You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ironcladtanker

Why Do You Play WOWS?

33 comments in this topic

-Members-
1,266 posts
13 battles

I love the community, the history, the ships, and the fellowship between players. It's a great community to be apart of.

Beta Testers
243 posts
10 battles
3 hours ago, guinness77 said:

Wows is relaxing for me.  I work very very hard and have to deal with a ton of [edited].  So it's a stress relief thing.  And it'll ALWAYS be better than "snapping" anyway.  Ii don't think humans were meant to handle the load of crappola we get fed.  If I ever do "snap", it'll be on cell phones, PA systems, and Operation Manuals... NEVER on people.  So don't worry.

Lemme guess....a 911 dispatch center??? with a 2 minute lunch break???

Beta Testers
243 posts
10 battles

Yeah, thanks for the feedback guys.  I think I'll consider getting back into it once I can get more Hard Drive space/RAM on my PC.

Members
51 posts
11,408 battles

Primarily, I play to relax and relieve stress. Oh, and I like to crush my fellow human beings necks beneath the heel of my jackboot...

Members
330 posts
4,988 battles
7 minutes ago, ironcladtanker said:

Lemme guess....a 911 dispatch center??? with a 2 minute lunch break???

A District Supervisor - Grocery Contract management.  NO lunch break (I'm salaried.)  

Members
1 post
852 battles

To understand why I play this game, we have to go back in time about 10 years, in 2007 (and....maybe a year before?) I played a little game called Navy Field.  I started playing it because I was trying to fill a void in my gaming life, Chromehounds was shut down so I needed a game where I could customize things.  Navy Field for me was pretty fun, it reminded me a lot of those artillery games we'd all played at school like pocket tanks, only on a much larger scale.  Navy Field also went through shutdowns and some really bad premium content models (honestly if you think premium content in WoWS is bad or unbalanced you have NO IDEA, it could be MUCH WORSE, if you think this matchmaker is bad IT COULD BE WAAAAY WORSE)  Navy Field I enjoyed, but it had a small community, and eventually, I drifted off to play other games.

Fast Forward to the Beta of World of Warships.  I was playing World of Tanks at the time (I think I was even in a clan fighting in Clan Wars), but I thought this new ships game looked fun, and I had a bout of nostalgia from my NF experiences, so, I threw down some $ with a preorder and started playing.  The style was interesting.  It had more depth than I had expected, and it didn't have nearly as many problems as NF did.  Granted, it still had problems, it still HAS problems, but I can deal with them, I can accept them.  (It also helps that I'm a giant weeb and I love Arpeggio of Blue Steel :D  I'm still sad that I missed out on Takao.)  Then....I joined the real life military and didn't play many video games for about a year.

Nowadays I play because its a slow paced game, with a lot of depth and strategy, and to me, it's COOL.  Sailing around in giant 4 million ton battleships is awesome!  (Even though I play a bunch of destroyers mostly...)  There's things I'd like, I'd like my USN carriers to be better, I'd like my IJN Destroyers to have a purpose in their lives, but overall, I keep playing because I find it fun.  I say this because I KNOW it's not fun for everyone.  Some of my friends just can't get into it.  The ones that do I told them to play the game for a bit (since it's free to play) and see if you like it.

[DPG]
Members
1,225 posts
5,584 battles

I'm a pretty sizable history buff.  My family has been serving in the military in this country since The Revolutionary War.  Two of my Grandparents and an Uncle served in the Navy in WWII and I've always liked the really big ships.  That's why I started playing, but as for why I still play... It's  a hope that one day I will actually get better at the game and be considered good.  Sadly, that may not be in the cards.  The anxiety of failure is too much sometimes and it sucks the fun right out of the game.