. Pain in the but, but just have to adjust. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,792
[SALVO]
Members
17,050 posts
17,674 battles
42 minutes ago, Combined_Fleet_HQ said:

 

Are you trying to instigate the DD Mafia?

No, he's making a good, logical point, i.e. about giving all ships radar.  it's not a serious suggestion, because obviously it'd create massively more problems than it'd solve.  But it would "solve" the # of radars per team problem.  It'd just be an extreme case of the solution being worse than the problem.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,045
Members
3,779 posts
14,019 battles
38 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Roflmao Forgot about them!

Ya better not forget 'em, or they'll send Vito and Lenny to have a "talk" with you! :cap_haloween:

As for WG hearing anything we ask about MM...

man-listening.thumb.jpg.8aec30dd19685ca121e6224419308428.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
434
[-BRS-]
Members
1,631 posts
13,575 battles

Oh the mafia knows all be careful it might be riot:cap_viking:

But I agree radar should be balanced on each side it's most annoying  to have to live under the OP radar and not have your side be able to counter it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,792
[SALVO]
Members
17,050 posts
17,674 battles
43 minutes ago, khorender_1 said:

A lot of things have been added that MM wasn't made to account for and still doesn't seem to account for..

Wellllll, in theory, MM shouldn't have to account for consumables.  However, radar has such a powerful effect on the game that IMO it goes beyond the normal design intention of MM not needing to account for the number of radar on each team.

It's a complex problem, and it may bog down MM considerably to have to balance out radar (or at least get the teams within +/-1 # of radars per team).  But I don't know what they could do other than that.  Simply giving all cruisers radar would be a case of the solution being worse than the problem.  And removing radar (if it was even possible at this point, since it's already on a number or premium ships) seems unlikely as well, because the reason it was added to the game (ships smoke shooting and concealed DDs in general) still remains.

An alternative could be to reduce the effectiveness of radar, in a way often suggested.  Make radar only allow the ship mounting it to see the enemy ships it lights up, but at the same time, it would put the spotted ships on the mini-map for team mates, so that they could vector in on those spotted DDs positions.  But even with this kind of tweak, an imbalance in the number of radars per team would still be a significant advantage for one team.

It's not an easy problem to solve.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
781
[NG-NL]
Members
5,016 posts
8,240 battles

Radar's only this popular because:

1) Stealth build is the only viable one after T7, esp. considering MB accuracy on T8-10 ships and that the concealment module adds 5% dispersion to anything fired at you.

2) CV population too low to keep DDs in check. Their numbers went up, cruisers get spotted more, so more players go BB or DD to be less hammered.

 

It would be handy if MM gets coded to balance the radars per team, but with the CV rework going on, it's probably wiser to see its results before any further tweaks to MM.

 

Meanwhile, if radar is that much of a problem, give your teammates a simple request as a DD:

1) You will push caps with me and focus down red DDs and radar ships or

2) You will abandon them.

I still need occasional reminder to avoid radar ships in my Z-23, so you're not alone in your frustration OP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
519 posts
3,350 battles
3 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Wellllll, in theory, MM shouldn't have to account for consumables

True, yet that's what screws MM, that it's considered nothing more than a consumable doesn't make sense to me..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,792
[SALVO]
Members
17,050 posts
17,674 battles
5 minutes ago, Reymu said:

Radar's only this popular because:

1) Stealth build is the only viable one after T7, esp. considering MB accuracy on T8-10 ships and that the concealment module adds 5% dispersion to anything fired at you.

2) CV population too low to keep DDs in check. Their numbers went up, cruisers get spotted more, so more players go BB or DD to be less hammered.

 

Reymu, CVs are only useful relative to DDs if they can be bothered to spot them.  I was in a battle earlier today in my Monarch where our bleeping CV wouldn't help spot an enemy IJN DD that was shadowing me.  I kept pinging the F5 key and trying to type in chat messages (though trying to type in a real hurry can be hard), but the jerk simply would NOT send even a single squadron over to help me, despite having near total air superiority with his 3 FTR, 1 DB Saipan.  Thankfully, I survived and only took 1 torp hit in all  that time I was being stalked, but that was only because I was constantly changing course and speed the seriously screwing up the enemy DDs aim.  But if I'd had some spotting help, I could have nuked the damned DD with my RN HE.  And BTW, this was late in the battle, so there were very few ships left per team.

