You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IronMike11B4O

This lag is making the game unplayable

33 comments in this topic

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,822 battles

11 members of my clan and myself are experiencing the worst Lag/Ping spikes I have seen in the 2 years of playing this game. Are they doing anything to fix this? WoWs is the only game doing this I have played 4 other games this morning and they all ran fine to include Tanks which I haven't played in over a year. WGing fix this as I don't want to leave this game but every single stinking patch is a new Pandora's box of issues and frankly its getting a little old.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Beta Testers
1,865 posts
19,084 battles

Lag what Lag ? I have Zero Lag ! ! !

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,822 battles
1 minute ago, Eric_Von_Hess said:

Lag what Lag ? I have Zero Lag ! ! !

Good for you I have 12 people in my clan that do as well as myself

• Bad 1

[WOLF3]
Members
6,487 posts
2,439 battles

Are you seeing them today ?  or in the 36 hours or so after (and before) the patch?

I played last night and it was much better.

• Bad 1

[MEIST]
Members
871 posts
3,063 battles

No lag. Get a better service provider and/or computer.

• Bad 3

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

i have upgraded my Computer as far as it can go. 

Sadly The only thing left for me is to buy a new one.{says good bye to 1k +}

In the next month or so I hope to have the new Computer and can say GOOD-BYE to Lag 

[-HON-]
Beta Testers
378 posts
9,624 battles

It's been happening to me off and on again today, with FPS showing 50+, ping at <40, but the game plays like its 5 FPS for short stints and keystrokes are not registered.  

This has only occurred since the last patch, and other games/internet usage is not effected. 

• Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

Yea, seeing them today, this morning... kinda okay...laaaag...okay...laaag... unfortunately, since the removal of the lag counter, can't tell you how many digits it scored on the PingLag scale. 

[PSP]
Members
6,342 posts
8,968 battles

I usually ignore these "lag" threads but I've also been experiencing a "glitchy" game since the last patch. I lowered all my graphics settings to the bare minimum, which helped. But there seems something else going on too. I am getting strange UI "flashes" and stuttering.

I'm wondering if the new enhancements WG has added to the graphics result in lag on systems that are tweaked just at the point where they have the best graphics and least lag. I'm going to have to re-tweak the game's graphics for my system I think.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
6,487 posts
2,439 battles

To whomever: How can you downvote a question and simple personal observation?

@Snargfargle, as I've said elsewhere, there is nothing pointing at the client.  I believe it is completely on the server/infrastructure side. 

• Bad 2

[PSP]
Members
6,342 posts
8,968 battles
1 minute ago, iDuckman said:

as I've said elsewhere, there is nothing pointing at the client.  I believe it is completely on the server/infrastructure side. 

I've noticed that this website oftentimes is very slow loading when no other site is. 

[WOLF3]
Members
6,487 posts
2,439 battles

IronMike, would you care to answer the question I asked?

• Bad 1

Members
1 post
6,980 battles

Same here been playing since Beta and now all of a sudden I am getting fps drops, and stuttering like crazy its not a service provider problem or anything wrong with my comp it's a problem with a last update. I sure hope they fix it quick. I hope that Wargaming does not got he route and start blaming every ones hardware and/or service providers. The problem is too widespread to be either of those. Then again even if it was, does Wargaming really want to lose 100's of thousands players because the game is not playable? May be a drop in the bucket for them but I bet they count every penny every player invests and watch the bottom line very closely. 

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,888 posts
1,338 battles
1 hour ago, jager_geist said:

No lag. Get a better service provider and/or computer.

I would agree.  My computer's even old, running high settings, and not having issues with lag or fps.

Members
18,339 posts
5,235 battles
8 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

I would agree.  My computer's even old, running high settings, and not having issues with lag or fps.

Nah, mine is a few years old, but up until the patch, ran the game on max at 50-60 FPS. 

According to the FPS meter, it still does, and ping is the same 34-36 I always get, but stuttering starts happening after a few games, and gets steadily worse. Even the port is affected.

