You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
atPrick__

Please, please explain why BBs are the focus of this game?

84 comments in this topic

[0O0O0]
Members
16,315 posts
12,175 battles

Game is centralized around Battleships, not sure why?

Edited by atPrick__
  • Bad 1

[PSP]
Members
6,314 posts
8,937 battles

CVs are limited to one, higher tier, or two mid-tier. DDs are limited to five per team. This leaves BBs and CA/CLs to fill up the rest of the slots. New players like BBs because they are tanky and do not evaporate at the first salvo. With BBs you don't have to learn much more than to point your nose at the enemy and you can fire from afar. The other types are harder to play as they have less armor and shorter range. BBs get boring though. My favorite ships are cruisers.

But with 11k games you know all this.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 7

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
6 minutes ago, atPrick__ said:

Because the original name for the game was World of Battleships and they make up the majority of the population. I wish I were kidding.

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,242 posts
9,942 battles

Because big boat =s best boat?:fish_book:

[WDS]
Members
385 posts
7,061 battles
10 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

CVs are limited to one, higher tier, or two mid-tier. DDs are limited to five per team. This leaves BBs and CA/CLs to fill up the rest of the slots. New players like BBs because they are tanky and do not evaporate at the first salvo. With BBs you don't have to learn much more than to point your nose at the enemy and you can fire from afar. The other types are harder to play as they have less armor and shorter range. BBs get boring though. My favorite ships are cruisers.

But with 11k games you know all this.

First off much props to you for all the great stuff u do on the forum your songs and poems are great . But I have to say that playing BB's is more than pointing your nose at the enemy and shooting from afar it's easy to play a BB but really hard to play it well .

• Cool 2

[0O0O0]
Members
16,315 posts
12,175 battles

It's WoT on Water, yet..  the ijn killed not on the US but More so the Russians. Big boats, [edited] that....you want to sell crap....

• Boring 2

[0O0O0]
Members
16,315 posts
12,175 battles

WoT on Water. ..

[-BRS-]
Members
1,640 posts
13,617 battles

Because we need something to shoot at what's easier to shoot at than a battleship sitting there:cap_yes:

[0O0O0]
Members
16,315 posts
12,175 battles

Over it..... Fix the Cvs make it correct.....

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[HINON]
Members
9,045 posts
18 minutes ago, w4spl3g said:

Because the original name for the game was World of Battleships and they make up the majority of the population. I wish I were kidding.

Plurality of the population.

[_ARP_]
[_ARP_]
Beta Testers
564 posts
5,215 battles

The reason why there are so many battleships is quite simple. They are easy to play for new players, they hit hard when aimed correctly and don't punish mistakes by the driver as much as destroyers or cruisers do. Plus you just had the French Battleships released, give it time, they will balance back out  in a week or two.

[WDS]
Members
385 posts
7,061 battles
7 minutes ago, atPrick__ said:

Over it..... Fix the Cvs make it correct.....

What do u propose ?

[WOLF3]
Members
6,473 posts
2,414 battles

Simple -- they don't die quickly. 

• You can make an error and recover,
  • you can be in-game a long while instead of watching from the bottom of sea,
  • they can deal frightful amounts of damage, earning big XP and $$.
  • they are every schoolboys fantasy.  (Do kids still draw pictures of combat with red lines for shooting and flames?)

I'd like to see fewer, but right now the new French line has everyone grinding them...

[WDS]
Members
385 posts
7,061 battles
1 minute ago, iDuckman said:

Simple -- they don't die quickly. 

• You can make an error and recover,
  • you can be in-game a long while instead of watching from the bottom of sea,
  • they can deal frightful amounts of damage, earning big XP and $$.
  • they are every schoolboys fantasy.  (Do kids still draw pictures of combat with red lines for shooting and flames?)

I'd like to see fewer, but right now the new French line has everyone grinding them...

So you want speed , fire power , concealment , smoke , torps , and more health ?

Members
2,481 posts
2,336 battles
10 minutes ago, clammboy said:

So you want speed , fire power , concealment , smoke , torps , and more health ?

0QFUcnT.jpg

• Funny 4

[WDS]
Members
385 posts
7,061 battles
4 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Wut?

Sorry perhaps I misread your quote .

[KNMSU]
Members
3,370 posts
4,003 battles

Because battleships and battlecruisers are the iconic warships of the game's timeframe. We still have aircraft carriers/destroyers, and heavy/light cruisers are a less well known ship type. Nothing says drama or intimidation like a capital ship with guns. 

• Cool 1

[PSP]
Members
6,314 posts
8,937 battles
8 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_Kongo said:

Because battleships and battlecruisers are the iconic warships of the game's timeframe. We still have aircraft carriers/destroyers, and heavy/light cruisers are a less well known ship type. Nothing says drama or intimidation like a capital ship with guns. 

That's true. Just look at how many people visit battleships that are preserved as museum ships versus smaller ships. Of course, you can run a whole lot more people over a battleship per day than through a WWII submarine too.

Edited by Snargfargle

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,419 battles

I honestly feel it's balanced between ship types. There are great DD and Cruiser captains out there and I salute each and every one of you guys. Honestly in my opinion the DD guys are the best. Nerves of steel. I play BBs because that is my skill level. Need to put in the time in other ships I know. Just Ghostdog's take.

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,419 battles
Just now, Snargfargle said:

That's true. Just look at how many people visit battleships that are preserved as museum ships versus smaller ships. Of course, you can run a whole lot more people over a battleship per day than through a WWII submarine too.

Hey Snarg. No new parodies lately?

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,253 posts
8,624 battles

This BBaby likes that the game panders to him. Thanks WG!

• Cool 2

[TCNNA]
Members
107 posts
4,016 battles
1 hour ago, clammboy said:

First off much props to you for all the great stuff u do on the forum your songs and poems are great . But I have to say that playing BB's is more than pointing your nose at the enemy and shooting from afar it's easy to play a BB but really hard to play it well .

Besides aircraft carriers I think that's true for every ship class.

[TCNNA]
Members
107 posts
4,016 battles
19 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

I honestly feel it's balanced between ship types. There are great DD and Cruiser captains out there and I salute each and every one of you guys. Honestly in my opinion the DD guys are the best. Nerves of steel. I play BBs because that is my skill level. Need to put in the time in other ships I know. Just Ghostdog's take.

There is a certain thrill to playing as a destroyer. Especially the Russian and American destroyers.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,214 posts
9,006 battles
1 hour ago, atPrick__ said:

Because BBs were a major focus of the Naval Arms Race that led up to WWI and into WWII.

• Cool 2