You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
injunmick

French boat camo

7 comments in this topic

[WFSDL]
Members
610 posts
8,404 battles

Ya know, I got Dunk a while back, and the if I recall correctly, the good camo was free. What the hell is with prices on the frog camo boats now????   Are you bastards that greedy?

• Bad 2

[OPRAH]
Members
1,027 posts
6,593 battles

yep.  it's not enough that WG wants you to buy their mediocre T8 premium BB, they also want you to pay a pretty penny for an alt camo....it doesn't even have better bonuses!  Just a different skin is all.....

[HINON]
Members
9,017 posts

If you don't like them, don't buy them. It's not all that complicated. 

Supertester
417 posts
6,097 battles

Personally, I don't feel the need to have these camos. I enjoy the Richelieu camo from the Gold of France campaign far more than these other camos. I'm also not buying the Gascogne because for me it's pretty mediocre compared to the other options of tier 8 BBs (plus I'm already on my way to the Alsace and the République, after which I'd probably never touch the Gas Can even if I had it). I'd agree it's kinda of greedy of WG to pull this one off, however this is being such a great event, with permanent camos, ships, commanders and all sorts of good stuff being given for free, so I won't really complain much.

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,488 posts
3,435 battles

You can earn the Maid of Orleans for both Gascogne and Richelieu for free, if you complete the limited-time "Gold of France" Campaign before it goes away. That's an instant 5k Doubloons savings. Don't want to buy Gascogne? Wait till you get her from an SC or a Santa Crate. The Maid of Orleans camouflage will be waiting for you then.

If you're complaining about the Republic Camouflage cost, it has the exact same bonuses as the Maid of Orleans, and it's just an optional alternate you can buy if you like it. If you don't like either of them, then there's the standard 3k Doubloon Permacamo. Which also happens to have the same bonuses as the other two, but is mainly for the no-fun-allowed camouflage purists. As well, since it's an in-house design rather than a Collaboration design (like Kobayashi or HSF), WG doesn't have to give it better stats or unique stats compared to the regular Permacamo. They just charge for the extra effort that went into it, as it's a model replacer rather than just a hull reskin.

Now if you're complaining about why Dunk's camo is in rotation again in the Campaign, it's a second chance for those who missed out on the Fleur Camouflage the first time.

With that said, I do feel like the special Hull replacer Camouflages (Maid and Republic in this case) should have a slightly better bonus than the standard Permacamo, to encourage sales and usage of the camouflage. Even just an extra bonus of +50% to CXP or +50% to Credit gains would have been sufficient. If it was +50% CXP, it would allow for slightly faster Commander training or another Commander XP grind ship (when using a 19pt Commander on it). If it was the +50% Credit gain, that would conveniently help out the regular Free players who put in the effort for the free Permacamo, and would be willing to tolerate using it to help grind out extra Credits to fund their grind (the way less-mod savvy players tolerate Kobayashi Roma in order to help out their grind).

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I think this is the reason they going broke had to move and the "A" team is abandoning Ship.

[1RD]
Members
551 posts

French..... boat????? BOAT????

BOAT!!!!!!!!
start running...boy.....

I said.... Start Running, Boy!!!

The only time you call a ship a boat is when its a sub, cos then, it aint a ship, but a boat!

Everyone ever in the Navy, past present and future, no matter what nation, just put a curse on you!!!! :(