You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
STINKWEED_

Aigle Marathon Weekend Part 13 and 14 - you kidding me?

117 comments in this topic

Members
1,563 posts
9,982 battles

I've been doing the Aigle marathon since it started and it's been fine. I'm looking at this weekends part 13 and 14 and I'm scratching my head.

Part 13 - Win a battle and hit enemy ships 150 times with main battery. This can't be done with a BB and extremely hard in a cruiser or DD. I'm not saying it's impossible but I don't recall ever doing 150 hits with main gun in a battle (unless in tier 3) in the past two years. Is this a typo? Should it be multiple battles?

Part 14 is not much better. There are very few ships that have the capacity to shoot down 30 planes in one battle. I certainly don't have any of them.

I'm just wondering how this marathon went from easily obtainable missions to next to impossible. Perhaps WG changed it's mind and doesn't want too many players winning Aigle. 

Capturen.PNG

• Bad 1

[SEALZ]
Members
526 posts
5,315 battles
1 minute ago, STINKWEED_ said:

I've been doing the Aigle marathon since it started and it's been fine. I'm looking at this weekends part 13 and 14 and I'm scratching my head.

Part 13 - Win a battle and hit enemy ships 150 times with main battery. This can't be done with a BB and extremely hard in a cruiser or DD. I'm not saying it's impossible but I don't recall ever doing 150 hits with main gun in a battle (unless in tier 3) in the past two years. Is this a typo? Should it be multiple battles?

Part 14 is not much better. There are very few ships that have the capacity to shoot down 30 planes in one battle. I certainly don't have any of them.

I'm just wondering how this marathon went from easily obtainable missions to next to impossible. Perhaps WG changed it's mind and doesn't want too many players winning Aigle. 

Capturen.PNG

You don’t have to shoot down 30 planes in one battle, it can be over any number of games. As for the 150 hits. Yes it’s difficult, if you can’t do it there are other missions coming up that are a little easier. If you have a RN cruiser or an Atlanta, Cleveland, or Des Moines you should be fine.

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles

30 planes is cumulative, not one battle. Still a bit of work though. 

A lot of mid-tier cruisers can manage 150 hits...Omaha, Marblehead, Molotov, Cleveland, etc. 

[H-W-C]
Members
1,262 posts
3,355 battles

Where does it indicate that you need to down all 30 aircraft in a single battle?

Members
1,563 posts
9,982 battles
4 minutes ago, BullpupWOT said:

30 planes is cumulative, not one battle. Still a bit of work though. 

A lot of mid-tier cruisers can manage 150 hits...Omaha, Marblehead, Molotov, Cleveland, etc. 

"Must be completed in A random or ranked battle. "

A battle  not "battles" as it usually has. Means you need to shoot them all down in one battle. That's why I'm asking if they made a typo

I didn't 150 hits was impossible but I only have Cleve from that list and never have I reached 150. It's extremely hard to do for most f us who don't play cruisers often

Edited by STINKWEED_

[SF-3]
Members
1,521 posts
8,114 battles

Any CL, DD at mid tier and up can get 150 hits you just need to pew pew pew.

Shooting down planes, either div with a CV, play a CV or play an AA ship.

I should be on this weekend periodically, hit me up for a div if you want.

• Cool 2

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles
Just now, STINKWEED_ said:

"Must be completed in A random or ranked battle. "

A battle  not "battles" as it usually has. Means you need to shoot them all down in one battle. That's why I'm asking if they made a typo

Pretty sure that's WG typographical error...you may be right though. I won't know until I get on later. I've seen them grammar incorrectly on missions before. 

Members
1,563 posts
9,982 battles
3 minutes ago, Kevs02Accord said:

Any CL, DD at mid tier and up can get 150 hits you just need to pew pew pew.

Shooting down planes, either div with a CV, play a CV or play an AA ship.

I should be on this weekend periodically, hit me up for a div if you want.

Sounds good, I will thanks.

Nevermind   I guess we can use CV. I don't play CV of course so no help to me lol

Edited by STINKWEED_

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles

Just looked...on the Aigle missions news page it says any number of battles. The in game description is likely a typo. 

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
2,281 posts
9,859 battles
7 minutes ago, Usedcarjock said:

If you have a RN cruiser or an Atlanta, Cleveland, or Des Moines you should be fine.

Only if the red CV (if there is one) cooperates. I have been in many battles with my Cleveland where there was a CV but I didn't shoot down a single  CV plane.

[SEALZ]
Members
526 posts
5,315 battles
Just now, Sabot_100 said:

Only if the red CV (if there is one) cooperates. I have been in many battles with my Cleveland where there was a CV but I didn't shoot down a single  CV plane.

For Main Battery hits

[BIAS]
Members
3,149 posts
9,231 battles
13 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

Capturen.PNG

shot-17.12.16_00.29.01-0347.jpg?width=1091&height=614

How can you not hit a ship 150 times with a light cruiser in a battle??? Atlanta, Belfast, Fiji, Kutuzov, Cleveland, CM, La Gal, De Grasse.... so many good options and easily doable.

