You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MrDeaf

Gold of France Campaign.... 1800 x6 ribbons? are you shipping me?

44 comments in this topic

[SYN]
Members
14,459 posts
10,475 battles

So the 2nd part is, earn 6★

• 1800 Ribbons, T5-10, any ship = 1★
  • 1500 Ribbons, T6-10, French ships = 2★
  • 1000 Ribbons, Aigle = 3★
  • 1000 Ribbons, T8-10 French BBs = 3★

Now, you can complete these in coop, over any number of games, but the ribbon count required is hilarious, if you don't have a full secondary spec Alsance.

In fact, the 3rd part of this campaign is much less tedious than the 2nd part, since it only asks that you get XP after modifiers are applied.

40k XP? that is nothing. Hell, even 100k XP is nothing.

1000 -1800 Ribbons?, which need to be repeated 2 to 6 times? are you shipping me?

Edited by MrDeaf
  • Cool 3

[KNMSU]
Members
3,371 posts
4,003 battles

Yeah, it's annoying. It's basically 1800 shell hits, as far as I look at it. Cruisers likely complete it a lot faster than battleships. I've been plodding along, chipping away at it at a snail's pace. 

[FML]
Members
1,767 posts
10,153 battles
14 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

• 1500 Ribbons, T6-10, French ships = 1★

Now, you can complete these in coop, over any number of games, but the ribbon count required is hilarious, if you don't have a full secondary spec Alsance.

In fact, the 3rd part of this campaign is much less tedious than the 2nd part, since it only asks that you get XP after modifiers are applied.

1000 -1800 Ribbons?, which need to be repeated 2 to 6 times? are you shipping me?

Yeah, it isn’t meant to be done in 5 minutes. I’ve been using my tier 8 and 9 French cruisers to grind missions 1 and 2 simultaneously. I figure I’m doing about 200-250 hits and other ribbons per battle so will take about 8 battles per star. 

That is doable. 

Dont use a battleship. 

[NDA]
Supertester
4,847 posts
13,843 battles

First off Task Two of the French Campaign gives you two stars. 

Now the Ribbon requirements are just silly. I only had one French ship in port and only getting 35+ ribbons with a Normandie wasn't going to work. I broke down and repurchased the T7 French cruiser just to get those shell hit ribbons. But any ship that can reload 12 seconds or less is good for farming hit ribbons. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,253 posts
8,634 battles

Well... it's better than plane kills? 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[WOLF2]
Members
893 posts
7,274 battles

Figured it was a good opportunity to get to know my Saint-Louis.    Might as well use her to grind to Henri AND get the campaign done.   So, it's three stars, as the Saint-Louis can work Mission 1 and 2 together.    I do run a Neptune round first (towards the 1800) to get both of them about even - 1500 left, and then use Saint-Louis to get 'em.   Got through one round, and working the second set.  Hopefully will finish to get to final mission tonight.

[WOLF5]
Members
460 posts
18,981 battles
28 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

Uh you do realize that assuming you've got a T-8+ French BB, you can do #1, #2 and #4 at the same time. Once you get down to 800/500 ribbons, swap to any other French ship and then do the last 300 in whatever you want. 

It's not as hard as you think it is since Fires, Incapacitations, Secondaries, Planes, defenses/captures and sinks all count as ribbons you can earn in a French BB. It's not just main battery hits. 

• Cool 2

[70]
Members
974 posts
3,846 battles

My Fiji got 285 hits in one PVP match today, so over 300 ribbons in one match.

I figure I can do the 1500 in my French cruisers and earned BBs once in the course of the dailies it takes to do 1800 in other ships 4 times.

Or I can get Aigle before then through the missions.

The grinding creds for first stage is more annoying to me as I no longer have prem account.

[KOOKS]
Beta Testers
269 posts
8,840 battles

Piece of cake... you can make 2 missions at a time (3 if premium) so they stack together. A secondaries built richelieu on coop makes easily 200 hits per match, if you play smart and avoid torps and ramming. Just go 10 km from enemy and keep there, getting many secondaries hits (i averaged 200-250 ribbons per match). Or use the aigle, abuse smoke-island cover and get 100-150 per match. No need to rush, and remember you can have 2-3 missions active at same time.

Good luck and patience

[SYN]
Members
14,459 posts
10,475 battles
2 minutes ago, h9k_a said:

Uh you do realize that assuming you've got a T-8+ French BB, you can do #1, #2 and #4 at the same time. Once you get down to 800/500 ribbons, swap to any other French ship and then do the last 300 in whatever you want. 

It's not as hard as you think it is since Fires, Incapacitations, Secondaries, Planes, defenses/captures and sinks all count as ribbons you can earn in a French BB. It's not just main battery hits. 

I'm not complaining about the difficulty

I'm complaining about how tedious it is.

And no, You do not understand just how tedious this is, especially if you try to use a French BB.

You might think that Secondary spec Richelieu, Gascogne and Republique are good for farming ribbons in, but there is really only the Alsance with spammy secondaries and somewhat decent firing arcs.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
3,480 posts
1,522 battles

It is actually pretty easy.  Remember you get ribbons for just about everything you do and even in a BB your probably able to do 75 ribbons a battle pretty easily. Move over to light cruiser and your probably knocking out like 150 or more a match.  

