Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lert

Did 7.2 fix the anime voices?

14 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Supertester
19,246 posts
12,791 battles

My Musashi captained by Moeka China finally has the right voice, Moeka's. I will have to check my ARP captains as well. Be nice if this meant the long standing national voices bug was finally fixed.

[4HIM]
Members
1,813 posts
4,139 battles

I just did the fix where you rename the folder with the voices in it and Thea worked.  But I don't use other nations voices so I don't know it that messed them up or not.   

[VVV]
[VVV]
Members
683 posts
10,552 battles

Appears not I took Harekaze with Akeno Misaki into training room and with National on and nothing sounded like a Normal  Japanese Captain  even F key commands were normal Captains.  

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,182 battles
13 minutes ago, Lert said:

My Musashi captained by Moeka China finally has the right voice, Moeka's. I will have to check my ARP captains as well. Be nice if this meant the long standing national voices bug was finally fixed.

I eagerly await the results. 

[HINON]
Supertester
19,246 posts
12,791 battles
3 minutes ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

I eagerly await the results. 

Well, my ARP Takao sounds like Takao.

[VVV]
[VVV]
Members
683 posts
10,552 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

Well, my ARP Takao sounds like Takao.

Odd mine are still bugged Hmm 

[VVV]
[VVV]
Members
683 posts
10,552 battles

Lert do you use game center or the old client without it. I'm wondering if there is some connection. I'm using the older client and so far all the voices are still screwed up for me at least 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,166 posts
14,583 battles

National Voice Setting on, had Moeka China, an HSF captain on Amagi, it's still the Japanese male captain voice.

4 minutes ago, yamato6945 said:

Lert do you use game center or the old client without it. I'm wondering if there is some connection. I'm using the older client and so far all the voices are still screwed up for me at least 

I'm using game center version, the one with the shared launcher with tabs for WoWS & WoWP.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[VVV]
[VVV]
Members
683 posts
10,552 battles
1 minute ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

National Voice Setting on, had Moeka China, an HSF captain on Amagi, it's still the Japanese male captain voice.

I'm using game center version, the one with the shared launcher with tabs for WoWS & WoWP.

Well there goes that theory 

[HINON]
Supertester
19,246 posts
12,791 battles

I think I figured it out. I had to clean reinstall my client today, the audio settings were still standard. English voiceover language and Standard voiceover modification. The Anime characters sound like themselves but everyone else sounds American - including my German, Russian and French ships, etc.

So still not fixed.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,166 posts
14,583 battles

Another weird thing, if you set the voice mod to Standard, and have that HSF / ARP captain on the ship, you do hear the proper character voices, but everyone else sounds like yours when they hit their function function key commands.

This whole thing is a d*mn mess.  It originally all worked fine then got borked a while ago.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,182 battles
41 minutes ago, Lert said:

So still not fixed.

Dammit had my hopes up too. Come on Wargaming fix them already. 

Sign in to follow this