So, the value of CVs in keeping DDs in check is entirely relative to the willingness of the CV players to help their team mates.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,562 posts
6,867 battles

I have larger issues for myself personally:

--3-cap battle where one side gets a +1 DD advantage right off the bat. Mind you half the DDs I see are game-challenged anyway so perhaps nm.

--AFK DDs or BBs for the entire battle that should be removed at the 5 minute mark max and replaced with a game bot--hello? This is obvious.

--MM loading up one side with superior players and the other side with potatoes. You don't need to screen-based on overall WR, at least screen according to the WR on the ship they are on. again, hello?

--Delete Straits map. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,792
[SALVO]
Members
17,050 posts
17,674 battles
11 minutes ago, khorender_1 said:

True, yet that's what screws MM, that it's considered nothing more than a consumable doesn't make sense to me..

True.  But if it's not a consumable, what would it be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
519 posts
3,350 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

True.  But if it's not a consumable, what would it be?

Good question and one I don't believe WG has asked themselves when it comes to the balancing issues of it..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
781
[NG-NL]
Members
5,016 posts
8,240 battles
6 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Reymu, CVs are only useful relative to DDs if they can be bothered to spot them.  I was in a battle earlier today in my Monarch where our bleeping CV wouldn't help spot an enemy IJN DD that was shadowing me.  I kept pinging the F5 key and trying to type in chat messages (though trying to type in a real hurry can be hard), but the jerk simply would NOT send even a single squadron over to help me, despite having near total air superiority with his 3 FTR, 1 DB Saipan.  Thankfully, I survived and only took 1 torp hit in all  that time I was being stalked, but that was only because I was constantly changing course and speed the seriously screwing up the enemy DDs aim.  But if I'd had some spotting help, I could have nuked the damned DD with my RN HE.  And BTW, this was late in the battle, so there were very few ships left per team.

So, the value of CVs in keeping DDs in check is entirely relative to the willingness of the CV players to help their team mates.

That is true, and smart DDs will stay near AA ships. Couldn't do much to a Fletcher earlier because he stayed near an Atlanta for most of the match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,734
[INTEL]
Members
8,578 posts
25,668 battles
16 hours ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

I have larger issues for myself personally:

--3-cap battle where one side gets a +1 DD advantage right off the bat. Mind you half the DDs I see are game-challenged anyway so perhaps nm.

 

Yep, especially if it is 1v2 or 2v3 DDs. Yesterday had a 2v3 and our Z-52 was detonated in the cap. No way to win starting down a DD with a det piled on that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,380
[RLGN]
Members
8,246 posts
17,255 battles
20 minutes ago, Reymu said:

Radar's only this popular because:

2) CV population too low to keep DDs in check. Their numbers went up, cruisers get spotted more, so more players go BB or DD to be less hammered.

Get rid of Strafe then. More even than AA; I think players stop playing CVs because they get tired fast of watching their squads evaporate.

No. I don’t care about the ‘skill’ involved in a Strafing battle. Firstly; it’s not the only ‘skill’ related to driving carriers; and secondly; I’ve seen too many carrier attacks spoiled by all the other means ships have at their disposal to do so, to have ANY sympathy for those who claim it can’t be done.

11 minutes ago, Crucis said:

CVs are only useful relative to DDs if they can be bothered to spot them.

(snip)

So, the value of CVs in keeping DDs in check is entirely relative to the willingness of the CV players to help their team mates.

‘...the value of CVs in keeping DDs in check is entirely relative to the willingness of regular ship players to shoot at and destroy the spotted destroyers...’

As a Carrier driver; my perspective on this matter is somewhat different...

Spot and ping DD...

...crickets chirping...

