You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
wilsong12

Credits in co-ups

23 comments in this topic

Members
3 posts
3,253 battles

I would like the credits in  co-up raised .  So for the players the don't like random battles  or not good at them like me   it would not take as long to be able to buy a ship or up grand it. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3

Members
18,218 posts
5,196 battles
4 minutes ago, wilsong12 said:

I would like the credits in  co-up raised .  So for the players the don't like random battles  or not good at them like me   it would not take as long to be able to buy a ship or up grand it. 

That's the whole reason the reward is less.

You'll get more rewards being bad at PvP than good at Co-op.

Don't be afraid to play randoms just because you think you're bad. No matter how bad you are, realising your gameplay is subpar puts you far ahead of many, many players.

Realising you're bad means you can learn not to be.

• Cool 3

Members
519 posts
3,350 battles
15 minutes ago, wilsong12 said:

Never going to happen, risks vs rewards you know ? If you want to make more creds get a premium account use signals and camo , do Ops  or just learn to play randoms..

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,665 posts
3,824 battles

It's already generous enough that we spend a lot less for the service cost compared to randoms.

With the level of difficulty displayed in co op and high win rates, it's expected to have the earnings be a lot lower to reflect that.

You're basically going to need to pay real money to get all the bonuses from premium time, flags, and camo.

[TBW]
Members
6,401 posts
12,031 battles

First off the Battles are normally shorter so you can get more battles in, and then the credits are about the same.

• Bad 1

Members
18,218 posts
5,196 battles
1 minute ago, wilsong12 said:

OK thanks SKpstr

If you're interested in improving, you might want to look into posting some replays. There will certainly be players who can point out some things you might be doing wrong.

One thing is, the worse you are, the more likely it is that correcting one bad habit will make a big difference.

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles
41 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

That's the whole reason the reward is less.

You'll get more rewards being bad at PvP than good at Co-op.

Don't be afraid to play randoms just because you think you're bad. No matter how bad you are, realising your gameplay is subpar puts you far ahead of many, many players.

Realising you're bad means you can learn not to be.

Sorry, but I have to question this. I'm bad, I realize it, but the unpredictability of the green team makes my attempts at getting better the wrong choice at the wrong time....I'm kidding of course, but there is a hint of truth in it all. 

Members
9,962 posts

WG wants people in random, and wants people pushed to tier 10. That don't seem to care that the vast majority of players don't buy into it...:Smile_teethhappy:

• Bad 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,373 posts
9,527 battles

Less risk less reward, more risk more reward. Play as you like but that is not going to change.

[-OPS-]
Members
70 posts
4,573 battles

give the OPS Scenarios a try.. rewards are better than coop..( I think compare with random)  half the bozos to deal with..

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,734 posts
3,490 battles

Is going to be that way because of the risk vs reward. If you want to get a bit better at PvP check out iChaseGaming on youtube. His Captain's Academy videos are great for new and veteran players alike.

[NMKJT]
Members
2,727 posts

Third alternative, play operations. I made almost 900k on my Belfast the other day (in gamescon camo)

Members
18,218 posts
5,196 battles
1 hour ago, BullpupWOT said:

Sorry, but I have to question this. I'm bad, I realize it, but the unpredictability of the green team makes my attempts at getting better the wrong choice at the wrong time....I'm kidding of course, but there is a hint of truth in it all. 

For sure, but that's the most important thing to learn IMO, to make the right choice at the right time.

All the tactical stuff (shooting, torpedobeats, proper smoke use, etc.) will come unconsciously with practice. Correctly interpreting the minimap is huge, and requires conscious learning. That's why you get a lot of (lazy) players like me.

If you drop an opportunity to influence the game in my lap, I can probably make good on it. But I'm pretty clueless on how to find or create those opportunities.

Members
18,218 posts
5,196 battles
8 minutes ago, Destroyer_Suzukaze said:

Third alternative, play operations. I made almost 900k on my Belfast the other day (in gamescon camo)

Yeah, I was running Revolution camo on a rotation of Gneisenau, Fiji, and Shchors for Ultimate Frontier, with premium I was netting 150-400K per match.

Figure out where teams typically stumble, and concentrate on getting through that as efficiently as possible, is a good way to improve your chances of 5-starring. (In Gneisenau, I always volunteered to take out Atlanta, because I knew that I could do it quickly and get back in the main fight. (and save Kato too! :Smile_teethhappy:)

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,814 posts
10,590 battles
5 hours ago, wilsong12 said:

I am a Co-op main. About all I play. I can't support this. The credits and XP pay out for Co-op is fine as is. It is an easier mode overall to play so it should pay less. The only thing that could use some attention is the service fee. Credits and XP are cut at least 50-60% vs Random yet the service fee is only cut 25%. The service fee should be reduced to the same % that credits and XP are. Otherwise things are fine.

