You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
HorrorRoach

Offense ribbons

9 comments in this topic

[TARFU]
[TARFU]
Members
924 posts
5,963 battles

We need Offense ribbons, we already have defense ribbons. You'll get XP for attempting to cap, even if you don't pull it off. At least make it worth tanking in a cap with your BB for 2-5 minutes. I've done it before, each time the timer almost reaches 0, you get hit by a round and it gets sent back up to 30-60 seconds.

You get one Offensive ribbon for every 10ish shells received. Have 5 ribbons equal a cap assist. Have 10 equal a solo cap (100 rounds received). The details can be ironed out. This would definitely lure BB's into caps more often... But, it's not enough XP to suck them into caps like a whirlpool either.

One offensive ribbon would be 1/5th of a cap assist, XP wise. Since cruisers and DD's have much lower health pools, it's not really going to boost their XP as much... You could just have a simple math formula reduce the XP given to DD's and cruisers, like 50% for cruisers and 25% for DD's. DD's already get a ton of cap points every game, so they shouldn't benefit from this.

EJ

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[SALVO]
Members
17,109 posts
17,770 battles

One way to do it would be this.  Say that you get onto an enemy controlled cap.  While you're on that cap, you are preventing the enemy from earning any domination points for that cap.  In a close battle, this can make a huge difference, even if you don't actually capture the base.  Now, it may be that this is already factored into XP earned, but it would be nice if you earned credits and XP for all the cap points you DENY the enemy team while you're on a base "owned" by the enemy team.  And it'd be doubly nice if your team won and the points margin of victory was less than the number of cap points you denied the enemy by being on one of their caps, then perhaps you should get an additional reward because your action directly lead to the victory.

Heck, I suppose that in theory, you could get a ribbon for every "tick" where you're on an enemy controlled base and preventing them from earning cap points.  Since there are already base capture (solo and assisted) and base defense ribbons, maybe call this a "base interdiction" ribbon.  of course, since you could conceivably get 1 such ribbon every few seconds, each of them wouldn't be worth as much as the capture or defense ribbons.  But it would be a tangible thing.

• Cool 1

[TARFU]
[TARFU]
Members
924 posts
5,963 battles
14 minutes ago, Crucis said:

One way to do it would be this.  Say that you get onto an enemy controlled cap.  While you're on that cap, you are preventing the enemy from earning any domination points for that cap.  In a close battle, this can make a huge difference, even if you don't actually capture the base.  Now, it may be that this is already factored into XP earned, but it would be nice if you earned credits and XP for all the cap points you DENY the enemy team while you're on a base "owned" by the enemy team.  And it'd be doubly nice if your team won and the points margin of victory was less than the number of cap points you denied the enemy by being on one of their caps, then perhaps you should get an additional reward because your action directly lead to the victory.

Heck, I suppose that in theory, you could get a ribbon for every "tick" where you're on an enemy controlled base and preventing them from earning cap points.  Since there are already base capture (solo and assisted) and base defense ribbons, maybe call this a "base interdiction" ribbon.  of course, since you could conceivably get 1 such ribbon every few seconds, each of them wouldn't be worth as much as the capture or defense ribbons.  But it would be a tangible thing.

Yeah, offense ribbons or timer based would work. It would be super fun I think...I doubt it would change the gameplay much. Most lower tier BB players probably wouldn't even attempt capping underfire anyway

EJ

[SALVO]
Members
17,109 posts
17,770 battles
4 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

Yeah, offense ribbons or timer based would work. It would be super fun I think...I doubt it would change the gameplay much. Most lower tier BB players probably wouldn't even attempt capping underfire anyway

EJ

Horror, I don't think that this is a thing for BBs regardless.  It'd be more of an incentive for DDs and possibly some CAs to hop onto an enemy controlled cap to deny the enemy some domination points even if they leave the cap before capping it out.  Heck, the enemy may have a ship on that cap already, but getting your own ship on that same cap still blocks them from gaining domination points.  And that's the entire point.  Reward a player for denying the enemy some domination points.

[BIAS]
Members
3,154 posts
9,278 battles
24 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Basically need a 3rd cap category. Points prevented.

[TARFU]
[TARFU]
Members
924 posts
5,963 battles
34 minutes ago, Crucis said:

You could get an Offense ribbon for every 6 seconds you're in the enemies cap. So after a minute, you get 10 offense ribbons, which equals a cap assist. Seems like a happy compromise and easy to implement. You know how they are though, they won't do anything "too complicated" because they don't want to drive away low IQ customers.

EJ

[TARFU]
[TARFU]
Members
924 posts
5,963 battles

Someone needs to tell the community contributors about this before they go to that summit

Members
1,310 posts
21,132 battles

Oh.  I thought we were going to award offensive, deleterious, insulting behaviour.   Like patches and emblems for the worst...er....best...um...detractors.

[PSP]
Members
6,323 posts
8,942 battles

Every shell impact ribbon and citadel ribbon is an "offense ribbon" as is capping and assisting in capping. Also, Devastating Strike, Die Hard, First Blood, Kraken Unleashed, and most of the other ribbons are obtained from offensive actions or can be. I can't think of one ribbon that is purely defensive in nature all of the time.