...ping DD again, and again, until planes are destroyed, or have to be recalled for reasons of self defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
183
[NOOBS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
470 posts
11,929 battles

RADAR should be changed so that the ship using it has Radar's full range ability, however, the allies of the ship using the radar can only benefit from that radar if they are 4K from and the allied ship that used it.  Think Cyclone.     Ta da!

RDF should also be countered by a ship turning off it's communication, just as the ships did in the war.  They went radio silent to counter the effect of RDF.  When a ship goes communication silent they no longer have a mini map and can not benefit from others sighting of ships unless they are 2km away,  again think cyclone.

Oh and remove CV's from the game, not planes just CV's, create airstrips for each side, the ship that gets enough XP in that match can then launch planes that are available, there could also be modes where ships fight for territory which if they hold onto they get the benefit of launching planes.  This will get the community learning plane mechanics and interesting dynamic battles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,792
[SALVO]
Members
17,050 posts
17,674 battles
49 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Get rid of Strafe then. More even than AA; I think players stop playing CVs because they get tired fast of watching their squads evaporate.

No. I don’t care about the ‘skill’ involved in a Strafing battle. Firstly; it’s not the only ‘skill’ related to driving carriers; and secondly; I’ve seen too many carrier attacks spoiled by all the other means ships have at their disposal to do so, to have ANY sympathy for those who claim it can’t be done.

‘...the value of CVs in keeping DDs in check is entirely relative to the willingness of regular ship players to shoot at and destroy the spotted destroyers...’

As a Carrier driver; my perspective on this matter is somewhat different...

Spot and ping DD...

...crickets chirping...

...ping DD again, and again, until planes are destroyed, or have to be recalled for reasons of self defense.

I 100% agree about getting rid of strafe.  But also consider that it's one of the things that makes CVs a lot harder for the less than unicum level carrier mains to play.  It increases the burden on multi-tasking skills.  It's not an easy skill to learn and use.  Heck, I know what you're supposed to do, but actually executing it is extremely difficult.  Frankly, too difficult for what people call an "arcade game".

 

And prophet, if you're spotting DDs that your team hasn't really asked you to spot, they may not be paying attention to shoot them.  But if a player is ASKING you to spot a DD, don't you think that that player would absolutely 100% shoot at the DD once you spot him?  I damned well think he would!  Besides, if you're just spotting DDs on general principles without being asked, unless you've lost all your bombers, you can take care of attacking the DD all on your own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,792
[SALVO]
Members
17,050 posts
17,674 battles
1 hour ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

I have larger issues for myself personally:

1. --3-cap battle where one side gets a +1 DD advantage right off the bat. Mind you half the DDs I see are game-challenged anyway so perhaps nm.

2. -AFK DDs or BBs for the entire battle that should be removed at the 5 minute mark max and replaced with a game bot--hello? This is obvious.

3. --MM loading up one side with superior players and the other side with potatoes. You don't need to screen-based on overall WR, at least screen according to the WR on the ship they are on. again, hello?

4.  --Delete Straits map. Thank you.

By points.  

1. 100% agree.  In domination battles, having a numerical advantage in DDs is a significant advantage to the team with the extra DD.

2.  Disagree completely.

3. Agreed,  but I really doubt that they'll ever do skill based MM.  Heaven forbid that unicum WR's came down from 60% or more to something closer to 53-55%, just because SBMM would tend to cause WR's cluster more tightly around 50% than they do now.

4. Disagree.  The Strait map needs to have its spawns and caps moved around, just like was done for Tears of the Desert.  (Not the exact same changes, just conceptually.)

I've suggested before that they should make Domination mode on Strait similar to how it was set up for the last tier 6 Ranked season.  Spawn the teams in the NE and SW.  Have the caps where they were in Ranked.  Teams would have some interesting options, but they'd start on the same side of the map/islands. 

As for Strait Standard, I'd suggest spawning the teams again in the NE and SW, but put the two bases where the current A and C caps are.

And if they really wanted to do something interesting, have a Strait Epicenter, where the rings were centered on where the current B cap is.  Spawns once again in the NE and SW.

The Strait map isn't bad.  Its problem is how the players play it.  And that can be fixed by changing spawn and cap locations.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×