I have made it to 3 T10 BB's, am at T9 in a 4th BB line, have 2 T9 Cruisers, and some other T8 BB's and Cruisers. Basically all as a Co-op player. It takes longer but it is ok with me. It is the trade off I accept for not having to deal with the chaos and vitriol that is PVP.

If you want to speed up your Co-op grind you have an option. Open your wallet. Get a premium account as it greatly increases the post battle rewards vs a free account and is really required from T7/T8 on. Signal flags and camo help a lot too. Join a clan as well. As long as they have the buildings you can get reduced purchase price on ships and a -10% on the service fee. Also, Premium ships are great for Co-op players as they earn better and as a bonus are great for training Capt's. Oh, and you can also play the Scenario's/Operations which pay very well.

No offense OP and I feel your pain BUT credits aren't getting increased for Co-op play and they shouldn't be IMO. 

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,814 posts
10,590 battles
5 hours ago, Vader_Sama said:

It's already generous enough that we spend a lot less for the service cost compared to randoms.

Not really. Yes, the service fee was cut -25% vs Random BUT the credit payout was cut at least 50% if not 60%+. So you make far less in Co-op net. We actually pay more on a % basis vs Random when you factor in how much of your game profits are taken by the service fee.

[PVE]
Members
9,610 posts
7,466 battles
5 hours ago, wilsong12 said:

The credits have been raised in the past and now are just right. WG does want people to buy premium time, so unless you use flags, perma-camo and are in a clan, you will need to play mid tier to play high tier in PvE. It is the same as in PvP, if you don't buy premium time and use perma-camo & flags, you have to play mid tier PvP to afford high tier PvP.

Do join a clan. There are many solo player clans if you are not into competitive play. That extra -10% discount on the service cost is like running the flag for that and stacks with that flag and perma-camo. Running the flag, perma-camo and clan bonus can get you from 30% off T6-T8, 40% off for T9 and 70% off at T10 of the fixed service cost.

4 hours ago, awiggin said:

WG wants people in random, and wants people pushed to tier 10. That don't seem to care that the vast majority of players don't buy into it...:Smile_teethhappy:

I disagree. I just think WG wants people to buy premium time whatever the mode.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,665 posts
3,824 battles
55 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Not really. Yes, the service fee was cut -25% vs Random BUT the credit payout was cut at least 50% if not 60%+. So you make far less in Co-op net. We actually pay more on a % basis vs Random when you factor in how much of your game profits are taken by the service fee.

Even 25% is a large amount for high tier ships namely tier 10s. 

Back then co op paid the same amount for the service cost as random, thankfully it's been adjusted since.

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,496 battles

Run the scenarios. Even with the 50k cost to get a ship back you can make over double that per match if you do well.

But it comes down to risk vs rewards. 

OP just focus on the basics. iChase, Notser, Jingles and a few others have a lot of YouTube vids on basic tactics and strategy. And they do work.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,814 posts
10,590 battles
27 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

Even 25% is a large amount for high tier ships namely tier 10s. 

Back then co op paid the same amount for the service cost as random, thankfully it's been adjusted since.

Oh I agree. It makes a huge difference. Just pointing out we actually pay more net is all.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,405 posts
2,387 battles
7 hours ago, Skpstr said:

^^This.

I played a fair amount of co-op learning the controls, and still enjoy it occasionally, but after a while you begin to understand that the true skill in this game is in understanding and countering the unpredictable machinations of the dastardly enemy.  (Also in killing them and hearing the lamentations of their women.)  Bots are predictable.

Members
18,218 posts
5,196 battles
1 hour ago, iDuckman said:

^^This.

I played a fair amount of co-op learning the controls, and still enjoy it occasionally, but after a while you begin to understand that the true skill in this game is in understanding and countering the unpredictable machinations of the dastardly enemy.  (Also in killing them and hearing the lamentations of their women.)  Bots are predictable.

Yeah, that's the big draw to PvP for me. I played a lot of Ultimate Frontier last week, it's a decent op, but it got so I was playing by rote. I kept playing though, because 5 stars paid off well, and unless my teammates were beyond potatoes, (only happened 3 times) it was easy to get. (although a couple times I did have to race north in a cruiser to help get the Atlanta before the planes arrived)