You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ramsalot

Nice job with French content WG, two thumbs up!!

17 comments in this topic

Members
1,697 posts
7,233 battles

Was never a fan of French ships, but WG was kind enough to give the special captain with perks (soon to be 19), plus Richelieu, plus permanent camouflage, all free of charge.  THANK YOU! :Smile_great:

Oh, and thanks for Aigle in advance, I'll take it as well.

nbX69Iv.jpg

• Cool 2

Members
3,562 posts
6,867 battles

Ouais je suis d'accord!  (yes I agree!). A tier V and VI battleship for my efforts, flags and even some gold, its merveilleux to see the French line grow. On to the Italians, Canucks (Haida pls) and above all, er, below all, the pre-dreadnoughts. Salut tout le WoWs' monde et Vive la France!

[ok I went a bit overboard but my spouse is French and I showed her this]

[PVE]
Members
9,617 posts
7,466 battles
40 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

Was never a fan of French ships, but WG was kind enough to give the special captain with perks (soon to be 19), plus Richelieu, plus permanent camouflage, all free of charge.  THANK YOU! :Smile_great:

Oh, and thanks for Aigle in advance, I'll take it as well.

nbX69Iv.jpg

8 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

Ouais je suis d'accord!  (yes I agree!). A tier V and VI battleship for my efforts, flags and even some gold, its merveilleux to see the French line grow. On to the Italians, Canucks (Haida pls) and above all, er, below all, the pre-dreadnoughts. Salut tout le WoWs' monde et Vive la France!

[ok I went a bit overboard but my spouse is French and I showed her this]

I got Aigle, Gascogne and some crates as I knew I would not complete the Random missions. It took until the day before the end of the random missions to collect the 25 torp hits in random for that first mission. I need to play Hatsuharu and Fubuki more in PvP for these torp hit missions.

I got Bretagne and Normandie from the crates, but just got Lyon from the Gold of France campaign. Now, if I can get Richelieu, I will be estatic. I'm happy with Aigle and Gascogne so far.

BTW, for a PvE main, Gascogne is worth it for the secondary fun. (I still have to finish Gneisenau to get to Bismarck)

Members
3,562 posts
6,867 battles
15 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Gascogne is worth it for the secondary fun

My thoughts exactly and I may get her at some point as tier VIII BBs are just so sweet: except of course when MM gives you bunch of tier X BBs to deal with.

PS congrats on all the ships.

Edited by Stauffenberg44

[PVE]
Members
9,617 posts
7,466 battles
6 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

My thoughts exactly and I may get her at some point as tier VIII BBs are just so sweet: except of course when MM gives you bunch of tier X BBs to deal with.

PS congrats on all the ships.

Thank you and may you get Lyon and Richelieu as well.

May RNGesus ever be in your favor.

Except when shooting at me please. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

Members
3,562 posts
6,867 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

Thank you and may you get Lyon and Richelieu as well.

May RNGesus ever be in your favor.

Except when shooting at me please. :Smile_teethhappy:

I got both with all the free exp I had saved up and Lyon is my new Bismarck go-to ship, I really like her (16-gun broadside what's not to like?). RIchelieu is a grand historical must-have ship for me and will be a keeper no matter how I do in her.

[PVE]
Members
9,617 posts
7,466 battles
5 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

I got both with all the free exp I had saved up and Lyon is my new Bismarck go-to ship, I really like her (16-gun broadside what's not to like?). RIchelieu is a grand historical must-have ship for me and will be a keeper no matter how I do in her.

I used to build plastic ship models as a child, so this is my collection now and they don't need dusting! Also, if I have a battle, it is pristine back in port. BB guns and plastic models meant one battle only.

I am going to share my Gascogne captain with Lyon as all the AA on Lyon. I have a 10pt  captain for the two and he has PT, AR, BFT & AFT. I'll add IFHE, DE, PM & DCCA later as Lyon has nice, if short range secondaries, but with that build, Gascogne has 10.1km secondaries.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,407 posts
2,387 battles

I went to France and all I got was this meh Bretagne, that looks good, drives like a USN BB, and shoots marshmallow AP.  So far 0-3.

But yes, I agree that WG has done well with the intro of Les Botes Grenouilles.

Members
309 posts

Yeah, I love how the promo events for the French battleships were so focused on the cash shop and gambling boxes!

The release event for the British battleships where we actually had to play the game and earn the rewards, were clearly inferior.

Ignore the fact that the gaming community as a whole is currently the least tolerant of gambling boxes and other predatory monetisation schemes it's ever been, the glorious, all knowing, all wise Wargaming management knows better.

Keep locking more content, rewards, and events behind random lootboxes, and World of Warships will become a smash hit in no time!

