You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Komrade_Rylo

60% wr gives easier wins?

27 comments in this topic

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,896 posts
10,471 battles

I have come across a strange revelation. I broke 60% wr a few days ago, and since then, it's been really hard to lose. Like I can die at the beginning of the match and still win handily. Like if things keep going at this rate I might actually reach a 61% wr in under 300 battles. \owo/

Screenshot_20180302-145532.thumb.png.086ff706ae56dcc4478fd6be38d4028d.png

[SEALZ]
Members
526 posts
5,329 battles
1 minute ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

I have come across a strange revelation. I broke 60% wr a few days ago, and since then, it's been really hard to lose. Like I can die at the beginning of the match and still win handily. Like if things keep going at this rate I might actually reach a 61% wr in under 300 battles. \owo/

Give it a day.

• Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester
4,844 posts
13,820 battles

While I can see a person who has managed to improve their WR to over 60% winning most of their games they still lose 40% of them. Wait till its the weekend with an event going on and get back to me lol. 

[OPG]
2,896 posts
10,471 battles
3 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

While I can see a person who has managed to improve their WR to over 60% winning most of their games they still lose 40% of them. Wait till its the weekend with an event going on and get back to me lol. 

Don't worry, I have my squad ready to club the weekend potatoes

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,795 battles
20 minutes ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

Oh look a guy who puts up over 80K a game is surprised he wins 60% of the time, shocking! LOL. Seriously though well done man I hate it when MM monitor shows you on the Red team :) Congrats man I'm at 58.4% myself the struggle is real. GG and GJ.

[OPG]
2,896 posts
10,471 battles
16 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

Oh look a guy who puts up over 80K a game is surprised he wins 60% of the time, shocking! LOL. Seriously though well done man I hate it when MM monitor shows you on the Red team :) Congrats man I'm at 58.4% myself the struggle is real. GG and GJ.

What I'm saying though is once you break the 60% marker it feels easier to pull wins. Ik it's most likely just the placebo effect, but I have no issues with that. And have we been on opposite teams lately?

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,176 battles

hashtag humble brag

The game needs a specific set of disciplines and skills. Once you are used to them, performance comes naturally.

Or after you played bunch of subpar ships and finally switched to the competitive ones:

Image result for taking off weights rock lee gif

Edited by NeutralState

[OPG]
Supertester
1,902 posts
10,258 battles

You know you could have passed some unknown turning point at well.  A slight change in the meta, or the way you play, and suddenly the game 'clicks' more than it did, bingo W/R increases.

Just saying ;-p

• Cool 2

[LOU1]
Members
3,047 posts
8,134 battles

60% also means you probably have longer winning streaks happening more often. Primarily because your skills are tipping the balance on the percentage of games that aren't a guaranteed loss. Good job!

[LEGIT]
[LEGIT]
Members
441 posts
18,721 battles

you must be a really good player. I sure hope I dont run into you and your crew this weekend.:Smile_facepalm:

[CK5]
Members
805 posts
6,562 battles

I have a 56% W/R but lost eight in a row yesterday.  None of the matches were even close - all blow-outs.  The losing streak boogie man will get you.  

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,414 posts
9,548 battles

You are never supposed to talk about this.

[OPG]
2,896 posts
10,471 battles
26 minutes ago, Filthy_Pelican said:

you must be a really good player. I sure hope I dont run into you and your crew this weekend.:Smile_facepalm:

My crew is chase and fthp. The 3 of us kinda crush everything. 2 Missouri and a Mushashi is pretty much an autowin no matter the mm

[MIA-A]
Members
2,114 posts
6,769 battles
30 minutes ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

What I'm saying though is once you break the 60% marker it feels easier to pull wins. Ik it's most likely just the placebo effect, but I have no issues with that. And have we been on opposite teams lately?

Think about it this way.

In order to get from 50% to 51% winrate, you have to be able to cause 1/50 games your team would lose to become wins.

In order to get to a 60% WR, you are now converting 10/50 (or 1/5) games your team would lose into wins. In order to have this type of impact consistently (not to mention to get an overall WR of 60% your recent WR is normally higher) you end up having significant impact in a large number of games regardless of MM. So fluctuations in MM can result in dramatically better WR streaks (ie instead of going 55% you might go 95%).

[O7]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
10,729 posts
7,712 battles
1 hour ago, IronMike11B4O said:

I thought according to the experts on the forum that farming damage does not contribute to winning. 

[RKLES]
Members
7,212 posts
9,006 battles
45 minutes ago, SyndicatedINC said:

You know you could have passed some unknown turning point at well.  A slight change in the meta, or the way you play, and suddenly the game 'clicks' more than it did, bingo W/R increases.

Just saying ;-p

Being a Corgi Captain Recently really felt like it rapidly boosted my ability to play since once I got back to my regular account and was not trying to win while having to endure all 12 enemy ships wanting me dead at the startof every battle it felt so much easier. As a Corgi I tried my best to play well and had no problem what so ever if I killed all 12 enemy ships, if they wanted the rewards for sinking me they had to earn it and usually had to sail over their dead team mates to get it as well... :cap_haloween:

Like they say a good trial by fire can help somebody.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,111 posts
12,668 battles
1 hour ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

I might actually reach a 61% wr in under 300 battles.

That will take a WR of 83.27% for the next 300 games. Good luck!

[LEGIT]
[LEGIT]
Members
441 posts
18,721 battles
1 hour ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

My crew is chase and fthp. The 3 of us kinda crush everything. 2 Missouri and a Mushashi is pretty much an autowin no matter the mm

my problem is sometimes I will go on and have a great round for me but the rest of the team is just trash. It happens all the time....

20180227_202611.jpg

[MIA-A]
Members
2,114 posts
6,769 battles
1 minute ago, Filthy_Pelican said:

my problem is sometimes I will go on and have a great round for me but the rest of the team is just trash. It happens all the time....

Conquerer is one of the worst ships to post a screenshot for - it's so easy to rack up damage that is ultimately pointless in that boat.

[LEGIT]
[LEGIT]
Members
441 posts
18,721 battles
24 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

Conquerer is one of the worst ships to post a screenshot for - it's so easy to rack up damage that is ultimately pointless in that boat.

let's see you post up those stats then. I'll wait here. Shouldn't take you too long right? 

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
496 posts
3,661 battles

Is this a passive-aggressive EPEEN thread?

[-BRS-]
Members
1,632 posts
13,606 battles
5 hours ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

Nice job:Smile_great:

I seem to be stuck at 55 even though my winning record has gone up quite a bit floating at 60 but it's going to take forever to get my overall off of 55%

Edited by silverdahc

Members
19 posts
1,503 battles
5 hours ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

You do realize those are not your solo games, right? With 2/3 decent players it should be quite impossible to get below 60.