Load-in time starts at the usual 30 seconds before match start, and gradually gets worse, loading in at match start or a few seconds in. With an SSD. If I restart the client, it goes back to performing as usual for the next few games, then the issue starts again.

Besides, if it was my PC or ISP, why is nothing similar happening with any other game? 

There's always somebody complaining that the latest patch caused this or that, this is a first for me.

• Cool 1

[XBRTC]
Members
1,424 posts
7,482 battles
2 hours ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

i have upgraded my Computer as far as it can go. 

Sadly The only thing left for me is to buy a new one.{says good bye to 1k +}

In the next month or so I hope to have the new Computer and can say GOOD-BYE to Lag 

Good luck with that. My video card by itself ate up most of your anticipated budget, and I'm still having issues. It's not lag, btw: my ping remains at 32-35ms, right where it's always been. It's the FPS that's dropping sharply. 

49 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

I've got 12 cores, 32 GB, GTX 1080ti, Samsung 850 Pro system drive. Still havig FPS drops.

What's your system spec? It could be useful to see if there's something consistent about the people who are having issues and who are not.

35 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Nah, mine is a few years old, but up until the patch, ran the game on max at 50-60 FPS. 

According to the FPS meter, it still does, and ping is the same 34-36 I always get, but stuttering starts happening after a few games, and gets steadily worse. Even the port is affected.

Load-in time starts at the usual 30 seconds before match start, and gradually gets worse, loading in at match start or a few seconds in. With an SSD. If I restart the client, it goes back to performing as usual for the next few games, then the issue starts again.

Besides, if it was my PC or ISP, why is nothing similar happening with any other game? 

There's always somebody complaining that the latest patch caused this or that, this is a first for me.

I find that the in-game FPS meter doesn't always agree with Precision or Afterburner, whichever one you're using. Also: you're describing the exact same symptoms I'm having.

[PSP]
Members
6,342 posts
8,968 battles

I've had to set my graphics to the very lowest settings just to get the game to play even moderately well. I've played the game for a year and a half with no problems on high settings but something in  the last patch has really messed things up. It's not my internet, my pings are 35 ms like they always have been but my FPS has dropped from 60 (the refresh rate of my monitor) down to 35 after the patch.

Edited by Snargfargle

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,770 posts
4,582 battles

Well my ping went to minus 35 and I've been disconnected three times in the same match trying to play my carrier...I get consistently disconnected at least once in every match I subsequently played (and no, I don't even get the "you are disconnected from server" textbox, just ejected to login screen and that's the end of that).

I get a lot of lag in Planes and Tanks too, but they (Planes in particular) have their own problems.

Members
18,339 posts
5,235 battles
7 minutes ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

I find that the in-game FPS meter doesn't always agree with Precision or Afterburner, whichever one you're using. Also: you're describing the exact same symptoms I'm having.

Yeah, not worried about how accurate the FPS meter is, more concerned that I'm getting stutter without it dropping. (although there were a couple times it actually dropped to 25, which I've never seen before)

[PSP]
Members
6,342 posts
8,968 battles

Bad stutter in a game just now with graphics set to the bare minimum. The UI itself seems to stutter. For instance, the windows "hang" when opened and closed. Once again. it's not lag because ping is normal. I'm going to reset the game and see if that helps. 

[WOLF3]
Members
6,487 posts
2,439 battles

If it is a memory leak or a server-side degradation associated with your IP address, then a reboot, waiting about 20 sec, should both get you a new lease (IP) and clear memory.  Would be interesting to try.

[XBRTC]
Members
1,424 posts
7,482 battles
36 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

If it is a memory leak or a server-side degradation associated with your IP address, then a reboot, waiting about 20 sec, should both get you a new lease (IP) and clear memory.  Would be interesting to try.

I'll have to take a look... I do have a VPN available, and it does not use static IP addresses, so I might be able to test that out and see if it makes a difference.

[R-F]
Members
782 posts
6,420 battles

On my 8th battle of the night, suddenly had a full 15 shima torps coming at me and FPS went to hell.  Restarting the client, which will hopefully clear that up.