You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Maxxumless

CV Plane Controls Changed?

12 comments in this topic

[MOREL]
Members
2 posts
1,297 battles

When I'm in the map view and try to select multiple plane groups by left clicking and dragging across them now seems to give the last group new instructions. It's really frustrating. So, let's say I have group 2 selected but want to select 3 and 4 by dragging across them, then what will happen is 2 will change to the point where I started dragging then when I end the drag 3 and 4 will go to the place where I end the drag. It doesn't happen when I'm zoomed in to the combat view though. Dragging selects the planes fine there and doesn't do that. It didn't do that before the last update. What I have to do now is manually select each group and control all the planes individually. I also noticed a double thump sound when clicking fly points. Before it just made the selection/click sound once.

[PVE]
Members
5,608 posts
18,201 battles

There is a carrier planes glitch with this new patch. A couple of threads on it already here and on Reddit. Manual attacks are buggy, instructions to planes get screwy and even auto drops have problems. It isn't a fun time to play carriers.

[PVE]
Members
5,608 posts
18,201 battles
Just now, nuttybiscuit said:

the hotfix hasn't addressed this?

It was still like this last night around 8pm CST. Not sure when they did a hotfix so it is possible it has been taken care of. Sorry Max, didn't know about the hotfix update.

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,798 posts
7,034 battles
Just now, Taylor3006 said:

It was still like this last night around 8pm CST. Not sure when they did a hotfix so it is possible it has been taken care of. Sorry Max, didn't know about the hotfix update.

there was a hotfix/server restart an hour ago. (seems to have reduced lag for most players, I haven't dared try out cvs yet)/

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
5,608 posts
18,201 battles
18 minutes ago, nuttybiscuit said:

there was a hotfix/server restart an hour ago. (seems to have reduced lag for most players, I haven't dared try out cvs yet)/

Thanks for the info Nutty, heck been on the forums all night and didn't see anything about it. I really need to get off the forums and check out their webpage once in a while...

[3COWS]
[3COWS]
Members
22 posts
12,450 battles

The hotfix didn't fix this. Its a total CV screw up! Your planes launch to the back of the map. When you round them up like a bag of cats and head them out and spot something the moment you click on a single squadron that's the signal for all the other squadrons to turn and auto fly to the back of the map again! So yu click on them to get them back and your fighters break contact and all run to the back of the map. Dear Wargaming, this is unacceptable testing of a product before you launch it into the general public. Reminds us of when you HAD a German CV and didn't we see how THAT worked out!

NOT your finest hour......

[CASUL]
Members
8 posts
11,571 battles

Ya I'm having the same problems with carrier planes since yesterday... can't target properly... when I lock torps on ship with 2 or more squardrons.. when I try to cross fire the planes unlock from target and fly off.. same with fighters when ordered to attack .. have to control planes individually... what a mess... taking nothing but flack from team mates.. stopped playing CV until the glitch is fixed...

[3COWS]
[3COWS]
Members
22 posts
12,450 battles

Its easy to abuse Wargaming for getting a slip up here and there...but after all the testing that goes into a patch preview then release, you would think at least 1! person would try out all the branches and go..."Well this should take 15 min a class...lets do an overall proof run.....Oh wait! CV's that we keep messing up are messed up again!...Oh well, perhaps they wont notice or think we don't know what we are doing in testing.."

Hey but they released a great Vid to show us how good they are! *golf clap*...Yeh THAT little gem would be smarting about now...

[VF-10]
Members
42 posts

This silly problem made me look like a total idiot yesterday. Playing my saipan vs a Kaga. Strafe didn't work, dying in a dogfight lock up before the now lagging game caught up. TB took off with their own mind, and my CV wouldn't even follow the waypoints. A total Charlie Foxtrot (That's military for a Cluster f----) Then I hear about the glitch and couldn't finish my quest for French Containers. Came up 2 wins short.... :cap_viking::Smile_facepalm::etc_swear: