Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
kiwi1960

The Good New and the Bad News....

9 comments in this topic

[1RD]
Members
551 posts

The Good news!

OK, I go to see my Oncologist on Monday to get the results of the CT scan (previously called CAT scan) regarding the cancer. I had the sacn done Two days ago!

However... a nurse at the Medical centre where I go to see my GP is a good friend, she sent me a TXT message saying....

Tumour decreased in mass
No further signs anywhere

So that is the good news.... apparently I'm beating the lung cancer into submission... BUT, my wife and I have to sound surprised and happy when we get told on Monday because the Nurse wasn't allowed to do what she did.... :)

The Bad news!

I'm at level 10 and have to advance another 5 levels or so before I can play Clan battles.... on the EU server where my main fleet hangs out, I'm level 16 :(

The Good news!

I now have 12 ships in my fleet which I'll play ALL of them every 24 hours so I can advance faster....

The Bad news!

Bad for the other clans that is, I have joined the 1RD clan... the RED DEVILS!

The GOOD NEWS!!!!

While I cannot get my premium ships from the EU server.... yet.... (its still be argued about at the highest levels....)

I purchased the GRAF SPEE and she is a thoroughbred little filly..... and she sure does pack a wallop. Very pleased with her, the first of many I hope... 

• Cool 3

[TFLT]
[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
657 posts
7,983 battles

Dude, that's a big time HPPA violation.  Firing her would be the least of her worries.  That's big time fines and beating rocks for a long time.  But, congrats on your remission.  I have a buddy that's looking for a new set of lungs.

[HINON]
Members
9,031 posts

Glad to hear your battle with cancer is going well  especially ung cancer which can be so aggressive.  But wow your nurse friend should know better.  They beat that hippa stuff into our heads in the health care field all the time.

Edited by RipNuN2

[1RD]
Members
551 posts

Yes well... she didn't want me going through the weekend without knowing... while we have rules here as well, there's a few things which make this situation unusual.

First, she visits me once a week anyhow, because not only do I have the lung cancer, but...

A heart condition
Diabetes
Multiple Sclerosis
Sleep Apnoea
and various other minor issues.

To say I have had a very VERY hard life would be an understatement... but what is important that the Doctors at the Hospital keep changing my medication and the Oncologist keeps telling them off because he keeps saying what they are doing (out of ignorance and youth) is preventing the cancer pill form working at its best potential...

So one day, I put my foot down, told them all that I was tired of being the meat in their sandwich because its my life they were playing with... so we reached a deal... The Oncologist has the FINAL say about any medications I get put on, no one can alter or change existing meds without his say so....

And the WHOLE thing is monitored by my G.P. who makes sure everyone is playing fair... you have to admit, a young doctor that prescribes X for my heart may not realise that it could affect the cancer pill or vice versa... anyhow, the Nurse is the go between for me and the professionals... that is why I see her once a week... we live in a small town with a population of 1100 people or so, and it makes sense for the nurse to keep me in the loop (with my permission and my GP's).... all she does is tell me what the expert has said, nothing more, nothing less.... she does not add her opinion or anything... that is for me to do... :)

But y'know.... getting back to my OP..... Graf Spee.... great ship.... etc etc etc ... :)

And thanks for the good wishes.

Edited by kiwi1960

Members
400 posts
2,441 battles
On 3/2/2018 at 5:25 PM, kiwi1960 said:

The Good news!

OK, I go to see my Oncologist on Monday to get the results of the CT scan (previously called CAT scan) regarding the cancer. I had the sacn done Two days ago!

However... a nurse at the Medical centre where I go to see my GP is a good friend, she sent me a TXT message saying....

Tumour decreased in mass
No further signs anywhere

So that is the good news.... apparently I'm beating the lung cancer into submission... BUT, my wife and I have to sound surprised and happy when we get told on Monday because the Nurse wasn't allowed to do what she did.... :)

The Bad news!

I'm at level 10 and have to advance another 5 levels or so before I can play Clan battles.... on the EU server where my main fleet hangs out, I'm level 16 :(

The Good news!

I now have 12 ships in my fleet which I'll play ALL of them every 24 hours so I can advance faster....

The Bad news!

Bad for the other clans that is, I have joined the 1RD clan... the RED DEVILS!

The GOOD NEWS!!!!

While I cannot get my premium ships from the EU server.... yet.... (its still be argued about at the highest levels....)

I purchased the GRAF SPEE and she is a thoroughbred little filly..... and she sure does pack a wallop. Very pleased with her, the first of many I hope... 

called cannabis oil. learn about it.

1,542 posts
26 battles

Congratulations on your remission @kiwi1960, what a hard life you have lived. I wish you all the best for your future (and hopefully some fun ships along the way just to make you smile)

If you ever need help or someone to chat to, you can always count on us :) 

[1RD]
[1RD]
Members
133 posts
9,837 battles

Good news from the medical front !!

[WOLF3]
Members
6,461 posts
2,405 battles

kiwi, what country are you in?  NZ?

[1RD]
Members
551 posts
3 hours ago, iDuckman said:

kiwi, what country are you in?  NZ?

Lets see..... Kiwi..... NZ.... so, yes, New Zealand although I was born a Dutchman .... I came out here at age 6 months.... forced to actually, by a family that ignored my cries of objection... :)

Sign in to follow this