Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Taichunger

Lyon guns better than I thought? Armor models bugged?

16 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
8,587 posts
25,712 battles

image.thumb.png.2611900eaf74c6b3e66e2364a45e9cab.png

I have been a little shocked at the performance of Lyon's guns in the last few days. In Randoms I put two cits on N Mex broadside at about 11 kms in consecutive salvos. In Hermes I cit a Tirpitz at 11 kms, again broadside. And then in Coop just now I put a cit on a slightly angled Gneisenau, which was the first time I think I have ever cit a Gneis. Are Lyon's guns good? Am I just having good run of luck? Or are the armor models bugged?

Edited by Taichunger

[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
756 posts
6,974 battles

It may have more to do with the number of guns... I find firing 16 shells at pretty much anything seems to get better results....

I've also had full salvos that manage to do only 950 damage - one overpen....

[HINON]
Supertester
19,224 posts
12,756 battles

Sample size, low amount of battles / volleys vs high amount of barrels per volley.  I'd say luck is what happened here.

[OPG]
[OPG]
Members
137 posts
7,330 battles

Its just that the Lyon has so many guns, your literally bound to hit something. I was able to double cit a North Carolina from 14km with the ship :)

[RKN]
Members
1,424 posts
12,132 battles
52 minutes ago, Thraxian said:

It may have more to do with the number of guns... I find firing 16 shells at pretty much anything seems to get better results....

So the more barrels you have the more citadels you get? I'm not sure that is how it works.

I am sure there is an armour model bug. Here is a screen cap of me citadelling a Tirpitz in my Fiji.

zSzx4jF.jpg

I mean come on.

• Boring 1

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
10 minutes ago, NotoriousRNG said:

So the more barrels you have the more citadels you get? I'm not sure that is how it works.

I am sure there is an armour model bug. Here is a screen cap of me citadelling a Tirpitz in my Fiji.

zSzx4jF.jpg

I mean come on.

I've citadeled a Bismarck with Prinz Eugen, but that was a long time ago.

Alpha Tester
114 posts
5,309 battles

It's a really fun ship for when you want to play a risk  vs reward playstyle. Tanky? Not especially, but you can extract yourself from sticky situations.

I'm keeping it: my Tier 7 DERP.

[SYN]
Members
14,455 posts
10,465 battles

Lyon/Normandie do have 400mm of penetration at 12km.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,224 posts
12,756 battles
46 minutes ago, NotoriousRNG said:

So the more barrels you have the more citadels you get?

The more dice you roll, the more chances for a natural 20.

That said, they did change the way that terminal ballistics work in this game, and this could be a side-effect.

• Cool 1

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

french has longer arm time fuse on their AP, so may be that helps get cits on  german  BB.  I've seen it happen as well at least in operation.   

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,896 posts
10,457 battles

My favorite moment was when I got 15 overpens with 1 salvo. Good damage, but if it had rolled full pens instead of overpens it would have been glorious

Members
9,975 posts

Actually ended up getting the Lyon from a crate mission yesterday. Only played a single co-op game to get a feel for it, but the guns seem seriously OP so far...multiple cits seem quite easy with this ship.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,341 posts
14,860 battles
9 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Actually ended up getting the Lyon from a crate mission yesterday. Only played a single co-op game to get a feel for it, but the guns seem seriously OP so far...multiple cits seem quite easy with this ship.

I know my cruisers do not like them...

[RKN]
Members
1,424 posts
12,132 battles
5 hours ago, Lert said:

The more dice you roll, the more chances for a natural 20.

That said, they did change the way that terminal ballistics work in this game, and this could be a side-effect.

From what he originally said, you could infer that if you wanted to citadel a Kurfurst with a black swan all you had to do was shoot a lot. We know that this is not the case because there are other factors at play. 

[HINON]
Supertester
19,224 posts
12,756 battles
4 minutes ago, NotoriousRNG said:

From what he originally said, you could infer that if you wanted to citadel a Kurfurst with a black swan all you had to do was shoot a lot. We know that this is not the case because there are other factors at play. 

Yeah well I choose to not be a stupid idiot and understand that there's more to play than just volume of fire alone. But everything else being equal and using capable enough guns, more volume of fire allows for more chances.

Sign in to follow this