Members
1,563 posts
9,982 battles
1 minute ago, Ducky_shot said:

shot-17.12.16_00.29.01-0347.jpg?width=1091&height=614

How can you not hit a ship 150 times with a light cruiser in a battle??? Atlanta, Belfast, Fiji, Kutuzov, Cleveland, CM, La Gal, De Grasse.... so many good options and easily doable.

Very simple.... because I really suck at playing cruisers!

[CVA16]
Members
2,281 posts
9,859 battles
1 minute ago, Usedcarjock said:

For Main Battery hits

Oh, thought the reference was to the 30 aircraft requirement. Even with a good single game, I have never shot down 30 aircraft outside of a scenario. Don't play CVs, much to the relief of any that would be on my team. Hope they actually mean a cumulative score.

Akizuki is good for the 150 hits requirement too.

[BIAS]
Members
3,149 posts
9,231 battles

Very simple.... because I really suck at playing cruisers!

Try your Budyonny or Omaha.

[CVA16]
Members
2,281 posts
9,859 battles
3 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

How can you not hit a ship 150 times with a light cruiser in a battle??? Atlanta, Belfast, Fiji,

Easier for those ships that can spam from relative safety (smoke or over islands). Not so for ships that will probably be taking a lot of return fire.

Members
1,563 posts
9,982 battles
1 minute ago, Ducky_shot said:

Try your Budyonny or Omaha.

I will but if you look at my cruiser stats I'm an embarrassment to the Navy. I never got the hang of them (except tier 3) when I get close enough to be in range  I'm cited to kingdom come or if I play the Budyonny  I keep my distance  but my shots often miss

[BIAS]
Members
3,149 posts
9,231 battles

you aren't bad in those 2 at all. It might take a couple games, but you should get one with 150. Shoot, I'd div with you in a dd and smoke you up and let you whale on them.

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Cool 1

[ASHIP]
Members
597 posts
5,300 battles
19 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

Seriously, this task isn't even remotely within the realm of unreasonable. Any mainline USN, Russian, French or German cruiser could do it. For RN cruisers this task is almost trivial. 200+ hits are routine for the cleveland, fiji, atlanta, edinburgh, Neptune, Minotaur and many other cruisers. You can also do it in any of the Russian, pan-Asian or American destroyers by simply smoking up and pelting a few BBs. It's not like you actually need to do damage with these hits.

You have a bunch of cruisers, all of which are perfectly capable of doing this. Try taking out your cleveland and camping some islands, or bring the fiji and do the same in smoke. You could even do this in some of IJN cruisers if you felt like it.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,096 posts
12,650 battles

If cruisers aren't your thing, use any non-IJN destroyer for 150 main battery hits. Just smoke up and let loose (and move around a bit so you don't eat all the torpedoes that come your way). Heck, with all the French BBs that will be coming through this weekend, destroyer is where it's going to be at anyway.

Members
1,563 posts
9,982 battles
7 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

you aren't bad in those 2 at all. It might take a couple games, but you should get one with 150. Shoot, I'd div with you in a dd and smoke you up and let you whale on them.

Div up! lol  I need help. I hate playing cruisers ( except tier 3)

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles

Div up! lol  I need help. I hate playing cruisers ( except tier 3)

I suggest you park yourself in the Cleveland and use the opportunity to learn how to excel in it, if you are set on trying to complete the mission that is. Kill two birds with one stone so to speak. 

[POP]
Members
1,234 posts
8,256 battles

Kutozov, any of the T6-10 UK cruisers, the two German 'burg cruisers. American mid to high tier DDs. Those are all things that I've gotten over 200 hits in one battle with. 

It's not THAT hard. 

Just looking through my saved after action images. 
Nurnberg - 239 hits (and 8 torps) - 181k damage. 
Blyskawica - 159 hits
Kirov - 168 hits
New Orleans - 184 hits
Cleveland - 157
Edingurgh - 243 hits

Alpha Tester
3,477 posts
1,521 battles

Honestly I don't like how they format these mission myself.  For this weekend I am going to be forced to play ships I don't want to play in order to complete them. This screams out to me of poor design.   First I am going to log into my Saipan with an Air Superiority build until I have my quote of plane kills however, any time I am forced to play a carrier, I cringe.  Hate them worth a passion and have probably less than 20 battles total in them.  Needless to say, when I am forced to play my CV, my team suffers for it.

For the Second Part, the 150 hits and win, at least I will get to play ships I enjoy.   I will probably do it in my Belfast but I have quite a few others that could get the job as well.  Problem is, I am not working on advancing any cruiser lines right not and instead am working on the Alsace and KGV.  Those are the ships I want to invest my time into playing this weekend, not a cruiser and neither of those ships is going to be able to output 150 hits in a single battle.  Again this screams poor mission design because again I am force to play something I don't want to play.

So,  it would be really nice if they figured out a way for people to just play the game they way they enjoyed while working toward a goal.