WalkaboutTigger

When will REAL chat be added?

15 comments in this topic

Members
4 posts

When will the ridiculous chat be removed and real chat, as in WOTB, be added to WoW?

I'm utterly appalled by this feature being overlooked and implemented in such a ridiculous fashion.

if you're not ever planning to add actual chat, please at least add a "Defend the base!" To the in-game chat option.

[HINON]
Members
9,019 posts

Have you tried the hot key voice commands? Like the one that says defend the base? It already exists. Hold tab and it will show you I think at the top the different ones.

[H-W-C]
Members
1,262 posts
3,355 battles

Look at your base icon.

Press F3.

"Defend the Base!"

• Cool 1

Members
2,059 posts
5,097 battles

This ^

Also try holding B while looking at various things. Commands like "set a smoke screen" "get back!" and "capture this objective" are all in the game.

[SALVO]
Members
17,055 posts
17,693 battles
2 hours ago, WalkaboutTigger said:

When will the ridiculous chat be removed and real chat, as in WOTB, be added to WoW?

I'm utterly appalled by this feature being overlooked and implemented in such a ridiculous fashion.

if you're not ever planning to add actual chat, please at least add a "Defend the base!" To the in-game chat option.

What do you consider "real chat"?

[PVE]
Members
5,618 posts
18,209 battles

If by "real chat" you mean voice chat, they actually added it. Did not last long, it was a bit buggy if memory serves. That was like a year ago maybe? Not sure what their plans on reintroducing it though. 

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
7,233 battles
1 minute ago, Taylor3006 said:

If by "real chat" you mean voice chat, they actually added it. Did not last long, it was a bit buggy if memory serves. That was like a year ago maybe? Not sure what their plans on reintroducing it though. 

Lol i had mutipul clan battle teams that i played against that was sing voice comms in game and we could hear everything they where doing, the chat is ridiculously buggy

[PVE]
Members
5,618 posts
18,209 battles
3 hours ago, JessieTheKitty said:

Lol i had mutipul clan battle teams that i played against that was sing voice comms in game and we could hear everything they where doing, the chat is ridiculously buggy

I remember it didn't stay in the game very long at all. Not even sure it made it to the next patch cycle. It was disabled pretty quickly. 

[SALT]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
3,660 posts
2,671 battles
10 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

I remember it didn't stay in the game very long at all. Not even sure it made it to the next patch cycle. It was disabled pretty quickly. 

Yeah, the only MM based Online game that has a good voice chat in game is probably Mechwarrior Online.

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
7,233 battles
On 2018-03-03 at 4:31 AM, Taylor3006 said:

Oh no its still active i still hear people all the time

[TMS]
Members
82 posts
10,012 battles

I hope never. It's already bad enough with all the kiddie trash talk and name calling in typed chat. Can you imagine what it would be like with real voice chat. It'd be like Counter Strike all over again.

Members
4 posts

I want real text chat and not the idiotic "Let's do this!" Unless useful things are added such as "defend our base!" Or when "attack my target" actually highlights my target.

[-DF-]
Members
22 posts
5,870 battles

How about making the chat screen words bigger ?  Like twice as big and move it up into the top of the screen in the sky ? Or make that feature player available ??

:Smile_great: