Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Apologies for Today

11 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,912
[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,844 posts
13,064 battles

I was a DD in smoke and saw a red BB and a CA round a corner together, and began pounding the BB with HE...set him on fire.  It's a highly dynamic situation...multiple threats all directions...I had just dispatched their radaring Baltimore.  Planes overhead.  BB shooting into smoke and trying to peg me.  With friendly help, the BB finally succumb to the attack and I immediately switched targets to the CA...and begin to wear him down too.  After several salvos...it hit me...he was a friendly.  Oooops!  Got him 19 times.  

My apologies if you're out there.  I totally mucked that one up.  Just a combination of lots of "game" stress, intense focus, and the threat proximity direction.  Again totally my screw up.  I gave you good karma at the end...and accept any bad karma I got.  Good news...is we won.

Edited by Soshi_Sone
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
434
[-BRS-]
Members
1,632 posts
13,606 battles

LOL I did that a long long long time ago when I  first started I was so mad because I couldn't lock on to this guy after a few broadsides I realized he was on my team oops:Smile_facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38
[FAITH]
Members
196 posts
3,951 battles

Dont the pink words in chat and the angry voices telling you to stop shooting friendlies grab your attention after the first few shots? xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
199
[MEIST]
Members
871 posts
3,059 battles
8 minutes ago, Q___________Q said:

Dont the pink words in chat and the angry voices telling you to stop shooting friendlies grab your attention after the first few shots? xD

Lol, you would think that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,062
[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,896 posts
10,457 battles

They really need to remove Friendly damage from the game. 

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
319
[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles
27 minutes ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

They really need to remove Friendly damage from the game. 

If you start to child-proof the game, the children will start to come

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,572
[PSP]
Members
6,278 posts
8,908 battles

I was once side by side to another cruiser behind an island on one of those maps with an island in the cap. Neither of us knew the other was there and we were both firing at enemy ships. Unfortunately, every we fired was hitting the other. Both of us were in binocular mode so neither of us saw the damage reports building up in chat. Finally, I looked up to see why the ship I was firing on was never getting hit and found that both teams were laughing so hard about us that nobody was fighting -- they all were just watching us shoot each other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,572
[PSP]
Members
6,278 posts
8,908 battles
1 minute ago, MCCIV said:

If you start to child-proof the game, the children will start to come

I am beginning to see large numbers of "pink" ships in random games. From what I see of indiscriminate firing and torpedo launching in scenarios, I'm convinced that they engender bad habits in some players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,023 posts
3,549 battles

Been there done that when I first started. You get so focused that you end mistaking a friendly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,912
[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,844 posts
13,064 battles
23 hours ago, Q___________Q said:

Dont the pink words in chat and the angry voices telling you to stop shooting friendlies grab your attention after the first few shots? xD

 

If you ever get the chance to work human factors engineering with humans under stress, some of the key examples you will come across involve warning "bells and whistles".  There are situations where the most obvious warning alarm is missed when the human reaches a certain audio visual saturation point.  This is often exacerbated by the misinterpretation of other audio, visual, or perceptional data.  

One pilot cockpit solution, albeit not the perfect solution, is a female voice is used to declare the warning.  Ostensibly, the female voice tone is far enough divorced form the other cacophony of sounds, that it helps knock the pilot out of his fixation and take note of the warning.

Suffice to say, humans have a limited ability to act on multiple inputs and can become task saturated to the point where the obvious situation as seen from an outsider is lost in the weeds to the human "in the moment".

I'm not attempting to justify my failure.  Just pointing out the reality of the human factor.  I got task saturated...and missed the obvious.  Although it wasn't a life threatening situation (it's a GAME...after all)...I was "all in" mentally.  The warning bells in my head finally got through.  And I immediately thought, "I'm so stupid, how did I F that up".  But in the moment...it was real. 

This is why we should all be careful when we "judge" real life drama.  The friendly fire incident during real war fighting.  It's easy to sit back in our easy chair and think "How could he be so stupid"!  Or the shooting incidents by cops (or even citizens) during a high stress situation.    

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9
[THOR]
Members
88 posts
3,347 battles
3 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

 

If you ever get the chance to work human factors engineering with humans under stress, some of the key examples you will come across involve warning "bells and whistles".  There are situations where the most obvious warning alarm is missed when the human reaches a certain audio visual saturation point.  This is often exacerbated by the misinterpretation of other audio, visual, or perceptional data.  

One pilot cockpit solution, albeit not the perfect solution, is a female voice is used to declare the warning.  Ostensibly, the female voice tone is far enough divorced form the other cacophony of sounds, that it helps knock the pilot out of his fixation and take note of the warning.

Suffice to say, humans have a limited ability to act on multiple inputs and can become task saturated to the point where the obvious situation as seen from an outsider is lost in the weeds to the human "in the moment".

I'm not attempting to justify my failure.  Just pointing out the reality of the human factor.  I got task saturated...and missed the obvious.  Although it wasn't a life threatening situation (it's a GAME...after all)...I was "all in" mentally.  The warning bells in my head finally got through.  And I immediately thought, "I'm so stupid, how did I F that up".  But in the moment...it was real. 

This is why we should all be careful when we "judge" real life drama.  The friendly fire incident during real war fighting.  It's easy to sit back in our easy chair and think "How could he be so stupid"!  Or the shooting incidents by cops (or even citizens) during a high stress situation.    

Nice response we make mistakes and you did the right thing at the end. kudos to you. Your the player I want on my team. Salute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×