You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Wolfens

Normandie my Love

11 comments in this topic

[RWBY]
Members
23 posts
7,350 battles

Dear Beloved Normandie,

Today I met you for the first time, at first glance it was love at first sight. 

You small exquisite package......you amazed me at the get-go you are so French...sexy, stylish and with a "I dont care" attitude.

The way you swish your derriere to access your rear guns, the sleek compact lines that hide a broadside so fierce. 12 guns with accuracy, hitting power and speed.....amazing!!! Magnifique!!!

Your Speed, acceleration and maneuverability, so flexible, fast...a contortionist if you will....able to do what only other can dream of....

I adore my time with you, you make every adventure enjoyable and I always look forward to being in you again.

You are my love, second only to my friend Nelson....but wow you are amazing...I cannot wait for your bigger sister Lyon.

Sincerely,

Wolfens

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
182 posts
728 battles
4 hours ago, Wolfens said:

Dear Beloved Normandie,

Today I met you for the first time, at first glance it was love at first sight. 

You small exquisite package......you amazed me at the get-go you are so French...sexy, stylish and with a "I dont care" attitude.

The way you swish your derriere to access your rear guns, the sleek compact lines that hide a broadside so fierce. 12 guns with accuracy, hitting power and speed.....amazing!!! Magnifique!!!

Your Speed, acceleration and maneuverability, so flexible, fast...a contortionist if you will....able to do what only other can dream of....

I adore my time with you, you make every adventure enjoyable and I always look forward to being in you again.

You are my love, second only to my friend Nelson....but wow you are amazing...I cannot wait for your bigger sister Lyon.

Sincerely,

Wolfens

Texas is more fun.

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles

I dont know if I was on a streak or if Normandie is just so good, but I was having insane games in her. For the first time in my life I got 2 devastating strikes, a first blood, and 7 citadels. Whats more, I did this all in the first 5 mins (I regrettably died really early). Sadly though I got the Lyon mission last night, so Au revoir Normandie

[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
755 posts
6,955 battles

The Lyon is even better than the Normandie.

1,266 posts
13 battles

Very nice letter. Glad to hear that you're enjoying the Normandie. :)

[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
Members
1,142 posts
6,012 battles

I thought this was going to be a song parody set to The Association's Never My Love.

I am disappointed :Smile_sad:

[TORND]
Members
206 posts
11,265 battles

About to say au revoir to French BB's. Wasted a lot of games on those French missions last month but stuck with only a  Bretagne. Plus 3/3 bad teams this morning. No way I'm grinding this and am not gonna waste my free xp on them. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,252 posts
8,566 battles

My first impression of the Normandie today was actually pretty positive. Guns are absolute garbage but you have a ton of them and you can close to distances where they're effective since the ship is fast. Haven't had the joy of being bottom tier in the thing yet. Also haven't gotten screwed by the weak AA yet for the same reason. So we'll see.

Members
1,536 posts
8,158 battles

Hey

I played the Normandie for the 1st time also and found her to be an improvement over the tier 5 one.  But, I also thought she would be better at T5 than T6 personally.  My first and only game was 58801 damage and was pretty happy with it, especially since it was a T8 MM game.

Pete

[R-R-R]
Members
975 posts
6,571 battles

The ship is absolutely a cruiser killer.

The shell penetration is lower than most other BBs at same tier but that seems to help landing citadels instead of overpens. I am getting tons and tons of citadels on cruisers for the past couple of days and it is really satisfying.

[KSC]
Members
32 posts
3,388 battles

I've got about 50 matches on the Normandie so far and I'm having a great time and kicking some serious [edited].  I went mostly full survivability for Cpt points, modules etc and have been running premium damage control and repair.  At first I was trying to stay medium range and engage/maneuver and was having mixed results but lately I've been getting more aggressive and it's working out great.  I try to find the right spot to push as long as my team is with me and just kind of dive in there, focusing cruisers and broadside BB's while keeping my nose against primary threats/well angled BB's until I get under 10km.  Once the range closes the sheer amount of main and secondary guns at my disposal has been winning me most close range engagements, even against uptiered BB's.  I've won plenty of duels against tier 7 BB's, even Lyons strangely enough (seems like a lot of Lyon captains are horribad about giving full broadside) and have fared as well as can be expected against the tier 8's I've come across.  Penetration power does fall off really fast against angled targets with the smaller caliber guns but they can still get the job done just through sheer volume of fire.  You can definitely still Citadel uptiered BB's too, I've gotten plunging Citadels on Bismark, Tirpitz and North Carolina in the last 2 days of play between 15-18km range.  For sure inconsistent at that range with dispersion but if you throw enough $hit at the wall....

I do feel a little bit squishy at times, not for Citadels but eating a fair number of pens while still angled.  I love the speed too, 29.5 knots at Tier VI is freaking awesome, I feel way more in control being able to dictate range against other BB's minus Ze Germans and their devil engines.  I feel pretty good about maneuverability too, haven't had any major issues with getting torped while brawling except for this one time that I nosed into an island the size of a pebble and ate a full salvo from a DD at 1km....yea let's not talk about that one.

Don't write this thing off peeps, the Normandie has it's flaws but she can dish out the pain and take some licks if you can figure out how to use her.

I can't wait to try the Lyon.  Got the xp but I'm out of cash since I'm a dummy and have bought too many new ships in different lines the last 2 weeks.

Au revoir!

-Ging Ging

• Cool 1