Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
hexeris

What gives with teams this week?

33 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
400 posts
9,366 battles

Potato after potato after potato and it's not even the weekend! Is it holidays in the US?

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[ARGSY]
Members
6,343 posts
4,275 battles

What ships are they sailing? Low-tier French battleships, perchance?

Beta Testers
52 posts
586 battles
27 minutes ago, hexeris said:

Potato after potato after potato and it's not even the weekend! Is it holidays in the US?

Nope get back to your servers and stop Qqing all over the forums.  Also you are obviously 1 of those 15 potatoes.

[TG-38]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,279 posts
7,294 battles
1 hour ago, hexeris said:

No, but it is in India. Hmm...

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
402 posts
4,267 battles

Full Moon syndrome...

pretty sad when a BB has to cap, more than once in multiple games.

[AXANR]
Members
3,363 posts
16,663 battles

It's a launch week for a new BB line. Potatoes are going to happen. Sometimes it's in your favor, sometimes your team has all the potatoes. If your team is always all potatoes, chances are you're the potato (given a large enough sample size.)

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
402 posts
4,267 battles
12 minutes ago, poeticmotion said:

It's a launch week for a new BB line. Potatoes are going to happen. Sometimes it's in your favor, sometimes your team has all the potatoes. If your team is always all potatoes, chances are you're the potato (given a large enough sample size.)

I know I'm a potato, but working on fixing that. Sadly, it's hard pushing a cap and trying to support dd's and cruisers, and at the first shot from the reds your team turns tail and runs. Fun times after that are coming your way.

[ICOP]
Members
942 posts
3,423 battles
2 hours ago, toosonmike said:

Full Moon syndrome...

To make it more effective, say USN BB, like the New York, New Mexico, etc...

[INTEL]
Members
8,588 posts
25,729 battles
19 hours ago, toosonmike said:

Full Moon syndrome...

Haha. Had one game go 6:47, all ships on one side killed. 

And capped in Monty early in another match. Our capping DDs shied away from the cap, so I pushed in, and a Khab came with. Crazy. 

Edited by Taichunger

Members
323 posts

There is also graphics issues going on after the patch. My screen turns into a flip book, then I die.  Mind you I die anyway just not that fast. Lol.

[BIAS]
Members
3,154 posts
9,256 battles

Was in a t5-t7 game last night with a Karlsruhe and Wyoming fail divved on the enemy team. I noted the fail div semi sympathetically in chat and was immediately jumped on by our Gadjah Madah that told me I'm an idiot, it's only a 1 tier spread, that's not a fail div; Yes, the T7 Gadjah Madah.... I laughed in chat and told him that he was a t7 and he wasn't the only one and he was facing t4 and that means a fail div. Another player on our team pipes up and stated that "just because there are t7's in the battle doesn't mean that its a t7 battle"

And these people are out there potentially procreating and driving....

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Funny 2

Members
191 posts
48 minutes ago, killsbane67 said:

There is also graphics issues going on after the patch. My screen turns into a flip book, then I die.  Mind you I die anyway just not that fast. Lol.

I've been getting this too a lot. It's not constant but go to get your turrets aimed and the slide show starts, putting your aim no where near the boat you were trying to point at.
Didn't have the issue prior to patch but do now.

[BIAS]
Members
3,154 posts
9,256 battles
5 hours ago, DethWolf said:

Nope get back to your servers and stop Qqing all over the forums.  Also you are obviously 1 of those 15 potatoes.

Ummm.... There are only 12 players on a team max... Also, this forum and server covers more than The United States. I live in Canada, for instance... There are a good number of players from other countries in North America as well as South America.

Stop propagating the "ignorant American" stereotype. It's attitudes like that that confirm rather than deny that stereotype.

Edited by Ducky_shot

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

My theory is an influx of new players (steam release). I've seen quite a few veteran achievements (win 100 random battles) awarded this week.

[MIA-A]
Members
2,115 posts
6,790 battles

Why is it that nearly everyone who posts these types of threads are at best average players?

Members
18,251 posts
5,220 battles

You know something's up when you're being a dbag, just trying to get torp hits for the French mission, not worrying about the win at all, and you get 2nd place. In a win. In a Gaede. In a T8 match....

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
26 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

Why is it that nearly everyone who posts these types of threads are at best average players?

Because if your average at best, then you tend to be impacted the most. You don't drag the team down, but not really ready to carry either.

[CAST]
Members
1,209 posts
7,388 battles
31 minutes ago, cometguy said:

Because if your average at best, then you tend to be impacted the most. You don't drag the team down, but not really ready to carry either.

Definitely.  Really good players have a greater impact on the game and often cause the enemy team to look like the potato team.  The really good player is often better than the best player on the enemy team and can make up for several average or below average players on the friendly team.  An average player, on the other hand, relies on the rest of team beating their counterpart, which means they are hoping the rest of the team is better than the enemy team and are just along for the ride themselves.  There is nothing wrong with being average.  I'll take a team of average players all day.  Its the ones that sit well below average and try to escape any sensible actions on the playing field that I call real potatoes.

It used to be the weekends that brought out the masses of potato play.  Its randomly distributed throughout the week now.  You can get really bad play in long stretches at anytime.

Members
18,251 posts
5,220 battles
58 minutes ago, cometguy said:

I find that often, being a bit above average, on "weekends", you've got a good opportunity to carry, because there's literally fewer opponents that can stop you.

Of course, only being a bit above average means that your range of carry-ready ships and comfortable maps/starting locations will be smaller than that of better players, so you still can get potatowhelmed a lot.

But if you pick good ships and get a comfy map, and spawn in where you want, you'll feel a wolfish grin starting, that only spreads as you find out you're one of the better players in the match.

Edited by Skpstr

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
12 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

I find that often, being a bit above average, on "weekends", you've got a good opportunity to carry, because there's literally fewer opponents that can stop you.

Of course, only being a bit above average means that your range of carry-ready ships and comfortable maps/starting locations will be smaller than that of better players, so you still can get potatowhelmed a lot.

But if you pick good ships and get a comfy map, and spawn in where you want, you'll feel a wolfish grin starting, that only spreads as you find out you're one of the better players in the match.

Ya, there are more opportunities to carry, and so I think they'll get better, but they also have to learn how to carry. Gotta start looking big picture.

Members
18,251 posts
5,220 battles
1 hour ago, cometguy said:

Ya, there are more opportunities to carry, and so I think they'll get better, but they also have to learn how to carry. Gotta start looking big picture.

Yeah, I know for me, I definitely need some no-brainer choices and the odd opportunity dropped in my lap to help me along.

But once I have the opportunity shoved in my face, I can usually figure out the next step lol.

• Cool 1

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
11 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Yeah, I know for me, I definitely need some no-brainer choices and the odd opportunity dropped in my lap to help me along.

But once I have the opportunity shoved in my face, I can usually figure out the next step lol.

Outside CVs, I need a metric ton of dumb luck.

Sign in to follow this