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[PVE]
Members
9,617 posts
7,466 battles
2 minutes ago, intixw said:

Yeah, I love how the promo events for the French battleships were so focused on the cash shop and gambling boxes!

The release event for the British battleships where we actually had to play the game and earn the rewards, were clearly inferior.

Ignore the fact that the gaming community as a whole is currently the least tolerant of gambling boxes and other predatory monetisation schemes it's ever been, the glorious, all knowing, all wise Wargaming management knows better.

Keep locking more content, rewards, and events behind random lootboxes, and World of Warships will become a smash hit in no time!

:Smile_smile:

Really. You didn't have to buy a single box to have enough to get the captain with that collection spreading over two patches. You can earn a 4k doubloon perma-camo for the T8 and get some alternate camo for two other premium ships. Plus you had the chance at jumping the line on the tech tree. These are not the loot boxes of other companies.

Members
309 posts
4 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

These are not the loot boxes of other companies

YET.

I see where WG is going with those boxes.

- Lootbox exclusive content? Limited time lootbox exclusives at that? Halloweeen 2017. Check.

- P2W ships in lootboxes? Nikolai. check. Don't be shocked when Belfast and Kutuzov find their way into a box sooner or later.

- Events designed to push the purchase of premium content rather than just playing the game? Check. 

WG just hasn't started mixing and matching yet.

There is no "slippery slope" fallacy here to suggest that WG will get worse with lootboxes. Companies going down that path is common and well documented, and Wargaming is already showing early symptoms.

Members
43 posts
5,127 battles

I've been having a blast with the new French line content. I finished the collection easily without buying any boxes (after they added additional missions) and I'm 12/18 on the Aigle missions. I managed to get the T5 and 6 BBs from boxes and while the T5 was meh, the Normandie was pretty good and while I've only played a couple of matches in it Lyon seems epic with 16 guns. No major complaints here so far. I have seen the posts and videos on T9 and T10 and hopefully those see some buffs but yeah as far as the lootbox stuff goes it seems plenty fair to me so far. Good on WG. 

Members
1,697 posts
7,233 battles
39 minutes ago, intixw said:

I got captain, T8 battleship (that I also happen to like), and cool looking perma camo without buying a single loot box.  I played the entire British BB event, and all I got to show for it is T7 BB that I don’t like playing.  So yes, it was most definitely clearly inferior to me.

Members
309 posts
On 02/03/2018 at 7:29 PM, Ramsalot said:

T8 battleship (that I also happen to like)

Funny enough, that bit was random. With a rather poor chance of occurring at that.

Why does everyone insist on treating their experience with the game as the only possible experience?

Members
1,697 posts
7,233 battles
2 minutes ago, intixw said:

Funny enough, that bit was random. With a rather poor chance of occurring at that.

Why does everyone insist on treating their experience with the game as the only possible experience?

Because my own experience with the game is the only one I got?  If I did not get the T8 BB I would not have cared much for not getting one, that was a bonus.  But since I unexpectedly got one, I feel the greater sense of appreciation for this event.

Members
309 posts
1 minute ago, Ramsalot said:

Because my own experience with the game is the only one I got?  If I did not get the T8 BB I would not have cared much for not getting one, that was a bonus.  But since I unexpectedly got one, I feel the greater sense of appreciation for this event.

But your experience most certainly is not the only one you have to judge the event is.

I recall posts with people having spent 50-100 bucks  and not having received all the missions.

I recall posts stating that the chance of getting ANY mission was something like 2%.

This event might not be horrible or unforgivable yet, but it is most certainly worse than similar events in the past.

I won't even bother going into you pretending that the fact that you prefer Richelieu over Iron Duke is in any way a valid point of discussion. 

Members
1,697 posts
7,233 battles
9 minutes ago, intixw said:

But your experience most certainly is not the only one you have to judge the event is.

I recall posts with people having spent 50-100 bucks  and not having received all the missions.

I recall posts stating that the chance of getting ANY mission was something like 2%.

This event might not be horrible or unforgivable yet, but it is most certainly worse than similar events in the past.

I won't even bother going into you pretending that the fact that you prefer Richelieu over Iron Duke is in any way a valid point of discussion. 

The 2% bit can not be true.  I did not go around collecting statistics, but I know that I got a total of three missions dropped from mission chests alone, without buying any.  I just sold the two lower tier BBs since I had zero interest in them.  My division mate, the only RL friend I play this game with, got Richelieu from the mission chests as well.  With 2% chance there's no way of pulling those numbers of, is there?  Have you seen the effort and detail on free Richelieu camo vs the ice camo on DoY?  Man, I dont even remember anything from the British event anymore, there was nothing there of note.