You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DeadMeat_015

Naming and shaming

9 comments in this topic

[SYN]
Members
461 posts
8,543 battles

The name: [KWSN]Havocs_Reign. 

The shame: me, DeadMeat_015. I made a hackusation towards @Havocs_Reign that turn out to be false after reviewing the replay. There was a moment where I swear my client showed me as unspotted (havocs was in smoke) and he kept shooting me even though he could not see me and in a moment of weakness I called B S . The replay shows that I was spotted by a BB at max range the entire time and the client shows it as well. But I swear it was not shown at the time. I will keep my eye on it in case it was a bug and not just  me missing the spotted notification. I would like very much to apologize to you  sir. o7  

• Angry 1

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles

Even if you're unspotted you're likely to keep taking shells for a while. Especially in a BB that doesn't take evasive action right after vanishing.

That said, kudos for admitting you jumped to conclusions.

• Cool 1

[PSP]
Members
6,297 posts
8,919 battles

I was just watching a video by Flamu where a ship was shooting at another that was undetected. Some really good players have studied where people are likely to go on maps to such an extent that they pretty much know where the ships will be at any given time.  This phenomenon can be seen in other games too. My grandpa could always tell you, within a card or two, what Pitch had you had simply by the way you played. Major league baseball teams will study thousands of videos of the opposing players until they know within a few feet of where they will usually hit a ball. This is why you oftentimes see so many outfielders catch balls without having to take more than a step or two.

All that said, a video would do wonders to support your claim; it just might explain why you thought someone was "hacking" you.   

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 2

[SYN]
Members
461 posts
8,543 battles
8 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I was just watching a video by Flamu where a ship was shooting at another that was undetected. Some really good players have studied where people are likely to go on maps to such an extent that they pretty much know where the ships will be at any given time.  This phenomenon can be seen in other games too. My grandpa could always tell you, within a card or two, what Pitch had you had simply by the way you played. Major league baseball teams will study thousands of videos of the opposing players until they know within a few feet of where they will usually hit a ball. This is why you oftentimes see so many outfielders catch balls without having to take more than a step or two.

All that said, a video would do wonders to support your claim; it just might explain why you thought someone was "hacking" you.   

I looked at the replay and I can post a video of it if you like, but when I looked at the replay it was obvious that I was either mistaken ( because the DETECTED was there in the replay) or the client was bugged while in game.

There is no claim, what he was doing was impossible without hacking, which he was not! This is an apology not a claim :) 

But yes the way the game tracks you, when you go undetected good players can and will be able to get off 1-2 salvos which is why is good to change speeds and direction at times like that. I understand that part well.

[PSP]
Members
6,297 posts
8,919 battles
53 minutes ago, DeadMeat_015 said:

or the client was bugged while in game.

This new patch seems a bit glitchy. I've been having some UI lags and flashes since it installed. 

[XBRTC]
Members
1,422 posts
7,448 battles
5 hours ago, Wowzery said:

That would be interesting to note if at times it doesn't show that we are spotted.

It happens. I need to start looking at the replay files to check that. I had a thing the other day where there was no chance that anyone could possibly have had me detected. Enemy DD lost track on me after going into smoke and I'd changed directions and traveled about 3,000 yards since loss of detection. All of a sudden, a BB and a cruiser both land salvos on me, and the DD hit me with a full spread of torpedoes fired in exactly the right direction to get me on my new course.

I didn't accuse anyone of cheating--I truly don't think anyone was--but I wish I'd gone back and looked at the replay afterwards to see if it showed that I was detected.

Members
4,177 posts
4 minutes ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

I didn't accuse anyone of cheating--I truly don't think anyone was--but I wish I'd gone back and looked at the replay afterwards to see if it showed that I was detected.

I never got that from your post.  It is worth looking into though.  Is it certain ships?  Certain situations?  That type of thing which interests me.

[GT99]
Members
150 posts
5,468 battles

I have had that happen on occasion. Completely undetected and a salvo will hit me from nowhere. A wth moment. I don't believe it is a random shot due to the tight dispersion. It will only be one salvo, not several.