You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gen_Pat_JV

What happened to Steven Segal?

22 comments in this topic

[DD579]
Members
10 posts
9,657 battles

I know a lot of you don't care for him but I had him as my elite commander.  It has been so long now since I did acquire him I am not sure if I had to pay any doubloons, etc. to get hims.  What really does bother me is now I have  a Capt. "John Doe" running my ship.  Not a great name to instill confidence in a crew.

Members
417 posts

A quick search through the forums would show a bunch of posts discussing his removal from the game. In short, the deal that WG had with Segal ended, so they removed him from the game. There have been complaints about the name "John Doe" being used for the replacement commander, but at least one other forum post showed how you could edit the game file to change it to whatever you want.

Beta Testers
2,029 posts

What happened to Steven Segal?  Too much pirozhki by the looks of it.

Seriously though...  I don't think I've ever even noticed the name of any of my commanders. 

Members
18,293 posts
5,224 battles
11 minutes ago, Gen_Pat_JV said:

What really does bother me is now I have  a Capt. "John Doe" running my ship.  Not a great name to instill confidence in a crew.

Pretend it's spelled "Dough". The crew can watch his exploits with the waterfront ladies of the evening on DVD......

[RMRGD]
Members
3 posts

Well this is a complaint, I earned him fairly !   I payed my fees and played to get him . he is mine and if yoiur going to take him away "You OWE ME!!!"  so start dealing with it its not fair.

• Bad 2

[BIAS]
Members
3,154 posts
9,278 battles
1 minute ago, ChaoticReCoil said:

Well this is a complaint, I earned him fairly !   I payed my fees and played to get him . he is mine and if yoiur going to take him away "You OWE ME!!!"  so start dealing with it its not fair.

complain to WG, not us....

[SC]
Members
1,577 posts
10,033 battles

Last thing I heard he was all washed up and living above a convenience store in Miami

Beta Testers
2,029 posts
2 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

Last thing I heard he was all washed up and living above a convenience store in Moscow

FTFY

[STW]
Members
658 posts
4,438 battles
14 minutes ago, ChaoticReCoil said:

Nobody took him away, you didn't *pay fees* for him, and he's still technically there under a different name.  I don't even have the special US commander and will have no opportunity to get him in the forseeable future as far as I know now, but I'd prefer to have one with a crap name than not have one at all.

Edited by Deviathan

[B2P]
Members
517 posts
13,689 battles

FYI - For gameplay purposes Capt John Doe IS Capt Steven Seagal.  He has the same performance boosts and special abilities.  They just changed the name, picture and voice.  They also removed his animations from the MO in port.  That's all.  Nothing more.  Move along.

• Cool 1

[DD579]
Members
10 posts
9,657 battles
On 3/2/2018 at 4:26 PM, CarefreeTongue said:

Read the damn patch notes

Don't curse at me you little twit.  I am allowed to ask questions.  Grow up loser.

• Bad 3

Members
3,420 posts
8,276 battles
On 3/2/2018 at 2:39 PM, pmgaudio said:

vR3sJTE.jpg

It's as if there's not this thing called worldofwarships.com where people can find this other thing that some might call 'patch notes'.  

• Cool 1

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,447 battles
54 minutes ago, lemekillmister said:

It's as if there's not this thing called worldofwarships.com where people can find this other thing that some might call 'patch notes'.  

its like JOHN DOE has NONE of the special skills we got for free..... FREE, minus "fire alarm".... 

Edited by pmgaudio
  • Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
1,297 posts
9,000 battles

He died in a horrible toilet plunging accident. It was so clogged, that he tried to reach in to pull the turd loose, but his arm got caught. It took him hours to work it loose, and the physical exertion was such that, when he did pull free from his porcelain prison, he jerked back violently and sat straight down on the handle of the plunger, which became lodged in his rectum. When he reached back to pull it out, he slipped on toilet water, and his head became lodged into the toilet tank, and his arm became stuck in the toilet again. Moscow paramedics arrived at the scene to find Segal head down in the toilet tank, with a plunger stuck in his rear, his hand permanently lodged in the toilet.  He had tried to drink the toilet water to keep from drowning, and so was found bloated and soaked in urine. 

I think that's probably the worst way to go. It's far more common than you'd think, too.

[ARGSY]
Members
1,297 posts
9,000 battles

They think he was stuck like that for 2 or 3 days.

[ARGSY]
Members
1,297 posts
9,000 battles

I've really been phoning it in lately.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
2 hours ago, Gen_Pat_JV said:

Don't curse at me you little twit.  I am allowed to ask questions.  Grow up loser.

I0niQiS.gif

• Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
1,297 posts
9,000 battles

C'mon guys. I know we're all reeling from Mr. Segal's sudden departure, and we all deal with grief differently. Let's not take it out on one another with really weak curse words that are allowed on TV.

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,447 battles
20 hours ago, Gen_Pat_JV said:

tBVhqNW.jpg

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,747 posts
3,490 battles

I'll take What Are Patch Notes for 1,000 Alex.