Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IfYouSeeKhaos

what happened to my Atlanta?

19 comments in this topic

Members
1,838 posts
17,651 battles

I miss my Atlanta...did it get the major nerf bat while I wasn't paying attention or did they just buff everything else...

shot-18_03.02_19_59.22-0455.thumb.jpg.6d5d68a31123ff4ead52d3e345d759a8.jpg

How is it possible to get 400 target hits (all to the same target) & only 3 fires for 26k damage?

All my Atlanta battles have been equally pathetic lately...this used to be my go to ship for 100k+ damage w/double digit fires.

What happened?

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,067 posts
6,768 battles

RNG just wasnt on your side with fires i guess, because WG doesnt directly nerf premiums, only in blanket nerfs does that happen

[RLGN]
Members
8,249 posts
17,264 battles

I think there have been some percentage changes lately; as well as a new skill that reduces the possible number of fire locations from four to three.

Beyond that? I can’t say. RNG has always hated my guts when it comes to starting fires anyway, so I never have had the amazing numbers of fires spoken of by other players.

[SALVO]
Members
17,056 posts
17,716 battles
22 minutes ago, senseNOTmade said:

Get IFHE pronto.

^So much this!!!!

Members
2,059 posts
5,097 battles

DE's fire chance was reduced from 3% to 2%, People also actually take fire prevention as a skill now. that plus some bad RNG will get you. You probably also saturated his superstructure or where hitting his belt armor, causing shatters and/or 0 damage "pens"

Edited by X15

Beta Testers
2,029 posts

I don't have IFHE and have been tearing it up in my Atlanta the last few days. Probably just bad RNG.  Happens to all of us. Man... the other day I bounced a shot off a broadside Khab with my Yammy.  A few months back I even had roughly 100 secondary hits land in a Bayern for a total of 200 damage. 

Edited by AspiringCodger

[WOLF2]
Members
380 posts
6,195 battles

I just saw 9 Atlanta's in my last match. Was one by chance yours?

Seriously....9 Atlantas :Smile_ohmy:

[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,045 posts
10,456 battles
26 minutes ago, jason199506 said:

taking a rough guess

depleted module

^ or you are firing at ships that have their DC activated and before they enter cool down.  There are a handful of guys in my clan who do massive damage in the tier 7 Operations - 200k in the now departed Narai.  They are doing great in randoms as well, so it's probably captain skills and bad timing on your target selection.

[FML]
Members
1,758 posts
10,132 battles
1 hour ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

I miss my Atlanta...did it get the major nerf bat while I wasn't paying attention or did they just buff everything else...

shot-18_03.02_19_59.22-0455.thumb.jpg.6d5d68a31123ff4ead52d3e345d759a8.jpg

How is it possible to get 400 target hits (all to the same target) & only 3 fires for 26k damage?

All my Atlanta battles have been equally pathetic lately...this used to be my go to ship for 100k+ damage w/double digit fires.

What happened?

Not sure about your personal experience, but if the shells hit the side of the ship they tend not to light fires. Also, if your shells are hitting the one place that a fire is burning, it won’t light a second one (hence you should ‘walk’ your shells over the target). Third is where RNG blessed you with many fire rolls whilst the target’s DCP was active, hence no fires. 

Essentially, don’t stand near your friends. You’re really unlucky atm. 

Members
3,782 posts
14,050 battles
1 hour ago, khan1670 said:

Seriously....9 Atlantas :Smile_ohmy:

Hell, I don't drive my sooper squishy 'Lanta in Randoms anymore. As soon as I get detected everybody and their Grandmother is gunning me. I spend more time running and hiding than I do shooting. :Smile_ohmy:

[SYN]
Members
14,455 posts
10,459 battles

127mm/38 has 21mm of penetration

New Mexico has 25mm over most of its hull, all of its deck and 16mm on its super structure.

You get IFHE and that 21mm of penetration goes up to 27mm.

Problem solved.

[INTEL]
Members
8,581 posts
25,696 battles
19 hours ago, senseNOTmade said:

Get IFHE pronto.

This. This. And also this. 

Members
1,838 posts
17,651 battles
7 hours ago, senseNOTmade said:

Get IFHE pronto.

Had my Balti commander (never use HE on Balti so wasted 4 points)...used to not actually getting any pen damage on BBs w/Atlanta but he shoulda been burnt to water line by 150-175 rounds (as in the baBBy BB hostage situation---Edited: misspelled raisins...hilarious $h!t btw---Atlanta would be the go-to for baBBy BB elimination purposes).

7 hours ago, X15 said:

DE's fire chance was reduced from 3% to 2%, People also actually take fire prevention as a skill now. that plus some bad RNG will get you. You probably also saturated his superstructure or where hitting his belt armor, causing shatters and/or 0 damage "pens"

^All of that at once it seems.

6 hours ago, khan1670 said:

Nah...I was only Atlanta on either team.

6 hours ago, BiggieD61 said:

or you are firing at ships that have their DC activated and before they enter cool down

The lack of actual fires (even if they wouldn't have caused damage due to DC active) is the confusing part. I would have been less confused w/the same damage if there was around 14 fires & DC accounted for the lack of damage...but 3 fires in 400 hits???

6 hours ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Not sure about your personal experience, but if the shells hit the side of the ship they tend not to light fires. Also, if your shells are hitting the one place that a fire is burning, it won’t light a second one (hence you should ‘walk’ your shells over the target). Third is where RNG blessed you with many fire rolls whilst the target’s DCP was active, hence no fires. 

Essentially, don’t stand near your friends. You’re really unlucky atm. 

Just watched replay...SW corner of Shards...me & him all alone (only dodging his shells)...last 100 shells were mostly all in belt (I was panicking by that point) but the 1st 300 were all superstructure hits & mostly (80%) full volleys spread across the superstructure. He definitely had Fire prevention...all 3 of my fires were in center area (last 1 was part of those last 100 into belt area=300 superstructure hits w/only 2 fires).

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles

My Atlanta is working fine here. Last match I scored 13 fires on 445 hits and that's WITH IFHE bringing down the fire chance a tad, and I wasn't running the fire flags. Just bad luck, mate!

[R-F1]
Beta Testers
1,868 posts
6,855 battles
10 hours ago, tcbaker777 said:

RNG just wasnt on your side with fires i guess, because WG doesnt directly nerf premiums, only in blanket nerfs does that happen

not entirely true.  atlanta has seen nerfs since it was first released.  once upon a time it had an even higher rate of fire than it does now.  i believe her rof was nerfed in the same patch the cleveland was nerfed from its cbt state.

but yes, as a general rule, if you've seen a decline in the performance of your premiums, its likely due to either blanket nerfs (i.e. the case with the gremaschy), or simple power creep (e.g. the murmansk).

Edited by Shadeylark

Members
3,470 posts
6,173 battles
11 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

I think there have been some percentage changes lately; as well as a new skill that reduces the possible number of fire locations from four to three.

Fire Prevention has been around for a good while...  not remotely new.

Sign in to follow this