Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
OlTanker

Please give us a chat block

6 comments in this topic

[FYYFF]
Members
30 posts
2,467 battles

For the love of sushi will you please give us a way to block the little kiddies who cannot stop spamming the F keys. Trying blocking them in chat does NOT stop them from continuously hitting F keys. In addition I went into settings and disable the horn sounds, but that didn't work either. Between those two issues I am ready to just delete the game again, this time permanently. All it would take is a simple chat block and a working horn cutout setting. Please let me shut the little kiddies off.

Members
38 posts
8,091 battles

It would be nice to completely block a members communication so that you never hear from them again, they are like stalkers. We can block them from out of battle contact but they still have the ability to contact you in battle. These people are stalkers, plain and simple. We should be able to block anything they type or any key stroke simply by blocking their screen name. We should be able to pull up the play list in battle and block them while in battle, we should not have to turn chat completely off. Other games can do it why can't you?

[RKLES]
Members
7,195 posts
8,951 battles

In battle hit enter key to activate the chat box, then hold control key to enable use of mouse cursor, and below where you type in chat is an X just click that and chat will be blocked for duration of the battle.

Members
38 posts
8,091 battles
10 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

In battle hit enter key to activate the chat box, then hold control key to enable use of mouse cursor, and below where you type in chat is an X just click that and chat will be blocked for duration of the battle.

In my previous message I quote (we should not have to turn chat completely off), this implies that I know how to turn in battle chat off, turning chat completely off should not be a resolution to prevent 1 in-game stalker from contacting you, a way to turn off the chat of 1 individual player as well as all future communications from that player should exist. If enough players block 1 individual, you will know there is an issue with 1 person which would allow world of warships to investigate the cause.

Edited by Cerberus_Hellhound_
to add additional information

[RKLES]
Members
7,195 posts
8,951 battles
1 minute ago, Cerberus_Hellhound_ said:

In my previous message I quote (we should not have to turn chat completely off), this implies that I know how to turn in battle chat off, turning chat completely off should not be a resolution to prevent 1 in-game stalker from contacting you, a way to turn off the chat of 1 individual player as well as all future communications from that player should exist.

I know, I just left my message because in these type of threads the question of how to turn off battle chat usually gets asked. So just in case left the answer on how to do so, especially since these Summer teams can make chat rather toxic if you get the wrong players in battle.

Members
38 posts
8,091 battles

Well, turning chat off completely is more of a Band-Aid and it doesn't remain on, you have to turn it off every single time you go into battle if you don't want all the chat. As far as chat goes, if you don't want it at all, you should not be required to turn it off in every battle repeatedly, if you have to do that to turn it off its like the game is saying that it really doesn't care if you don't want to see any chat, it would just make turning it off easier if you could lock it in place.

Sign in to follow this