You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ironcladtanker

Why Do You Play WOWS?

33 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
243 posts
10 battles

Hello there, fellow seafarrers.

This is one individual who is more of the Tank one.  Have well over 5K battles on that game, and have played all three of the WG trilogy a time or two.

No longer play Warplanes for personal reasons.  Played this one for a few battles then lost interest.

You see in tanks I can hide in so many bushes and trees, building, etc.  No unfortunately cannot go airborne, however still in 3D because of terrain irregularities, the ability to jump off bridges and stuff.

In this ship game I can hide behind rocks and islands which is cool, that being said it feels all 2D to me.

Please note I'm not ranting, these are just my first impressions.

Ok so why I'm poasting is to ask you guys what about this game gives you the adrenaline rush?  Is it the torpedoes (which I haven'e tried yet)?

Thanks so much for your feedback.:Smile_Default:

P.S.

Why does this game finance in doubloons which separate itself from the other two games?????

Members
182 posts
728 battles

Why Do You Play WOWS?

Im not sure at the moment ,seems the premium ships have turned to garbage for massive costs.

The game seems kinda broken. 

• Boring 3
  • Bad 2

Beta Testers
1,864 posts
19,063 battles

I just enjoy WOWs more then I did WOTs and WOWPs . I have over 32,000 battles in WOTs and about 250 tanks and have not played it much because I got hooked on WOWs . WOWPs I have 150 planes there and left that game once the population dropped.  I enjoy WOWs the most. Hell I have 230 ships collected already . maybe because I'm an Ex tin can sailor who's been on that Destroyer for four years in real life once ?   

Members
1,344 posts
1,343 battles

Cute Japanese ship girls. And that one Russian. (I wonder who that could be?)

Beta Testers
2,029 posts

I enjoy it more than WoT because it's generally much less toxic and the gameplay is less stressful.

The doubloons being separate has been a point of contention for me for quite some time.  They promised way back in closed beta that the gold economies would eventually be unified.  Their wiki claims they are unified.  I did see they recently released a statement saying they were still looking into it.  It'll probably never happen though as they don't want to lose potential income by allowing gold hoarded from tourneys and Clan Wars to come over.

Edited by AspiringCodger

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,981 posts
9,927 battles
41 minutes ago, ironcladtanker said:

Why does this game finance in doubloons which separate itself from the other two games?????

There is a difference in how the economy works in WoWs . 1 doubloon exchanges for 1,500 credits . Whereas in WoT and WoWp 1 gold exchanges for 450 credits . Other then that I suppose it has to do with making money ( after all it is a company (WG) trying to make money and thus continue their existence .

:Smile_honoring: 

• Angry 1

[GUP]
Members
1 post
484 battles

I play WoWs and WoT mainly because I'm a history nut. I just love old tanks and warships. Not much of a big reason, more personal than anything. I do have a problem of WoWs not working due to the WG Game Center always freezing on my so I play WoWs off of steam. Still happy I get to play it though.

Beta Testers
2,029 posts
Just now, Chien_Lu_Anderman said:

There is a difference in how the economy works in WoWs . 1 doubloon exchanges for 1,500 credits . Whereas in WoT and WoWp 1 gold exchanges for 450 credits . Other then that I suppose it has to do with making money ( after all it is a company (WG) trying to make money and thus continue their existence .

I've always hated that argument as the gold to doubloon value is identical.  The credits and free XP are earned at a much different rate, but premium currency is the same.  There is absolutely no good reason not unify the gold economy aside from affecting their profit.  They would just need to leave out the credits and free XP or come up with a conversion ratio for them.

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
3,981 posts
9,927 battles
9 minutes ago, AspiringCodger said:

I've always hated that argument as the gold to doubloon value is identical.  The credits and free XP are earned at a much different rate, but premium currency is the same.  There is absolutely no good reason not unify the gold economy aside from affecting their profit.  They would just need to leave out the credits and free XP or come up with a conversion ratio for them.

Oh I definitely agree with you . Heck just got over 27 thousand gold in WoT during the last x-mas/new years season and could not get it transferred to WoWs which I play much more then WoT these days (only have 5 tanks left in my garage) . So I used it to get more premium time (not a bad thing as it got me another years worth added on to what I had left from buying a year last November and thus do not have to worry about premium time until 2020 since I will pick a day or so every now and then due to missions and OP's) . 

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
2,029 posts
2 minutes ago, Chien_Lu_Anderman said:

Oh I definitely agree with you . Heck just got over 27 thousand gold in WoT during the last x-mas/new years season and could not get it transferred to WoWs which I play much more then WoT these days (only have 5 tanks left in my garage) . So I used it to get more premium time (not a bad thing as it got me another years worth added on to what I had left from buying a year last November and thus do not have to worry about premium time until 2020 since I will pick a day or so every now and then due to missions and OP's) . 

Nice.  Mine is actually almost gone now as I haven't played in probably a year or so and used up most of what I had for premium time too.

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
3,981 posts
9,927 battles
3 minutes ago, AspiringCodger said:

Nice.  Mine is actually almost gone now as I haven't played in probably a year or so and used up most of what I had for premium time too.

Bad thing is I still have gold left over ( in WoT ) and nothing to do with it ( since I can not buy more premium time with it until I am down to 359 days and am at 533 days left now ) ! sigh 

[CK5]
Members
806 posts
6,578 battles

After losing 8 in a row yesterday, I sometimes wonder why I keep playing WoWS.  I do like the game, however, as the variety of ships keeps it fresh and the challenge to do well brings me back.  On a personal note, my Dad was in the Navy and I have always had an interest in historical ships.  

Members
519 posts
3,356 battles

I used to play CW in MechWarrior Online A LOT and burnt myself out then I went to WOT  , now I mainly play WOWS and miniatures tabletop games like FrostGrave and looking into Dracula's America..

Beta Testers
243 posts
10 battles
1 hour ago, Incendiary_Tanker said:

Cute Japanese ship girls. And that one Russian. (I wonder who that could be?)

So ur saying the game now has ship pinups???

Please answer a flat out "Yes", or a flat out honest "No".

Do that and I will respond quite shortly.....

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,233 posts
9,928 battles

I have many reasons but i'll just list the top 3:fish_book:

1: I love military history and anything relating to it

2: I want to see and experience some of the ships my family served on during WW2  (bouge, fletcher, clemson, and Cleveland)

3: I have friends who share the same intrests in both the game and other things, so its fun to hang out with them.

• Cool 1

Members
1,577 posts
10,000 battles

They told me if I didn't play they would take my puppy away

• Funny 2

Members
4,177 posts

Well, I love naval history and battleships.  I enjoy watching the ship go boom as well.

Tried WoWPs, but with no joystick after T1 its all but unplayable.

WoT, meh.  Have a few tanks but the gameplay seems, meh.  I just can't get into it.

Of course in WoWS I love the WoT players who hide behind the islands.  They are so easy to hit.  Using the same strategies from WoTs almost always makes them easy targets.

Members
322 posts
4,607 battles

Wows is relaxing for me.  I work very very hard and have to deal with a ton of [edited].  So it's a stress relief thing.  And it'll ALWAYS be better than "snapping" anyway.  Ii don't think humans were meant to handle the load of crappola we get fed.  If I ever do "snap", it'll be on cell phones, PA systems, and Operation Manuals... NEVER on people.  So don't worry.