[WOLF5]
Members
460 posts
18,981 battles
Just now, MrDeaf said:

And no, You do not understand just how tedious this is, especially if you try to use a French BB.

You might think that Secondary spec Richelieu, Gascogne and Republique are good for farming ribbons in, but there is really only the Alsance with spammy secondaries and somewhat decent firing arcs.

Since I already finished it, yes I know exactly how tedious it was. Spent Thursday playing the Richelieu instead of my normal ships. It wasn't that hard to get 80 ribbons per co-op match. 

[RKLES]
Members
7,215 posts
9,006 battles

That mission that requires French ship tier 8+ get a ship like Richelieu, arm it with AR, BFT, AFT, and have top hull. Then go in nice and close and rack up the secondary and main gun hits and you can complete the missions rather quickly.

• Cool 1

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles

pro tip. Do em at the same time. Also yolo co-op secondary ribbons are fun

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,157 posts
10,157 battles

3 matches with Alsace in Coop yielded 1000 ribbons, because secondaries and AA are ridiculous. 

Aigle was painful. but done finally. 

[PROJX]
Members
976 posts
15,763 battles

There are a lot of moving pieces w/ this Collection but fundamentally, it really amounts to 2 things:

• Completing the collection so you can get the Special French Commander
  • Completing the Campaign Missions so that you can get all the special cammos

Based on the way the containers were awarded in Pt1 & Pt2 of this event, you had a resonable probability of completing the acquisition of your French Commander by the completion of Mission 1 of this Pt2 Campaign - this is true if you used your duplicate trades most efficiently & saved all the dups until you had enough to complete the collection, then traded them in for the missing collection pieces.   So the French Commander should not be an issue unless the duplicates were not traded efficiently.

To complete the second Campaign you have until the 28th.   In addition to the suggestions put forth by other posters re: what ships/types to use to get the Campain Mission 2 - Main Battery Hits done to the point of collecting the 6 pins, there are 2 other possibilities which may or may not be preferable to you.  These options can also be factored into what you chose to do if the 1500/1800 hits & repeat options aren't practical:

• If you had been completing the Aigle Challenge Tasks and haven't skipped any, you could get your Free Aigle as soon as Mar 9 when the 18th task unlocks.  You then have 18 days to use Aigle for the 3 star tasks as an option, instead.
  • If you started grinding the French BB line or had a headstart at one of the Container Box Personal Mission ships, you could also work thru the 5-7 ships & get to Tier 8 w/ time to use the T8 BB as another option (depending on your grind speed, you may have 2 wks or more if you focused on this option). 
Edited by hangglide42

[XBRTC]
Members
1,424 posts
7,453 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

That mission that requires French ship tier 8+ get a ship like Richelieu, arm it with AR, BFT, AFT, and have top hull. Then go in nice and close and rack up the secondary and main gun hits and you can complete the missions rather quickly.

Exactly. Richelieu is your friend on this one. I'm working on that task right now.

image.thumb.png.2016fca476cd10f67c50a097f0fc076e.png

Members
1,201 posts
8,185 battles

Yeah, it'll probably take me more than a week to get that many ribbons, but so what?  I've got 4 weeks to do the campaign and there are no other campaigns that currently require my attention.  I'll get some ribbons every game I play and be done with plenty of time to spare, I'm sure.

[RKLES]
Members
7,215 posts
9,006 battles
10 minutes ago, Vaidency said:

Yeah, it'll probably take me more than a week to get that many ribbons, but so what?  I've got 4 weeks to do the campaign and there are no other campaigns that currently require my attention.  I'll get some ribbons every game I play and be done with plenty of time to spare, I'm sure.

Lol I had to rush it because I Do Not have 4 weeks to complete the Campaign. So I attacked in Banzai charges few times and got the ribbons in Richelieu done fast...

:Smile_teethhappy:

Now I am on the XP missions which will take a little longer.

[SVF]
Members
959 posts
1,292 battles
2 hours ago, MrDeaf said:

I completed the ribbon tasks by doing Tasks 2 and 4 simultaneously in PvE with Richelieu.  I slung nothing but HE to get incapacitation and fire ribbons and got closer than was likely wise to increase my secondary hit ribbon count for over 3 hours earlier today.  It was rather suboptimal play, as there were many occasions were I could have erased broadsiding/bow-on bot cruisers with 380mm AP.  The XP missions will be a relief in that I can play BBs the way they should be played again.

[INTEL]
Members
8,594 posts
25,738 battles

Remember, no damage hits are  ribbons. You can farm ribbons in coop by firing AP. This will keep the bots alive longer because of the shatters and no-pen hits, and you can farm extra ribbons. 

Members
1,697 posts
7,233 battles
3 hours ago, MrDeaf said:

I completed the entire ribbons part of missions in one day using only Richelieu.  It was not nearly as tedious as you make it sound to be, it was earning 1000 ribbons in 3-4 games.