You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
hexeris

Richelieu vs Alsace

15 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
404 posts
9,366 battles

Do the guns get better on the Alsace 'cause the Richilieu's are terrible?

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,137 posts
7,663 battles
4 minutes ago, hexeris said:

Do the guns get better on the Alsace 'cause the Richilieu's are terrible?

They're the same guns with 1.7 sigma instead of 1.8.  But now you get twelve.

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,897 posts
10,479 battles

You have less range and more of them. Kinda like Normandie vs Lyon. Although Richelieus guns are nice, the penetration on them is lovely

Beta Testers
404 posts
9,366 battles

OK, so the Alsace is a shot gun, get in close and hope for the best. Not interested in the Republique so will grab the Alsace at some point and stop.

[BBICT]
Members
3,380 posts
3,573 battles
1 hour ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

They're the same guns with 1.7 sigma instead of 1.8.  But now you get twelve.

I think that might be the key. Richie's gun are enough to drive me nut...but more shells in the air mean more pens...I hope anyway. 

[SOUP]
7,589 posts

Guys, the Alsace is the best Tier 9 battleship, full stop.
And the Republique is a force to be reckoned with in the right hands. Trust me as someone who plays battleships 'round the clock and has plenty to compare; Richelieu is okay, Alsace is amazing and Republique is definitely above average

• Boring 1

[VW]
Members
1,952 posts
12,501 battles
On 3/3/2018 at 4:03 AM, Chobittsu said:

Guys, the Alsace is the best Tier 9 battleship, full stop.
And the Republique is a force to be reckoned with in the right hands. Trust me as someone who plays battleships 'round the clock and has plenty to compare; Richelieu is okay, Alsace is amazing and Republique is definitely above average

might strong words there. while i dont have first hand knowledge of the alsace, i'm not inclined to believe anything is better than my MO.

[REVY]
Members
6,104 posts
5,104 battles
On 3/2/2018 at 6:56 PM, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

I think that might be the key. Richie's gun are enough to drive me nut...but more shells in the air mean more pens...I hope anyway. 

Maybe playing Mount and Blade Napoleonic DLC would help with that.  You get used to missing with an inaccurate musket and learn the key is positioning so you deliver more rounds at the target from relative safety, rather then putting yourself in a situation where you must hit the target (else you get bayoneted).  That's how I deal with the Dunkerque's wonky dispersion.

Edited by Sventex

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,017 posts
9,113 battles
2 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

might strong words there. while i dont have first hand knowledge of the alsace, i'm not inclined to believe anything is better than my MO.

Personal preference plays a strong part in one’s opinion. I like MO, but I’ve had much better games in Musashi and inclined to say she is better (it really hurts the patriot in me to say that). Musashi’s guns out class MO’s in every category - rpm, damage, penetration, overmatch, and accuracy. I also can take a lot more hits in Musashi.

With that being said, I would agree MO is more flexible. She probably fits your play style pretty good. Alsace has a much different play style than either of these ships. It probably suits him best, hence our different opinions.

[VW]
Members
1,952 posts
12,501 battles

I really enjoy the French bbs thusfar, already had a Dunk so am used to fornt gun bbs. My main reason for choosing MO at top tier is because of the credit earning, the whole package. As a pure bb perhaps the Alsace is better, I'll have to wait to unlock her to see for meself

[-K-]
Members
5,310 posts
9,141 battles

I considered going with a full secondary build on Richelieu, but once I seen that the dispersion was over 300m without the accuracy module, I quickly changed my mind.

Members
1,697 posts
7,234 battles

It’s too early to claim that Alsace is the best T9 BB.  It does show better stats than Mo for now, however newly introduced ships usually have the benefit of more experienced players playing them first, thus the stats have tendency to lower somewhat as time goes on.

Having said that, Musashi still shows better performance over Alsace even at this early stage, and this gap will only get wider with time.

Edited by Ramsalot

[NUWES]
Members
1,677 posts
5,620 battles
2 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

I really enjoy the French bbs thusfar, already had a Dunk so am used to fornt gun bbs. My main reason for choosing MO at top tier is because of the credit earning, the whole package. As a pure bb perhaps the Alsace is better, I'll have to wait to unlock her to see for meself

Same here. Richelieu has been an absolute joy. Her high tactical speed and agility lets her get into great positions easily and flank enemies from positions they don't expect a BB to be. The all-front gun arrangement makes up for the slow reload and low number of barrels. You almost always have all 8 of your guns firing as opposed to 6 or 4 the others get a lot of the time. I'm looking forward to Alsace. I really hope they release Jean Bart later this year. I want a premium version of the hull. I don't own Gascogne but the ones I've seen haven't impressed me. I'm very good with Graf Spee so I know how to fight with the A-X turret arrangement, but Gascogne looks to me like she has to show an alarming amount of side for that rear turret to work. 

I don't have Republique. I've encountered several and not one has been impressive yet. I'll hold judgment until I see more of them or get one myself. 

Normandie and Lyon have been fun too although they  are very  fragile ships. Their armor doesn't stop AP or HE well. Hit the enemy hard and fast, if you get focused you won't last long. Colorado, Nagato and Nelson can just shred you if they have any clue how to angle. 

Courbet and Bretagne are "meh" ships. They don't suck, but they aren't particularly  fun either and they all have the low-tier French fragility. 

[MIA-A]
[MIA-A]
2,057 posts
7,794 battles

I don't know how anybody could hate Richelieu's guns. They are very consistent and require a good amount of game knowledge to get them to perform at full potential. 

[BBICT]
Members
3,380 posts
3,573 battles
11 hours ago, Sventex said:

Maybe playing Mount and Blade Napoleonic DLC would help with that.  You get used to missing with an inaccurate musket and learn the key is positioning so you deliver more rounds at the target from relative safety, rather then putting yourself in a situation where you must hit the target (else you get bayoneted).  That's how I deal with the Dunkerque's wonky dispersion.

Yeah, I'm doing tons better now...but I do have to work on setting myself up to do the most damage, NOT going brawling with half the team...I have issues, LOL.

6 hours ago, NeoRussia said:

I don't know how anybody could hate Richelieu's guns. They are very consistent and require a good amount of game knowledge to get them to perform at full potential. 

Here again, I tried to run her like just another BB. Wrong. It is almost pointless to try and smash cruiser, better to shoot at German BBs and get citadels...