Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

55 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Supertester
19,232 posts
12,759 battles

Nice nice. Seems that the ROF and pen are working out well for you.

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,897 posts
10,471 battles

Luckily no dm spammed you with ap

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,571 posts

One of my first battles:
Kill 1. Ambush a destroyer hiding behind a rock
Kill 2. Dev-strike a full-health Saint-Louis
Kills 3-4.... Pop up around the corner from a Bismarck, ram him... then skip off his hull and slam into the Montana behind him.
doubleram_by_chobittsu_studios-dc4nelb.p

You can bet I was cackling the whole time....... because I was.

• Cool 1

[OPG]
Members
3,974 posts
5,678 battles
2 hours ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Hows the accuracy of those guns? Did you get those cits with aiming?

The accuracy isn't bad at all.  I was scoring citadels on flat broadside Iowa's 20km away and had no problem hitting shells.  It's not quite Yamato accurate, but I don't think I've ever had any salvos were dispersion just said nope.  

1 hour ago, Lert said:

Nice nice. Seems that the ROF and pen are working out well for you.

The increased RoF is actually really nice.  The strength of the République is not how many shells it sends down range, but when it sends them.  I got off a double citadel volley on a Yamato just as he was about to go behind an island simply because my reload was sub 18 seconds.  I find there are so many more appetizing broadsides to shoot at simply because my guns are ready to fire.  I'll often catch someone making a turn that he probably assumed he could have gotten away with against any normal BB, and the reload is just ridiculous once AR really starts to set in.  At longer ranges my guns are practically reloaded by the time the shells land.  

Of course you've probably already experienced most of this for yourself, but I still thought I'd throw it out there for anyone else who still has doubts about the ship.  It may not find a competitive niche, but it has my stamp of approval for random battles.    

Edited by yashma
  • Cool 4
  • Bad 1

[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles
Just now, yashma said:

The accuracy isn't bad at all.  I was scoring citadels on flat broadside Iowa's 20km away and had no problem hitting shells.  It's not quite Yamato accurate, but I don't think I've ever had any salvos were dispersion just said nope.      

Cool, thanks Yashma! :)

[PT8TO]
Members
1,410 posts
13,278 battles
46 minutes ago, yashma said:

shot-18.03.03_09.23.50-0469.jpg

Wait that looks familiar..... was I in that game on the other team lol?

Edited by GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

[HINON]
Supertester
19,232 posts
12,759 battles
2 minutes ago, yashma said:

The increased RoF is actually really nice.  The strength of the République is not how many shells it sends down range, but when it sends them.  I got off a double citadel volley on a Yamato just as he was about to go behind an island simply because my reload was sub 18 seconds.  I find there are so many more appetizing broadsides to shoot at simply because my guns are ready to fire.  I'll often catch someone making a turn that he probably assumed he could have gotten away with against any normal BB, and the reload is just ridiculous once AR really starts to set in.  At longer ranges my guns are practically reloaded by the time the shells land. 

Very well said. Republique is about taking advantage of opportunities.

3 minutes ago, yashma said:

Of course you've probably already experienced most of this for yourself

Yeap. Just can't really talk about it, so I nudge people like you into saying it for me. :)

[PT8TO]
Members
1,410 posts
13,278 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

Very well said. Republique is about taking advantage of opportunities.

Yeap. Just can't really talk about it, so I nudge people like you into saying it for me. :)

Wonder if he is using the New captain with increased Adrenaline rush?

Ive almost got mine to 19 points cant wait to put him on my Alsace

Edited by GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

[HINON]
Supertester
19,232 posts
12,759 battles
3 minutes ago, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

Has to be at least using AR. He mentioned an 18s reload. It gets a 24.something s reload normally, with MBM3 that goes down to 21.1. Only way you're getting 18s is if you're using AR and have been beaten up on for a bit. JJH just synergises well with the .ine in general, I have him on my Richelieu and am planning to move him all the way up to Republique when I get and grind through Alsace.

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,176 battles
52 minutes ago, yashma said:

shot-18.03.03_09.23.50-0469.jpg

Seeing this just makes me laugh at the people who said she would suck with only 8 guns in 2 turrets. 

[OPG]
Members
3,974 posts
5,678 battles
4 minutes ago, Lert said:

Wow, you can't even talk about your super test experiences even after the ship goes live? :Smile_amazed:

2 minutes ago, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

I just checked the battle results and didn't see you on the team list.  

[HINON]
Supertester
19,232 posts
12,759 battles
Just now, yashma said:

Wow, you can't even talk about your super test experiences even after the ship goes live? :Smile_amazed:

Nope. Anything that happens before the ship goes live remains NDA'd.

[OPG]
Members
3,974 posts
5,678 battles
4 minutes ago, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

Oh you betchya I am.  I've been saving up all my elite XP and got Honoré to 17 points the moment I got him.  I then threw every single economic flag and camo I could find on my French BBs as I ground the line, and by the time I was to the République I was at 19 points.  

• Cool 1

[PT8TO]
Members
1,410 posts
13,278 battles
2 minutes ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Seeing this just makes me laugh at the people who said she would suck with only 8 guns in 2 turrets. 

Imagine when they fix the armor and you can be a little more aggressive with it and not have to worry about your side as much

[PT8TO]
Members
1,410 posts
13,278 battles
4 minutes ago, yashma said:

I just checked the battle results and didn't see you on the team list.  

Another guy had a 300k game in it yesterday then.  Scary good ship in the right hands

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,176 battles
2 minutes ago, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

Imagine when they fix the armor and you can be a little more aggressive with it and not have to worry about your side as much

Indeed. -insert laughing evil Frenchman gif-

[OPG]
Members
3,974 posts
5,678 battles
9 minutes ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

I have to admit I had some doubts about her myself.  I always knew she was going to be decent ship, I am that weird kid that occasionally uses the 457 on the Conqueror after all....but I was a little worried she wouldn't quite stack up to the other Tier 10 BBs.  On paper her DPM isn't actually all that impressive, and she can't compare to the alpha strike of the other BBs, but as I mentioned above, it's the intangibles that make her so strong.  

The quicker RoF isn't valuable because of the boost to DPM, it's so valuable because it improves the quality of shots the République can take.  And that AP hits hard....

Edited by yashma

[HINON]
Supertester
19,232 posts
12,759 battles
1 minute ago, yashma said:

And that AP hits hard....

I don't have the exact numbers here but that 17" AP has ridiculous pen.

[KSC]
Members
83 posts
9,800 battles

I've scored cits on Conqueror multiple times also in mine. Had it happen in a random battle as has a clan member. So I tried it in the training room.  ~15km or so at the water line under the guns.  I'm enjoying the boat even if I can't win in it.

Edited by tviper2003

Sign in to follow this